Sign in to follow this  
Armchairwarrior

Tyreek - the wait is almost over

Probably not starting him his first week back if he does play this week, as I expect they might limit his snaps. Hopeffully, a full go week 6 and let the 10/100/1 weeks commence.

I was being told by someone that they are in no rush to bring him back because the whole offense is so good. They don't need to lean on him. I laughed at him, then the Lions game happened and I laughed some more. Watkins +robinson+Hardman <<<<<<<<<< Hill

I’d say he misses this week and gives it a go next week in limited reps. Enjoy taking a hit to that area or falling on it, then tell me how he feels.

18 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’d say he misses this week and gives it a go next week in limited reps. Enjoy taking a hit to that area or falling on it, then tell me how he feels.

Probably this.

8 minutes ago, dog19 said:

Are Mecole Hardman owners cutting bait or waiting another week or two?

As always, it depends on what your other options for starters and waivers are, but Hardman should retain whatever value he's had up to this point for another week or two.

2 hours ago, dog19 said:

I may be cutting bait for a couple speculative options out there. But I wouldn’t do it just to do it 

I normally don't like to play guys that miss multiple weeks for injury their first game back, but this may be the exception since his was upper body and he's been running/cutting in the meantime.  He will likely be pretty close to a full-go, and I can't stomach having that sitting on my bench.  

When he’s back, I would be starting him. 

He’s no rookie. 

5 hours ago, tanatastic said:

* Not a Hill owner.   

5 hours ago, dog19 said:

it really depends on size and type of league....

in a standard 12 team ppr high stakes league I will hold him...although we are requried to start 1 qb 2 rb 4 wr(TE/WR combined) and a flex.....Ill probably hold...im ravaged by injuries right now.....my receving corps is TY,  mike williams, mecole, john ross(going to drop him this week likely), engram, waller, hockenson and oj howard....very thin and banged up

I think even with hill back hardman has some value....watkins could always go down....but i still think they are going to get hardman on the field...and the fact that he was exposed to alot of snaps early helps....i think hardman is gonna be the guy that has a chance to make 2-3 big plays a game on this team(maybe more some weeks)..if they hit he could put up some decent numbers...if they dont he could lay you a big dud.....hes a gamble at this point but i think worth rostering if you can hold.......watkins could tighten up or get hurt at any point....and hill and kelce are going to command a ton of attention.......once hill gets back this offense is going to be hellish(this coming from a lifelong pats fan and season ticket holder) and its going to be pick your poison....i think hardman will still have some opportunities....

Sounds like he is likely to be cleared to play today

• Like 1

In two of my leagues the Patriots D has been carrying me to the top of the League. This will be a huge boon. 

Golladay or Hill ROS schedule considered? 

17 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

In two of my leagues the Patriots D has been carrying me to the top of the League. This will be a huge boon. 

1. What is a boon

2. Hill. 

3. Thank you. 

58 minutes ago, weepaws said:

1. What is a boon

2. Hill. 

3. Thank you. 

boon
/bo͞on/
noun
  1. 1.
    a thing that is helpful or beneficial.
    "the navigation system will be a boon toboth civilian and military users"

25 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Was hoping for something a little more positive. 

It’s a 1pm game. Only positive. 

6 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

WRs (especially big-play WRs) are notoriously inconsistent, so there will be weeks in which one does better, and there will be weeks in which the other does better.  I would probably prefer to have Hill on the basis of his big days being potential game-winner days (and he will probably post a few more total fantasy points over the rest of the season than Golladay), but with either one, you're probably going to eat a couple of 3 for 39 days too.

This sucks, I really only have Chark and would have to make a decision really early that I can't take back.  

14 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

This sucks, I really only have Chark and would have to make a decision really early that I can't take back.  

They both play in 1pm ET games, so I don't know why you'd have to make a decision really early--but I'd start Hill if he suits up.

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

They both play in 1pm ET games, so I don't know why you'd have to make a decision really early--but I'd start Hill if he suits up.

If Watkins doesn’t play is Pringle his backup?

54 minutes ago, jrokh said:

If Tyreek plays I reckon Pringle is wr#4

No.  If Sammy is out.  Tyreek and Sammy have different roles.  

Feels like Tyreek and Hardman have the same role.  

5 minutes ago, Kent said:

They may have different roles, but I wouldn't count on Pringle to get more targets than hardman.

23 minutes ago, jrokh said:

They may have different roles, but I wouldn't count on Pringle to get more targets than hardman.

I’m more concerned about snaps.  If Pringle slots in for Sammy he’s the play.

Feels like Pringle runs the Watkins route tree. 

UPDATE.  Watkins declared out.  I’m starting Pringle over Hardman. I’ve got both. I can see Hardman losing a ton of snaps to Tyreek. 

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Hardman’s role is talented big-play rookie who’s not really ready to be an every down player. With Hill I think Hardman gets less snaps but ultimately his role is the same 

When the chips are down, I think you start Pringle.  You could still start Mecole, but it would be hard, man...

ESPN Has Pringle behind Watkins and Mecoke behind Hill on the depth charts.  

Hoping they all do well. I also have Mahomes. 

In warm-ups, robinson, hardman, Pringles were all catching passes.  HTH

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

In warm-ups, robinson, hardman, Pringles were all catching passes.  HTH

Is that unusual, for a team's WRs to catch passes in warm-ups?

Lol.  First play out of the gate was a bomb to tyreek that was incomplete yet encouraging.

That was amazing.  Also that was a 2 wr set and it was hill and hardman.

They Are just swapping guys in and out every other play.  There is no consistency or rhyme or reason to who is in on any given play.