Sign in to follow this  
NPNG

Any 0-4 teams out there?

I commission a 14 team league where I am usually at or near the top of the standings.  This year, however, I stand at 0-4 and the 2nd lowest scoring team in the league.  This is what my team looks like:

QB     J. Allen     M. Rudolph

RB     Zeke     D. Montgomery     D. Singletary    F. Gore     D. Thompson (KC)

WR     Hopkins     M. Brown     DJ Moore     M. Williams     C. Beasley      A. Tate

TE     D. Waller     C. Herndon

Def     Houston

Doesn't look bad for a 14-teamer.  Some guys underproducing.  What does your 0-4 look like?

Was excited when I drafted this team. Not sure what happened, bad management I guess!

Wentz

Brissett          

Connor
Mixon
Johnson,Det
Williams,Darrel
Singletary
Guice

Cooper
Williams,LAC
Robinson
Gordon
Watkins
DK Metcalf
Williams, Miami  
Johnson,K., Ariz
Allison
Hurd-IR all year

Dissly

Tucker

Dallas

Long-time family league that I have consistently dominated (won as recently as two years ago, and there have only been 3/13 years where I didn't at least make the semis).

This year has been a disaster from the start. Took DJ 7th, which has worked out OK, but then went Antonio Brown/Sony Michel in the next two rounds. Drafted Cam as my only QB, and in a 14-teamer where a lot of teams drafted backups, have been scrambling ever since (and this is in a league heavily weighted toward QBs -- 0.25/completion and 6pt passing TDs)

My roster isn't terrible but there are no guys on there who are going to single-handedly win me my week, much less my league. Sat Watkins in Week 1 (which made sense) and have played him every week since (which also made sense).

Also hasn't helped that my opponents have averaged more than 135/game against me, which is 15ppg more than any other team's opponents. If my collective opponents were a single team, it would be laying waste to the league

The only good news is that this league has open waivers and I've salvaged many a previous season with key pickups. Hoping for a Lindsey/Chubb type of player to fall into my lap. Also, eight-team playoff, so if I can right the ship and claw back to respectability, I can give myself an opportunity to get hot at the right time.

Current roster:

QB: Jones, Minshew

RB: DJohnson, Michel, Singletary, Samuels

WR: Cooks, Watkins, Samuel, JBrown, Jeffrey

TE: Andrews

1-7 this year. I won the title last year, and 3 of the past 5, but this year I'm just trying to not get last. 

QB: Rivers, Brisset

RB: Mixon, Fournette, Breida, L. Murray, Bernard

WR: Adams, Gordon, Fuller, Gallop, Allison

TE: Ertz

46 minutes ago, NPNG said:

D. Singleton

Who?

Buying the Montgomery/Thompson hype at RB definitely hurt you.

Hopkins' slow start hasn't helped either.

22 minutes ago, robb said:

Was excited when I drafted this team. 

Everybody loves the team they drafted... until the games start.

13 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Also hasn't helped that my opponents have averaged more than 135/game against me, which is 15ppg more than any other team's opponents.

You need to work on your defense.  :)

I don't have any 0-4 teams (I'm Axe Elf, after all), but I do have two 1-3 teams out of my fifteen managed leagues.  In one of them, a 14-teamer like yours, I have the 4th-most points scored, but I'm 6.1 points away from having the most points scored against me, so I'm kind of hoping that team will come around as the season progresses.

The other 1-3 team kind of deserves to be 1-3; I was dumb enough to take Davante Adams and Joe Mixon instead of Greg Zuerlein and the Bears DST.

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The other 1-3 team kind of deserves to be 1-3; I was dumb enough to take Davante Adams and Joe Mixon instead of Greg Zuerlein and the Bears DST.

Oh man what an idiot.....see my roster above 

Worst team is 1-3. QB Goff, WR JuJu, RB Freeman and TE Cooks are the worst picks of the lot. 

Been a TE shitshow all year. Starting Eifert this week with Ben Watson on the bench. I also picked up Hunter Henry to put on the IR spot in desparation. 

J Cook has been a big disappointment, and he was awful when Brees was playing. 

Ok I'll play this game... 2qb superflex... league winner 2/3 past years and took 2nd that other year.... most points scored against by over 100 and outscored by 191 points to start the year...
I fully expect to still make the playoffs 

Watson
Jameis
Chubby
Damien W
D.Montgomery
Breida
Tyreke
Godwin
Ridley
Demarcus and Mecole
Waller

0-4 but only 2 games back.... will make the $ 

Good luck all....

Well, I'm 1-3 in a league in which I thought I had the best team. 12 teams; PPW. 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLEX:

QB: Rodgers/Stafford

RB: Chubb/AJones/Gordon/Mattison/Gallman

WR: Julio/ARobinson/Marvin/Deebo

TE: Ertz/Hockenson

D/ST: Packers/49ers

K: Zeuerlein

:dunno:

1 hour ago, IMMensaMind said:

Well, I'm 1-3 in a league in which I thought I had the best team.

Everybody thinks they have the best team...  until the games start.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I'm 1-3 in a 12 man league where AxeElf accused me of drafting with chimps...😉

4 minutes ago, rallo said:

I'm 1-3 in a 12 man league where AxeElf accused me of drafting with chimps...😉

It's one thing to draft with chimps; it's quite another to be LOSING to chimps!

keep 4, and I am ohh and four

Hopkins, OBJ, Zeke, Gordon.

