mcw317

Trade help! A. Cooper for D. Cook??

PPR League
My RBs:  Elliott, D. Johnson, Ekelar, White
MY WRs: Hopkins, Cooper, Ertz, DJ Moore, G. Tate

Other guy RBs:  Cook, D. Freeman, Henry, Coleman, McCoy
His WRs: Jones, Edelman, Callaway, Cobb

The other guy is a Cowboy fan - do you think this is a fair trade both ways??

Thanks for any help.

I think it’s more fair for the one getting D Cook. 

The only reason the other guy could have for wanting to do this trade is that it's now Week 5, when Dalvin Cook traditionally goes out for the season.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The only reason the other guy could have for wanting to do this trade is that it's now Week 5, when Dalvin Cook traditionally goes out for the season.

Truth to that, but injuries cannot be accurately predicted, although my team is a walking IR list, so if he's on my team, it's gonna happen soon LOL.  Plus if you have cook you can then stash Mattison.  He's looked solid.  

28 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Wasn't the tradition on week 4... will you be saying week 6 and so forth each week thereafter until he gets hurt....  I did have Matisson stashed,.  hopefully we get to use him someday for fantasy purposes.

I don't think thats a fair trade for the Cook owner. Cook at this point is proving he's as valuable Elliot at this point and better than Kamara W/O Brees at QB or David Johnson

In Week 3 redraft leagues Cook went in the top 3.

JMHO

Of course this is coming from the guy that has Cook and Cooper on the same team :P

19 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You've said this in EVERY Cook thread posted on this message board since the end of August.  Will you be saying it every week???  Geez, get over the fact you were wrong.  You're just making an arse out of yourself every single week. 

If the owner would do this deal, I'd do the deal in a minute. 

Interesting because the elf person also posted how he can’t predict injury’s or when they will take place. 

What a hypocrite. 

Hey thanks. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Interesting because the elf person also posted how he can’t predict injury’s or when they will take place. 

What a hypocrite. 

Hey thanks. 

He's made hypocritical statements since joining this site.  People are noticing though.  lol   At first, McLaurin wasn't worth drafting.  Now he's seemingly untradeable.  Dalvin Cook goes down in Week 1, 2, 3, 4, and now 5.  How long until he admits he made a mistake?  Never is my guess. 

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What a hypocrite. 

Even Axe Elf can't predict injuries, but that's not the same as considering a player's injury history whenever applicable--which Axe Elf can and will do.

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He's made hypocritical statements since joining this site.

Only in your vivid imagination, clouded by faulty cognitions and the inability to distinguish fantasy from reality.

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

People are noticing though.

Name one, outside of those in your own little world.

No?  I thought not...

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

At first, McLaurin wasn't worth drafting.  Now he's seemingly untradeable.

Axe Elf's position on this matter has never changed, so it cannot be hypocritical.  Terry McLaurin should not have been drafted.  If someone wanted to take a late-round flier on him, fine--but he was not a player who should have been rostered in every league before the season began.  After the games started, then McLaurin was a player who should have been picked up from waivers in every league--but he was never a player who should have been drafted.  Now McLaurin has value that should be considered when trading for him or trading him away.

Nothing hypocritical about that.

On 10/2/2019 at 11:03 PM, AxeElf said:

He’s been in the league two seasons. He went down in week 4 in his first season. Don’t seem to remember him going down last season? “Traditionally” he goes down... he’s had one season with an unfortunate injury and another season to recover. 

OP, he’s the focal point of a Vikings team that’s intent on running the ball. Cooper is the top receiver on a team whose identity is also to run the ball primarily. Do the trade, ignore the idiocy. 

I had a guy in my league who's been pestering me about Cook since our draft.  Today, he offered me Gallman, AJ Green, and Sanu (or Marvin Jones).  I do have Barkley, but he outbid me for Gallman (1/2 his waiver budget for the year).  Ridiculous.  Gallman will be back on the bench after this week, and Cook will run for over 1,500 yards and double digit TD's this year.

14 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

I had a guy in my league who's been pestering me about Cook since our draft.  Today, he offered me Gallman, AJ Green, and Sanu (or Marvin Jones).  I do have Barkley, but he outbid me for Gallman (1/2 his waiver budget for the year).  Ridiculous.  Gallman will be back on the bench after this week, and Cook will run for over 1,500 yards and double digit TD's this year.

Not that I would do the trade (I wouldn't), but I think it's a little optimistic to think that Barkley will be back next week.

And of course we all know that this is Week 5, when Cook traditionally goes out for the season...

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2019 at 7:20 PM, AxeElf said:

Not that I would do the trade (I wouldn't), but I think it's a little optimistic to think that Barkley will be back next week.

And of course we all know that this is Week 5, when Cook traditionally goes out for the season...

You said that for Week 4.  As for Barkley, I fully expect him to play in Week 6 when the Giants play New England on Thursday night.

2 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

As for Barkley, I fully expect him to play in Week 6 when the Giants play New England on Thursday night.

The you are fully setting yourself up for a full disappointment.