Sign in to follow this  
ric0

F.U. Week Cinco

Head to head!

I’m in 2 leagues that are still H2H only. And every week at least 1 team loses H2H bingo and eats a loss with a mountain of points while someone else wins with a far weaker week. Ie: someone loses with 150 right next to a team winning with 105.

For clarity, it annoys me even when it isn’t me that’s taking the high-point loss. It stopped making sense to me a long time ago since I view a league as it’s own universe. And it’s even more brutal in leagues where there’s a gap between the best teams and the weaker ones from week to week. So far I’ve only convinced 1 group of folks IRL to cut it out and go with something different (Ie: top half gets a win every week. The luck goes toward the middle instead of the bottom).

FU Bob Evans. Hope you choke on that F-ing bagel!  Wash it down with those F-ing crab legs that Winston jacked. Useless.  

20 minutes ago, jimaveli said:

Head to head!

I’m in 2 leagues that are still H2H only. And every week at least 1 team loses H2H bingo and eats a loss with a mountain of points while someone else wins with a far weaker week. Ie: someone loses with 150 right next to a team winning with 105.

For clarity, it annoys me even when it isn’t me that’s taking the high-point loss. It stopped making sense to me a long time ago since I view a league as it’s own universe. And it’s even more brutal in leagues where there’s a gap between the best teams and the weaker ones from week to week. So far I’ve only convinced 1 group of folks IRL to cut it out and go with something different (Ie: top half gets a win every week. The luck goes toward the middle instead of the bottom).

wut?

• Haha 1

F me for spending all that Faab money a few weeks ago on Robinson. It felt good at the time. KC just has too many weapons. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

F me for spending all that Faab money a few weeks ago on Robinson. It felt good at the time. KC just has too many weapons. 

Watkins - what a douche.  I'm done with his dumb a$$.  Dude had a prime opportunity to establish himself with Hill gone and he sh#ts the bed - AGAIN.  Dude is a grade-A poosay.

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Dude has actually been lights out this season.  This was the first game where he stunk up the joint.  I'm willing to overlook this as even the best have a few clunkers every season.

I'm guessing you missed last week when he put up almost the exact same line as today? 7 targets, 4 receptions, 52 yards. So for the last two weeks, 14 targets, 8 catches, 94 yards total. Three of five games he has been held to 52 yards or fewer.

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I'm guessing you missed last week when he put up almost the exact same line as today? 7 targets, 4 receptions, 52 yards. So for the last two weeks, 14 targets, 8 catches, 94 yards total.

I did miss that.  :(

37 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

wut?

Head to head in a season-long league doesn’t make sense. 50/50 does. It gives the wins to the best performances that week and you avoid weekly randomized injustice that can job someone out of a season if someone is unlucky enough. Ie: a team with the 3rd most points over 13 weeks misses the playoffs because of losing the week head to head lottery too many times.

7 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Tyler Kelce

FU injury bug

I’ve never observed so many weekly FUs to an offensive lineman. That’s neat. 

4 hours ago, jimaveli said:

Head to head in a season-long league doesn’t make sense. 50/50 does. It gives the wins to the best performances that week and you avoid weekly randomized injustice that can job someone out of a season if someone is unlucky enough. Ie: a team with the 3rd most points over 13 weeks misses the playoffs because of losing the week head to head lottery too many times.

Unless you live in one of the three or four states where still banned, DFS may be for you. I cannot accept an FU to an established format Week 5.

Kindly of course, FU to board members that post “FU’s” 1:03pm EST.

If you are such a P that you need to post reverse-jinx comments for a W, I hate you.

I assume that you probably earn near minimum wage, stay on 16s vs a face card, and call your mother biweekly. 

Fook You.

Ha! I just realized one of my opponents literally started Evans and Watkins as his 2 WRs. 12 team league. 

Fantasy football will make you pull your hair out.

3 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Fantasy football will make you pull your hair out.

Alternatively, I punch myself in the cook.

F U Pringle those points were supposed to go to Demarcus Robinson.

Also I played against Brady, McCaffrey, Michael Thomas, and Thielen. So f them too.

Yeah, I'm just going to reiterate...
Hopkins... great 1st round pick

Evans... WTF???

OJ ...  I can't believe I'm going to probably have to drop you..

