Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Barkley back this week?

Shurmur says it's possible Barkley plays this week. I hope they aren't rushing him too much, high ankle sprains linger kinda like hamstrings do, seems like they usually take longer than 2 weeks.

This is the concern I had when he first had the injury. 

In most most cases you see a player return from this type of injury to soon.  

51 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I have Gallman, so I hope Barkley plays this week (and tweaks that ankle even more).  :o

I have both and would prefer Barkley not play so I don’t have to decide whether to play him over Gallman.

Probly just coachspeak to make sure the Vikings don't just gameplan against Daniel Jones only.

I can't imagine Barkley being back THAT quickly from an injury that should take 6-8 weeks to recover (and was being reported as being in the long end of that timeframe).

• Thanks 1

I think they keep Barkley out this week.  He's more important to them long-term than a game vs. the Vikings. 

Agreed. 

Hes not playing this week, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him return their next game. 

And again it might be to soon, high ankle problems is a issue take takes time to heal. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Agreed. 

Hes not playing this week, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him return their next game. 

And again it might be to soon, high ankle problems is a issue take takes time to heal. 

I'd be very surprised if he plays this week.

its probably a ploy to try to make the other team plan for his presence to some degree thereby making the game plan without him slightly more effective.

4 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I have Gallman, so I hope Barkley plays this week (and tweaks that ankle even more).  :o

Real nice. Still smarting from those Super Bowls? Let it go man. You cant ever get them back.  

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

This is the concern I had when he first had the injury. 

In most most cases you see a player return from this type of injury to soon.  

Obviously I don't play professional sports, but I've had a ton of ankle injuries from my basketball days.  One good thing about sprained ankle injuries is that as long as you can handle the pain, there isn't much risk in aggregating them... Unless you were just going to sprain it again anyway.

Hamstrings, turf toe, stuff like that you don't want to come back early.

Thanks for that info, I appreciate it. 

Yeah, I don't really see him playing this week OR next week at all.  I mean, if the Giants were smart about this but we've seen coaches before rushing their players back and running them for good.

If I were the coach, I would put Eli's HOF hands on Barkley's ankles and leech the pain away from him.

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Real nice. Still smarting from those Super Bowls? Let it go man. You cant ever get them back.  

Reading not your strong suit, Pops? I said I have Gallman. Has nothing to do with the Giants. Get some new material. :lol:

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Reading not your strong suit, Pops? I said I have Gallman. Has nothing to do with the Giants. Get some new material. :lol:

I know. And you're rooting outright for an injury. Are you denying that? You miss the "real nice" part? Boston insecure rabbit ears strike again. 

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know. And you're rooting outright for an injury. Are you denying that? You miss the "real nice" part? Boston insecure rabbit ears strike again. 

You need to get laid.  I was joking and not wishing for a real injury.  

BTW - Barkley ruled out for Sunday.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You need to get laid.  I was joking and not wishing for a real injury.  

BTW - Barkley ruled out for Sunday.

Thanks for the update. 

4 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Looks like its going to be the Jon Hilliman Patriots Defense show in Week 6... 

Proofread.