Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

Gurley owners, should u be worried tonight?

Short week with that mystery injury, should u guys be worried that Gurley might only play for a little bit or or even sit out this game tonight?? 

I don’t think there is any injury and he’s healthy. I don’t see why he wouldn’t get a normal games worth of play. They barely ran the ball last week at all, that’s why he only got 5 carries. He still had 7rec which was great. He has a great recent history vs Seahawks but that isnt very relevant right now.

I don’t think there should be. 

I think now is the time to trade Gurley. The 4 TDs in the last two weeks have taken some of the stink off the low yardage totals and we might actually be able to get something for him.

Who would you target for Gurley? 

honestly.. i am hesitant to to trade him now.

1. he is getting 14-16 touches a game (except for one outlier game) This was the expectation going in to the season

2. he has scored 4 times in the last 2 weeks - he is getting more goal line touches instead of Brown

3. he seems to be game script proof due to TDs

4. the only trade i would consider is a high end WR or RB.

eh he's faced a couple of tough run defenses in tampa and seattle.  I'm not worried about the low yardage...maybe the O-line a bit.  he's catching passes and getting GL work in a high powered offense with suddenly a leaky defense.  He looks healthy now...and fwiw, atlanta and cincy are coming up.  I'd ride this out unless someone throws something absurd at you. 

If you really want to though I'm guessing you could perhaps get a panicked Hopkins, OBJ, or Adams owner to bite.  Perhaps if you think Barkley really is coming back soon you might get him.  DJ is another possibility.  I wouldn't settle for much less than 1st round type guys. 

I was just offered Gurley for Shady and Royce Freeman in our auction league and took it right away. I have McCaffrey and Conner and was just going to use those other 2 for bye week fill ins or if Conner completely falls off like he has before last week so I took it and can now use Gurley as Conner's replacement if needed, or as a flex. I still have Ronald Jones, Penny and Murray if needed, but Murray looks as useless as can be at this point.  

Gurley 15 carries, Brown 1 carry. That’s all you need to see. He’s been great so far and the reason it appears down is because Goff can’t complete passes and extend drives. If he converts a few 3rd downs last night, Todd another handful of carries. They are letting him play, giving it to him at the goal line and arent avoiding him in the pass game. That’s all you need to worry about, the rest is on Goff.

I have watched 3 games so far.

I really think there are some 150 combo yard weeks coming mid-late season.

In my auction we paid 34 dollars for him and that’s the production we are getting out of him. 

If he can have 2 or 3 top 5  RB fantasy weeks that will determine if he was a bargain.

If I could do it overI probably would had bid a little more on  Ingram. He went for 31.

But glad I did not go land Mixon.

I wanted 3 of

Gurley

Chubb

Mixon

Ingram

I only ended up with 1

9 hours ago, GoBucky1 said:

I was just offered Gurley for Shady and Royce Freeman in our auction league and took it right away. I have McCaffrey and Conner and was just going to use those other 2 for bye week fill ins or if Conner completely falls off like he has before last week so I took it and can now use Gurley as Conner's replacement if needed, or as a flex. I still have Ronald Jones, Penny and Murray if needed, but Murray looks as useless as can be at this point.  

Wow congrats. 

I have Gurley, Brown and Henderson on the block for a player and a 2020 First in a 12 team ppr dyno. 

So far no bites.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:08 AM, weepaws said:

Who would you target for Gurley? 

I am really not sure. I kept Gurley, Conner, and Chubb, and didn't really do a great job drafting running backs (Latavius Murray and Tevin Coleman) so I'd probably need to get a running back in return for him. Perhaps I could swing a deal for Gurley and a WR for Carson and a WR?

Admittedly if I'm trading Gurley I would likely require the other manager to like Gurley more than me, otherwise I'd just hold Gurley and hope for the best. But if someone's going to give me a decent offer, I would consider trading him.

5 minutes ago, Ehlana said:

I am really not sure. I kept Gurley, Conner, and Chubb, and didn't really do a great job drafting running backs (Latavius Murray and Tevin Coleman) so I'd probably need to get a running back in return for him. Perhaps I could swing a deal for Gurley and a WR for Carson and a WR?

Admittedly if I'm trading Gurley I would likely require the other manager to like Gurley more than me, otherwise I'd just hold Gurley and hope for the best. But if someone's going to give me a decent offer, I would consider trading him.

Great return thanks.  

Just wondering about his value Incase it comes up. 

The Gurley owner in my league hasn’t sent out any fillers to see how much they can get for him. 

But let me ask this question, do you shop him, or would you just sit and wait for a offer to come to you? 

Mmm make since?  

Im asking that because I’m just interstitnnof seeing how low I  might be able to get Gurley, but I don’t want go to low.  

Of course I’m looking to as cheap as a can. 

Good luck this weekend.  

Really do appreciate it. 

I think you kind of have to shop him if you're looking to trade him. I'm not sure about other leagues, but in my if you wait for someone to offer you a trade you're going to be waiting a long time. You have to go out there and try and find your deals.

In my case, I'm not looking to sell Gurley low, I just don't have the bench players to make that a reasonable idea. If I sell him low I'm just shooting myself in the foot. So I think if you're looking to buy low it really depends on the manager that has Gurley. If he's got 2 or 3 other good RBs, you might be able to get something down. But if trading Gurley leaves a giant hole in his roster like it would for me, you're probably not getting him cheap.

I would agree, and so far that owner isn’t shopping him, and my it’s a 14 team redraft so I’m sure they would want a very good and expensive return. 

Hey thanks a lot that was a fun chat with you, good luck. 

On 10/5/2019 at 8:54 AM, Kopy said:

I have Gurley, Brown and Henderson on the block for a player and a 2020 First in a 12 team ppr dyno. 

So far no bites.

So far 1 offer. Chris Thompson, Adrian Pederson and a first (most likely towards the bottom)

Second offer today.

Rams backfield for Matt Brieda, Rashaad Penny and a first (definitely late, guaranteed playoff favorite)

Todd Gurley is OUT tomorrow against the 49ers, per a Rams spokesperson.

Person that owns Gurley I my league has just texted that they want to sale. 

Consumated a trade Friday before he was ruled out.  Gurley and John Brown  for Robert Woods Devin Singletary and David MOntgomery.  As a hugs ram fan was painful but betting on the rooks volume and woods to break out soon