Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Barkley back this week?

Recommended Posts

  Shurmur says it's possible Barkley plays this week. I hope they aren't rushing him too much, high ankle sprains linger kinda like hamstrings do, seems like they usually take longer than 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the concern I had when he first had the injury. 

In most most cases you see a player return from this type of injury to soon.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I have Gallman, so I hope Barkley plays this week (and tweaks that ankle even more).  :o

I have both and would prefer Barkley not play so I don’t have to decide whether to play him over Gallman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probly just coachspeak to make sure the Vikings don't just gameplan against Daniel Jones only.

I can't imagine Barkley being back THAT quickly from an injury that should take 6-8 weeks to recover (and was being reported as being in the long end of that timeframe).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they keep Barkley out this week.  He's more important to them long-term than a game vs. the Vikings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. 

Hes not playing this week, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him return their next game. 

And again it might be to soon, high ankle problems is a issue take takes time to heal. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep I'm short a RB this week but hope they keep Barkley out, gonna have to hope that Singletary gets back on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Agreed. 

Hes not playing this week, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him return their next game. 

And again it might be to soon, high ankle problems is a issue take takes time to heal. 

 

I'd be very surprised if he plays this week.

its probably a ploy to try to make the other team plan for his presence to some degree thereby making the game plan without him slightly more effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I have Gallman, so I hope Barkley plays this week (and tweaks that ankle even more).  :o

Real nice. Still smarting from those Super Bowls? Let it go man. You cant ever get them back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, weepaws said:

This is the concern I had when he first had the injury. 

In most most cases you see a player return from this type of injury to soon.  

 

Obviously I don't play professional sports, but I've had a ton of ankle injuries from my basketball days.  One good thing about sprained ankle injuries is that as long as you can handle the pain, there isn't much risk in aggregating them... Unless you were just going to sprain it again anyway.

 

Hamstrings, turf toe, stuff like that you don't want to come back early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that info, I appreciate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't really see him playing this week OR next week at all.  I mean, if the Giants were smart about this but we've seen coaches before rushing their players back and running them for good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was the coach I also wouldn't rule out my best player even if I knew he was not going to play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were the coach, I would put Eli's HOF hands on Barkley's ankles and leech the pain away from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Real nice. Still smarting from those Super Bowls? Let it go man. You cant ever get them back.  

Reading not your strong suit, Pops? I said I have Gallman. Has nothing to do with the Giants. Get some new material. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Reading not your strong suit, Pops? I said I have Gallman. Has nothing to do with the Giants. Get some new material. :lol:

I know. And you're rooting outright for an injury. Are you denying that? You miss the "real nice" part? Boston insecure rabbit ears strike again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know. And you're rooting outright for an injury. Are you denying that? You miss the "real nice" part? Boston insecure rabbit ears strike again. 

You need to get laid.  I was joking and not wishing for a real injury.  

BTW - Barkley ruled out for Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You need to get laid.  I was joking and not wishing for a real injury.  

BTW - Barkley ruled out for Sunday.

Thanks for the update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Looks like its going to be the Jon Hilliman Patriots Defense show in Week 6... 

Proofread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×