Thought that I had built a good base...until the games started.

22 hours ago, AxeElf said:

No, they most certainly don't.

I have drafted many times where I knew I didn't have the best team.

And so did you.

1 hour ago, IMMensaMind said:

No, they most certainly don't.

I have drafted many times where I knew I didn't have the best team.

And so did you.

If I ever felt that I didn't have the best team after the draft, then I was soon proven wrong.

You can be 1-3 and still have the best team. Scoring is the only metric that matters because you can’t control wether your opponent outscores you. Sort your league by PF, that’s who the best teams are. I won a game this year scoring 89 and lost scoring 150.

• Like 1

Would agree, total points is the stat that truly shows who owns the better team. 

Once again the league im in does use both, h to h and total points. 

Total points is for the entire season. 

0 and 4??? On this forearm?????

You're crazy! We're ALL champions here!

Where should I start? In my division (I say that because all my games have been in division) my opponents have scored 686 points against me, 127 more than the next team "behind" me-that's an average of 171 points a game. ALSO in my division I have scored 559 points (average of 139 a game), I'm high scorer in my division. I'm not 0-4 but I'm 1-3.................sitting real pretty and extremely happy (sic) about it.........................weepaws, can you say a prayer for me? Anything? Just kidding, I know it can always be worse. Good luck this week guys.

You know I’ll pray for you , I hope you win this week. 

Good luck. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

weepaws, can you say a prayer for me? Anything?

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

You know I’ll pray for you , I hope you win this week. 

I've always wondered how God answers the prayers of people praying for their favorite teams to win--is it just a straight tally...?

"Well, that's 411,392 prayers for Chicago and 651,112 prayers for Minnesota, I guess it's SKOL this week..."

Or are the prayers weighted by the righteousness of the petitioners in some way--like each prayer for the Saints could be worth 1.5 times each prayer for their opponents...?

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I've always wondered how God answers the prayers of people praying for their favorite teams to win--is it just a straight tally...?

"Well, that's 411,392 prayers for Chicago and 651,112 prayers for Minnesota, I guess it's SKOL this week..."

Or are the prayers weighted by the righteousness of the petitioners in some way--like each prayer for the Saints could be worth 1.5 times each prayer for their opponents...?

HAHA too much! Never would have thought that way about it! Last night on news I saw where 2 Portland HS teams played, Jesuit (private Catholic) and Central Catholic (public school)-a rivalry game, they refer to it as the Holy War.

I think that’s a very good question, don’t know how God answers the prayers from people for their favorite team, I really don’t not think he cares, but he loves the people. 

But I know I was asked from someone to pray for them, and I did pray for them, but as  for those praying for a team to succeed, I don’t know if God really does acknowledge those prayers your not, it doesn’t talk about football teams in the Bible. 

But great question and a great post.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I think that’s a very good question, don’t know how God answers the prayers from people for their favorite team, I really don’t not think he cares, but he loves the people. 

It seems like He's kind of painted Himself into a corner when He says things like, "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.--John 14:13-14 (NIV)

If you have fans of opposing teams both asking for a win in Jesus' name, He's going to break His promise to one of them.

Context. 

Who said it?

Who was it said to?

What did it mean to the original listeners? 

How does it apply to us, if at all?  

Im not allowed to talk about non ff issues on this site, I’ve been warned, I’ll heed to that warning, if you would like for me to teach you more about this, I will gladly do so, just drop me your email. 

Hey good luck tomorrow with those 20 ff teams. 

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Context. 

Who said it?

Who was it said to?

What did it mean to the original listeners? 

How does it apply to us, if at all?  

Im not allowed to talk about non ff issues on this site, I’ve been warned, I’ll heed to that warning, if you would like for me to teach you more about this, I will gladly do so, just drop me your email. 

Hey good luck tomorrow with those 20 ff teams. 

Whenever anyone says, "This is what the Bible says," all they can really mean is, "This is what I THINK the Bible says."  No, I'm not interested in you teaching me more about what you think the Bible says, and you're right, we should stick to football.

The effect of praying about the outcome of football games is something I've thought about a lot, though.

Of 5 teams, one is 0-4 10 team 0.5pt ppr

A combination of wrong starts and 500+ pts against

QB: (was Brees, Ben) Now Winston, Allen, Brees in IR slot

RB:  Ingram, Gurley, McCoy, Malcolm Brown

WR:  Hopkins, Schuster, Edelman, Sanders, AJ Green

TE:  revolving carousel picking up Graham this week

K:  Bryant

Def:  Pitt

Yep. 0-4 in my big money league

Brees, Mayfield

Kamara, J Jacobs, K Johnson, ADP

JuJu, Woods, Landry, Allison, Cobb

Olsen

Butker

Texans

Brees injury hurt Kamara,  Big Ben injury hurt JuJu

Head to head, I’ve played the tops scoring team 3 weeks in a row. 

FF is 90% luck. 

Yes, in an 8 team dynasty league and my team has hit bottom after players have aged out from back to back championships not too long ago

QB- Goff, K Murray

RB- Zeke, Gore, a bunch of garbage

WR- Robert Woods, Golladay, Lockett, Amari Cooper

TE- Hooper

D- Jags

K- Lutz

I have some other players on the bench but trust me, they're not worth typing