Luckily I had Aaron Jones to make up for OJ/Hopkins...

My team with Evans... well he had Watson and CMAC, so I guess your goose egg didn't really matter, but FFS Arians

20 hours ago, boilerddd said:

Waller. No Tyrell so you're going to feast today. FU

Allen Robinson. Bears suck no matter who plays QB. 

Diggs. FU. Next time don't miss practice to get your point across. Go on a radio show and call the QB a hopeless piece of crap. That seems to be more effective.

He's actually having a pretty good year.

19 hours ago, jimaveli said:

That's a lot of bad luck.  Then again, maybe that team with the 2nd most points that made the playoffs had a lot of good luck....

On 10/6/2019 at 9:09 PM, jimaveli said:

Head to head in a season-long league doesn’t make sense. 50/50 does.

If you're going to do that, you might as well just make it a total points league and not count Wins and Losses at all.

We play breakdown. Have been since 2007. Everyone loves it and the best team wins. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We play breakdown. Have been since 2007. Everyone loves it and the best team wins. 

I would miss the weekly trash talk if we didn't play H2H.  Everyone has to deal with luck cutting both ways, and giving your buddy some sh1t when you pull a W out of your ass is one of the things that keeps it fun.

I could perhaps see doing total points if in a league with a bunch of strangers or if we're talking about a huge money league. Our buy in is only $100 so there isn't as much on the line financially. 

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

If you're going to do that, you might as well just make it a total points league and not count Wins and Losses at all.

And in total points leagues it's clear by week 6 who's going to be the top teams in the league, so the other teams just give up.  Great if you're one of the top teams, not so great if you're not.

That's why we play H2H. It allows teams that aren't necessarily strong to be able to win in any given week and keeps owners interested all season long.

One year we had a team make the playoffs at 6-8 and ended up winning it all.  That would never happen in a total points league.

6 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

And in total points leagues it's clear by week 6 who's going to be the top teams in the league, so the other teams just give up.

Same thing happens in H2H leagues, except the abandoned drone teams now become easy wins for the teams that are still engaged--starting injured players or players on byes, etc.  At least in a total points league, abandoned teams aren't skewing the results for everyone else.

7 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

That's why we play H2H. It allows teams that aren't necessarily strong to be able to win in any given week and keeps owners interested all season long.

One year we had a team make the playoffs at 6-8 and ended up winning it all.  That would never happen in a total points league.

Yeah, that's exactly why some people prefer total points leagues--because the best teams win, instead of some kinda-sorta-decent team (or in your case, a team with a losing record) that happens to bust out three lucky weeks at the end of the season.

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Same thing happens in H2H leagues, except the abandoned drone teams now become easy wins for the teams that are still engaged--starting injured players or players on byes, etc.  At least in a total points league, abandoned teams aren't skewing the results for everyone else.

Yeah, that's exactly why some people prefer total points leagues--because the best teams win, instead of some kinda-sorta-decent team (or in your case, a team with a losing record) that happens to bust out three lucky weeks at the end of the season.

We don't have any owners that abandon their roster.  We play H2H because it keeps the owners interested and motivated.  We aren't interested in the league being decided by week 6.  HTH.

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

We don't have any owners that abandon their roster.  We play H2H because it keeps the owners interested and motivated.  We aren't interested in the league being decided by week 6.  HTH.

One thing our league does to keep everyone engaged - - even teams that don't make playoffs - - is to award some cash each week for the team with the highest score.  Plus our league has been around for ~25 yrs and we don't have any douches that give up or do lame sh1t. 

50/50 doesn’t kill the weekly game part of fantasy. It kills the 160-point loss right next to a 95-point win in the same league and same week part of fantasy. And it generally makes you care about every team in the league all the time: who got dropped/added, who got started/sat, how much they scored, etcetera.

And Redzone channel is different altogether. Anytime anyone scores that’s not on your team, it could be bad for you.

One day, I think it’ll be the default once folks try it and/or it becomes more common.

6 hours ago, jimaveli said:

And Redzone channel is different altogether. Anytime anyone scores that’s not on your team, it could be bad for you.

With 15 managed leagues, that's pretty much the case anyway.  The next-best thing to seeing one of my own players score is seeing some third-string TE score who you know isn't being started against you somewhere.