Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Diontae Johnson

Anyone feel like he’s the next Chark?  Meaning a WR that connects with the backup QB and has 2 good games and nobody really believes it, then when he has a good 3rd game people wake up?  I can see that 3rd good game coming this week vs BAL. His remaining schedule is great too. 

I’m in after last week, with Golladay on bye this week.

If you had told me 6 weeks ago that after Evans & Golladay, my WR3-6 would be T.Williams, Chark, McLaurin & Johnson, I would either said you’re nuts, or I’m 0-4 instead of 3-1.

The luck of ff football. 

I think the OP has a great point, but then after that third straight game how many times have we picked that player up only to then place him on the bench and then maybe even release him a few weeks later. 

I just don’t think there will be a lot of consistency to start him. 

But like I said on another tread, I know nothing. 

Thanks for this post. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

The luck of ff football. 

I think the OP has a great point, but then after that third straight game how many times have we picked that player up only to then place him on the bench and then maybe even release him a few weeks later. 

I just don’t think there will be a lot of consistency to start him. 

But like I said on another tread, I know nothing. 

Thanks for this post. 

Im pretty sure he is leading the team in targets. Those of us who knew his talent aren't very surprised. If Juju keeps taking top coverage, I believe Diontae will be flex worthy most of the year. 

Added for free, and starting in one of my leagues with confidence. I will mouth love everyone on this board if he doesn’t exceed his 7.69 projected by Yahoo this week.

Bets? TeeHee

35 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Added for free, and starting in one of my leagues with confidence. I will mouth love everyone on this board if he doesn’t exceed his 7.69 projected by Yahoo this week.

Bets? TeeHee

Pics or it didn’t happen

Tried to get him but no luck. Somebody’s gotta be viable in Pitt and it ain’t looking like JuJu :(

hes available in my league - he a better option than Deebo?.. 

Deebo has already had a bye week, which is nice..

I would rather have Debo. 

17 minutes ago, [echo] said:

Deebo has already had a bye week, which is nice..

I’d give Diontae the nod. Less of a traffic jam at the position for him and he leads his team in targets

1 hour ago, [echo] said:

Neither one really meets my threshold criteria for rosterability yet--though I would say that Johnson is probably closer.

1 hour ago, dog19 said:

I picked up Diontae and dropped Mecole Hardman with confidence.

I agree with the move, but not the "with confidence".  Dionte is talented, but he's gotten 2 TD's on absolutely blown coverages both times.  If he makes it a 3rd, well maybe that's a "trend" and I'll start to believe.  But this offense it bad, JuJu is a "squeaky wheel" (he's getting grease soon, even though he's not "squeaking") and they only take 2-3 shots downfield per game with Rudolph behind center.  If you watch the games, the only assets to own are Conner/Samuels and I would imagine either McDonald (when he returns) or Vannett.  ADOT is 3 yrds downfield and Tomlin has stated he would rather run 50 plays instead of 70 with the young QB back there.  This is a ball control offense from here on out and WR's are going to suffer.  

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Neither one really meets my threshold criteria for rosterability yet--though I would say that Johnson is probably closer.

Well that’s pretty dumb because by the time he meets your supposed criteria you are never going to get him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Well that’s pretty dumb because by the time he meets your supposed criteria you are never going to get him. 

But if he never meets the criteria for rosterability, then I will not have needlessly dropped a contributing player.

5 hours ago, dog19 said:

I picked up Diontae and dropped Mecole Hardman with confidence.

With confidence is a bit aggressive. And it’s less to do w dionte and more to do w mecole

I like Gallup more in a ppr

1 hour ago, SexyRexy said:

Dionte or Gallup in a ppr (assuming Gallup plays) this week?

Giddyup Gallup.

3 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

If Gallup is 100% I'll pick him. From what I've read he may be limited or on a snap count. 

