zftcg

Gostkowski to IR

Per Fantasy Life app (now confirmed on Twitter)

Doesn't sound like Pats have his replacement lined up. They are apparently planning on working a few guys out.

Definitely could be worth a flier on whoever they go with. High-powered offense + easy schedule = fantasy goodness

Offense struggling of late. You figure they’ll pull it together but the problem may be significant this year — no warm bodies on the offensive line 

Offense struggles or no the issue with Gost has been the missed extra points 4 of 15. I remember a blurb that he hadn't miss 4 over several years then does it over 3 games.

Oherwise he'd still be a top5-7 kicker right now.

WTS, worth it yes to see who they bring in but eh, they're kickers... lots of other options out there including Slye, Gay, Lambo off top of my head.

I have Gould, who has been fine so far (and is now past his bye). But once the Pats sign someone, I may grab him

their best strategy would be to go for 2 after every td

Pats get Cat Scratch Fever:

The likely winner of the #Patriots’ kicking competition: Mike Nugent. Sources tell me and @RapSheet he’s expected to sign to take over for the IR’d Stephen Gostkowski. Nugent’s teams are 0-5 in the playoffs. A chance for him to taste postseason victory in his 14th season.

I picked up Lambo after missing out on Slye/Gould in FAAB wiaivers, they play Car and think should be able to move ball and get him some opportunities but next few games for Pats they could be getting up big early and then kick lots of FGs late in game, go with Nugent instead?  

Any stats/history on how these kickers do right out the gate after being signed from not pllaying?

1 hour ago, NAn said:

Any stats/history on how these kickers do right out the gate after being signed from not pllaying?

No idea, but my general theory is that no K stats are even remotely "sticky", which means you can't rely on past performance.

I would be wary of Nugent right now.  Belichick is not willing to put up with much crap and has no problem going for it on 4th down.  

Biggest concern would be that, in addition to signing Nugent to the active roster, they signed another kicker to their practice squad today.  Nugent will be on a short-leash and it could be that the two battle over the next couple of days in practice.  If Nugent fails that test, then he could be on the street very quickly.

Nuget is worth a stream and a start this weekend. 

Pretty much any analysis of Kickers is over-analysis.  If you have one that kicks in a dome for a good offense, you're as well off as anyone else.

45 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Pretty much any analysis of Kickers is over-analysis.  If you have one that kicks in a dome for a good offense, you're as well off as anyone else.

Oof another dumb post. 

Ideally you want a kicker on a good or decent offense that has trouble in the red zone.

Dome is good too.

As for Nugent, I wouldn’t be shocked if the Pats avoid field goals this weekend. You gotta get timing and all that crap down and nugent has very little opportunity to do that before Sunday 

Lol maybe he might trip and fall on the game winner. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Nuget is worth a stream and a start this weekend. 

I agree. Main thing is that there's not much downside. Like I said, I wasn't going to drop Slye for him, because he's been the K1 so far this season. But someone like Robbie Gould? Why not? Worst case is that Nugent sucks and I lose out on Gould ROS. I'll live.

Lol yeah you should be just find.