Sign in to follow this  
jpcdds

Gardner Minshew

Curious... what is he getting in return in trades?  in keeper leagues?

5 lbs of mustache wax.

QBs are a dime a dozen, and not worth anything in trades.

Backup QBs in keeper leagues, even less.

I’m currently trying to get my league taco to drop Kirk Cousins who he loves to start despite being unstartable, for Minshew. He needs to beat his opponent this week and I don’t sit idle and watch guys get free wins.

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

I’m currently trying to get my league taco to drop Kirk Cousins

Is that because it's National Taco Day?

Axually, though, if there was ever a week to start Cousins, it's this week, with two squeaky receivers and a matchup against the Giants' secondary.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

5 lbs of mustache wax.

QBs are a dime a dozen in certain leagues, but in leagues where PPR counts for QBs he could be a big factor. Kinda reminds me of when Kurt Warner got his chance to play.

5 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

QBs are a dime a dozen in certain leagues, but in leagues where PPR counts for QBs he could be a big factor.

Do QBs get a lot of receptions in those leagues?

Maybe you're talking about point-per-completion leagues, where certain QBs could gain more of a value advantage.  QBs are worth more in superflex and large leagues, too--but without specifying extraordinary circumstances in the OP, the question should be answered in regards to typical leagues--where QBs like Minshew are a dime a dozen.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Do QBs get a lot of receptions in those leagues?

Maybe you're talking about point-per-completion leagues, where certain QBs could gain more of a value advantage.  QBs are worth more in superflex and large leagues, too--but without specifying extraordinary circumstances in the OP, the question should be answered in regards to typical leagues--where QBs like Minshew are a dime a dozen.

Okay I guess I don't play in a "typical league", sorry. Our league QB's, RB's, WR's, TE's are compensated for pass completions-1 point for every one throw or caught. I was always taught that is what PPR meant..........................................good luck to you this week, whatever is bothering you, I hope it passes.

3 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Okay I guess I don't play in a "typical league", sorry. Our league QB's, RB's, WR's, TE's are compensated for pass completions-1 point for every one throw or caught. I was always taught that is what PPR meant..........................................good luck to you this week, whatever is bothering you, I hope it passes.

Alas, very little chance of that which is bothering me passing--the world will always have its wisdom-deficient factions clamoring for Axe Elf's attention.  But I don't really mind THAT much.  As they say, "You know how dumb the average guy is, right?  By definition, half of them are even dumber than that."

Anyway, back to your lesson...

"PPR" pretty universally stands for "point-per-reception" scoring.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Alas, very little chance of that which is bothering me passing--the world will always have its wisdom-deficient factions clamoring for Axe Elf's attention.  But I don't really mind THAT much.  As they say, "You know how dumb the average guy is, right?  By definition, half of them are even dumber than that."

Anyway, back to your lesson...

"PPR" pretty universally stands for "point-per-reception" scoring.

Thank you for understanding what I meant, you confuse most "typical people" with your overhyped (only to yourself) responses on here. Now run along and have a good day! 

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

5 lbs of mustache wax.

Well... Since I’m in a 16 team 6 player keeper league and I was stuck with Andrew Luck (he retired after our keeper deadline) going into the draft (remember that means the #1 overall pick is starting with the 97th best player plus rookies), QBs are hard to come by.  

I was forced to draft Cousins way earlier than he should have been and had to waste one of my 3 roster moves for the year on K.Allen.  When each team rosters two QBs... I’m in a bit of a pickle as some would say.  

Soooo... maybe in your league he’s worth 5 lbs of mustache wax but in my league, which is probably older than hair on your balls, he is worth much more! 

Just wanted to get some value... But instead I get feedback and a thread hijacking from someone who refers to himself in the third person! So thanks keyboard hero!

• Like 1

I would try to buy cheap on him, but also be preoared for Foles to step back in when he's healthy. In my 14 team superflex I have both. I would not trade them away without a very good return coming back.

I originally had Goff, but I traded him for Foles and Penny. I liked Minshew coming out, and I know Foles injury history, so I traded Alex Barnes for Minshew. That trade saved my ass big time. Now he is worth a lot more than an UDFA who dies t have a team. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jpcdds said:

Well... Since I’m in a 16 team 6 player keeper league... QBs are hard to come by.  

16 hours ago, AxeElf said:

QBs are worth more in superflex and large leagues, too--but without specifying extraordinary circumstances in the OP, the question should be answered in regards to typical leagues--where QBs like Minshew are a dime a dozen.

Like I said, that kind of extraordinary circumstance would change the answer, but you didn't provide that information.  Naturally, when you axe the question in a vacuum, the answers are gonna suck.

Hope he hits a road block vs the Panthers def. 

On 10/4/2019 at 3:59 PM, AxeElf said:

Is that because it's National Taco Day?

Axually, though, if there was ever a week to start Cousins, it's this week, with two squeaky receivers and a matchup against the Giants' secondary.

I committed a cardinal sin. I did not consult the Elf first. 

Love this dude, what a baller.

Watching him look and pump fake DB's off is ridiculous. Shouldn't be that savvy already.

• Thanks 1