I’m gonna go Diontae because:

1) Gallup is my only option at 425 and if he’s inactive I am screwed

2) if he is active no idea what his snap share will be this week

3) I like dionataes recent target share and matchup enough to go just that route

on the whole tho I have Gallup over Diontae and plan to rotate Gallup w Marvin Jones based on matchups 

4 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

I’m gonna go Diontae because:

1) Gallup is my only option at 425 and if he’s inactive I am screwed

2) if he is active no idea what his snap share will be this week

3) I like dionataes recent target share and matchup enough to go just that route

on the whole tho I have Gallup over Diontae and plan to rotate Gallup w Marvin Jones based on matchups 

Agreed. You gave a more detailed and expanded list of what I was hinting at. 

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Giddyup Gallup.

Looks like Juju is questionable but expected to play, though he was held out of practice Wednesday and Thursday.  If he's limited, that might tilt the scales in Diontae's favor.

I'm not too worried about Gallup being inactive, barring a major setback, but he could also be a bit limited in his first action.

So do what you want, but just be prepared to face the Unbending First Law of Fantasy Football--no matter who you start, it will be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gallup is the pick. 

Gallup would be a obvious pickup talent wise, but maybe not the best start this week, indications are he will be limited to a snap count, besides Cowboys will rush heavy against Green Bay who has yet to stop a RB from posting huge offensive stats, expect a big dose of Elliot ….A player who might help you from the waiver wire is in this game, and its not Gallup.....Geronimo Allison could play a major roll in targets and possibly another TD { already-2} without Adams in the lineup, ..Packers likely will be chasing points, I expect Rodgers to post over 250 yards, with Allison receiving 60-90 yds. and another TD....

I wouldn't be so quick to say Gallup is more talented. Diontae is just a rookie, but he has flashed some serious potential. 

6 hours ago, xxxdog said:

Gallup would be a obvious pickup talent wise, but maybe not the best start this week, indications are he will be limited to a snap count, besides Cowboys will rush heavy against Green Bay who has yet to stop a RB from posting huge offensive stats, expect a big dose of Elliot ….A player who might help you from the waiver wire is in this game, and its not Gallup.....Geronimo Allison could play a major roll in targets and possibly another TD { already-2} without Adams in the lineup, ..Packers likely will be chasing points, I expect Rodgers to post over 250 yards, with Allison receiving 60-90 yds. and another TD....

Gallup shouldn’t be on waiver wires to begin with 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I wouldn't be so quick to say Gallup is more talented. Diontae is just a rookie, but he has flashed some serious potential. 

I think Diontae is more talented. Gallup is more ready to produce. Next year Diontae will be a great pick and even this year he will produce but on the whole Gallup > right now

I don’t know if I agree with that. 

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

So you might agree with it? 

Yeah I might, Im not so sure which one is the better over all talent. 

So that’s why my response was what it was. 

So I might not agree that Gallup is better talent over Johnson or if it’s the other why, not even sure if you know what is fact when it comes to this issue. 

I don’t know if anyone does or ever will know, could just come down to who has the better opportunities.  

Thanks for the reply.  

So I still don’t know if I agree with one is better then the other, but it’s something else to chat about on this ff site. 

12 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Looks like it’s about the same for you also, that’s a response from some one thats truly on the fence of knowing what is true. 

Good luck this weekend, you’re need it. 

Would u guys cut bait with Johnson to handcuff cook in a 13 spot ppr? Took a free flier on him but am not starting him this week- don’t know if it’s worth it to keep him. 

12 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Would u guys cut bait with Johnson to handcuff cook in a 13 spot ppr? Took a free flier on him but am not starting him this week- don’t know if it’s worth it to keep him. 

It depends on depth. If you are loaded at wr, probably handcuff Cook because Mattison would step right in and be close to a rb1. If your receivers are iffy, stick with Johnson

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

It depends on depth. If you are loaded at wr, probably handcuff Cook because Mattison would step right in and be close to a rb1. If your receivers are iffy, stick with Johnson

At wr I got adams, cooks, dem Robinson, Robbie Anderson, Johnson and audin Tate. Rb are cook, carson, white and Hyde. 

17 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Yes, because this is Week 5, when Cook traditionally goes down for the season.

5 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

At wr I got adams, cooks, dem Robinson, Robbie Anderson, Johnson and audin Tate. Rb are cook, carson, white and Hyde. 

I would stick with Johnson. Adams with turd toe and Cooks concussed. This isn't Cooks first concussion. Probably his third or so.