Sign in to follow this  
gardenstatepkwy

Zeke Trade - Fair?

I'm looking to free up a roster spot and give myself an upgrade at the same time.  Team I'm potentially trading with is 0-4 and is in desperate need of a TE (has Knox starting). League is a 1.0 PPR.

I'd give:

Kerryon Johnson or Mark Ingram

James White

Greg Olsen

I'd get:

Zeke

Golden Tate or Gallup

What do you guys think?  I don't want to feel like I'm pulling one of the trade partner and I don't want a trade that everyone looks at and says VETO!  I want to give the 0-4 team a few more guys he can plug right into his lineup and upgrade myself.

Roster? 

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat if I were you, however, the VETO button is going to be hit quickly if the league allows it.  It definitely depends on the rosters and the type of league (dynasty, redraft, keeper), but if it's a Dynasty, it would get vetoed quickly.  If it's a redraft, I doubt many people voice an opinion, but you never know.  You come out very very well in this deal.  lol

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Roster? 

My roster (2-2, 600 Points for) 5th

QB Ryan

RB - D Johnson, M Ingram, K Johnson, J White, D Singletary, J Samuels

WR - T Hill, K Allen, T McLaurin, C Kirk

TE - Olsen, Dissley

His roster (0-4, 438 Pts for) 10th

QB - Wentz

RB - Zeke, C Carson, M Sanders

WR - D Adams, A Thielen, C Ridley, M Gallup, E Sanders, G Tate, P Dorsett

TE - D Knox, TJ Hockensen

I don't want a trade where half the league is beating down my door crying unfair.  The way I see it is he can slot in all 3 of the guys I'm giving him and start them over some of the trash he has and I'm basically taking his worst WR (sans Dorsett who he just grabbed off waivers). Yahoo projections (which mean exactly shite but its all anyone looks at in evaluating) have us coming out both in the +.

Elliott would be a downgrade from Ingram, so it's a lot more likely to get vetoed if you include Ingram than if you send Kerryon.

I guess I would want Gallup in return, but I'm not sure either WR really helps you either.

All in all, I probably wouldn't be too excited to do this deal, unless you really want to free up a roster spot without dropping anyone--or you really want to do the guy a favor.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Elliott would be a downgrade from Ingram, so it's a lot more likely to get vetoed if you include Ingram than if you send Kerryon.

I guess I would want Gallup in return, but I'm not sure either WR really helps you either.

All in all, I probably wouldn't be too excited to do this deal, unless you really want to free up a roster spot without dropping anyone--or you really want to do the guy a favor.

Having so many injured players is whats killing me.  I face the league leader this week whos been smoking people.  Actually I have back-to-back and am likely to lose both games.  I think for this week unless one of McLaurin or Kirk play (Kirk looks doubtful), I'd need a WR and I don't want to drop Singletary if I can avoid it.  Which WR from his roster would you take for Olsen or Dissley?  Thanks for the help!

If you need immediate WR help, then neither Tate nor Gallup are really the answer.  I'd be more interested in getting Thielen this week than Zeke, as Thielen will probly get the squeaky wheel treatment against the Giants, which should result in a 15-20 point (PPR) fantasy day.

Maybe you send Kerryon, White and Olsen for Carson and Thielen?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

My roster (2-2, 600 Points for) 5th

QB Ryan

RB - D Johnson, M Ingram, K Johnson, J White, D Singletary, J Samuels

WR - T Hill, K Allen, T McLaurin, C Kirk

TE - Olsen, Dissley

His roster (0-4, 438 Pts for) 10th

QB - Wentz

RB - Zeke, C Carson, M Sanders

WR - D Adams, A Thielen, C Ridley, M Gallup, E Sanders, G Tate, P Dorsett

TE - D Knox, TJ Hockensen

I don't want a trade where half the league is beating down my door crying unfair.  The way I see it is he can slot in all 3 of the guys I'm giving him and start them over some of the trash he has and I'm basically taking his worst WR (sans Dorsett who he just grabbed off waivers). Yahoo projections (which mean exactly shite but its all anyone looks at in evaluating) have us coming out both in the +.

Just my $.02, but if you are going to compete, you need someone capable of blowing up.  Zeke gives you that benefit.  He hasn't gotten into the groove yet this season, but he will.  Don't let the first four games influence your decision too much.  That's how teams lose.  There are always anomalies this early and owners tend to overreact and trade away players that will finish the season strong.  Also, Tate could surprise you upon his return.  He's not going to have many high yardage games, but the guy has an ability to get open and make catches.  In PPR, that's valuable.  Gallup could do the same, although I am a bit leery on trading for anyone coming off an injury.  Gallup will see a lot of targets upon his return too, I'm just not certain if it will be as many as Tate since the Cowboys aren't likely to be playing from behind as often as the Giants.  He did see a lot of targets before the injury, so he definitely has that going for him. 

Ingram isn't going to finish the season over Zeke.  Losing Olsen isn't going to hurt you (at least not yet), and adding another PPR WR isn't going to hurt you either.  I would take the deal.  I do think the league will complain, but only because most of the people will only know Zeke's name and not pay much attention to the actual games thus far this season.  That's their issue, not yours.  Yahoo Leagues, if you don't know the other owners, tend to have guys in there that will draft folks based on name recognition.  It sometimes causes an issue when trading for a big "name" player.  You'll be better off at the end of the season by doing the trade.  Forget what the stats are after just 4 weeks.  I don't think anyone in their right mind would tell you not to trade for a Zeke, Kamara, CMC or Barkley if you have the opportunity, and in this case, you win the trade. 

After a few back and forths with the other owner the latest proposal doesnt even involve Zeke. Kerryon and Dissley for Thielen and Ridley.  I'm not crazy about giving up an RB and not getting one back and I actually prefer Dissley to Olsen.  This trade may be dead.  Tried the Kerryon, White, and Olsen for Carson and Thielen and was shot down.  That was a good idea though.