Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

ADD / Perpetually Late People

We all have them in our lives and we love them. There are certainly some here.  BUT. if you are one, quit focking saying "I am on my way" or "I am walking out the door", because we all know it's a lie. Just stop it.  On time people can continue to use those sayings.

• Like 1

I am the exact opposite and have never been late for anything in my life. I tend to annoy some because I am always at least 15-20 minutes early for everything. 

I don't get annoyed by people having issues in this area, life is always moving, people who fuss over this kind of stuff are just miserable sh!ts for the most part....

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I don't get annoyed by people having issues in this area, life is always moving, people who fuss over this kind of stuff are just miserable sh!ts for the most part....

Fock that. I am always on time, usually early. People who always show up late are self absorbed pricks. 

My brother is the worst.  No kids, no wife.  He has no regard for others time.  If we plan to meet at Moms house Christmas morning at 9am, hes no earlier than 930, usually 10 or later.  He either "dozed off' or watching TV or some sh!t.

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Fock that. I am always on time, usually early. People who always show up late are self absorbed pricks. 

Same. I simply don't apply how "I" decide to live to other people.

Now....if some little b!tch wants to whine about it, their ass better NEVER be focking late.... I don't whine about it because I know sh!t happens, and I am disinclined to set myself up for the fall if I can avoid it....make sense?

Focking aszholes. The worst part is they do not care how long they make other people wait. Focking psychopaths. 

I don't like being late and my son's mother is never on time for anything. If she has to be somewhere at 3, she will walk out there door at 3 :mad:

pisses me off so much sometimes.

They think they aren't late until they are late.  Like leaving their house at 12:59 isn't late for a 1 o'clock party an hour away.  Then they immediately give the "I am on my way" text.

It’s a mentality people aquire and you can’t change it. It’s a lack of respect for others time and self absorption. It’s usually the same people who love their own voice and are waiting for you to stop talking so they can say their own thing. Me I’m 10 min early to everything and if I’m going to be late I say I’m going to be late. People say “I’m on the way” to avoid confrontation and questions about why they are late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

It’s a mentality people aquire and you can’t change it. It’s a lack of respect for others time and self absorption. It’s usually the same people who love their own voice and are waiting for you to stop talking so they can say their own thing. Me I’m 10 min early to everything and if I’m going to be late I say I’m going to be late. People say “I’m on the way” to avoid confrontation and questions about why they are late.

Are you finished yet? Ok good.  Here’s what I think....

Having worked with many black people, I can assure BPT is a real thing. To them anyway. 

I think it is one of two types:

1) described above... self absorbed

2) scattered and disorganized. They are this way in almost every aspect of their lives

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Or scatter brained.  I agree.  Wife and I make it a point to be on-time to events where punctuality is expected.  I don't understand how anyone isn't.  Unless they are self absorbed or just not very well organized...Excepting the one offs when crap happens.

Yup, those people are the worse, for all the reasons mentioned.  Get places on time or don't commit, it's that simple.

I cant say ive ever seen anyone reliably be on time for anything ever.  Ive seen plenty of people lie about it though.  In sports or any competition, one way to destroy your opponent is simply to take your time at the start, hopefuly even get the competition to start slightly early.  Ive used that tactic to just cause my opponent to melt down and then i bury them without mercy.  

I try to be at events 20-30 minutes early...  Haven't been late yet...

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Having worked with many black people, I can assure BPT is a real thing. To them anyway. 

I tend to be late. :(

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I tend to be late. :(

When I was young and cocky I was often late or just on time. Then I grew up. The easier thing you'll do all day and have the most control over is to be on time.  I can assure you that people notice and don't like it. But we live in a world where people won't point out poor behavior. 

• Thanks 1

My mother in law is late for everything. She watches one of our kids twice per week and she is late probably 75% of the time, which means my wife is late for work. My wife's job is very laid back about schedules, so it doesnt really matter but it is still crappy. If she is babysitting and we need to be somewhere at a certain time, we will tell her we need to be out the door 30 mins before we actualy have to just to be safe. Cant really complain because shes doing us a favor, but it still drives me crazy.

19 hours ago, RLLD said:

Now....if some little b!tch wants to whine about it, their ass better NEVER be focking late.... I don't whine about it because I know sh!t happens, and I am disinclined to set myself up for the fall if I can avoid it....make sense?

Sure. From time to time, sh!t happens. There is a wreck on the interstate. You have a flat. Whatever.

But there are some people who are late every single time for every single thing. My brother is one. It comes down to, he sees being early to things as a waste of his time. Being utterly self absorbed, he doesn't see the flip side of that statement. 

Here's another Uber doosh behavior I see all the time, mostly among younger folks. Refusal to ever make a plan. Or if they do, having no problem with bailing at the last minute. I live in a building with my mostly 25-35 year old coworkers. Many times, we have tried to make plans for things. A party. A dinner reservation. Whatever. What usually happens is that half say nothing at all to the invitation, and the other half say they're in. Then an hour before, people are dropping in, dropping out, can i bring my chick, etc.

Don't even try anymore. Fock em. This is an area where there is a stark divide between the "grew up pre-cell" crowd and the younger crowd. 

19 hours ago, RLLD said:

Sure. People build a reputation with this kind of thing.

My siblings... If my sister or her husband is late, there is a reason. They likely called me with said reason well in advance. If they are late with no text, I worry.

My brother and his wife... Are between 30 minutes to an hour late to every focking family function. We usually tell them that things start an hour earlier than they actually do. We do not wait for them to show up before we order at a restaurant.

I have on numerous occasions called him 15 minutes after we were supposed to meet for a meal, and he gives me the "on my way" bullcrap. I can usually hear his house in the background. I say ok, then leave.

With my brother, I have actually told him "if you want to make it on time, you had better be getting ready right now and you have to leave by x".  He's like "really?".  He wants to be on time and needs help, sometimes. Otherwise time means little to him.

I hate these people especially at work. I particularly hate the ones who walk into a meeting 15 minutes late, then disrupt the meeting by explaining why they are late. Nobody cares sit down ass hole. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is what I go by: 5 minutes early is on time. 15 minutes early is early. Right on time is late. 

I have people in my life who are habitually late. It doesn’t matter to me one bit until it affects me personally and I have do something because of their tardiness.

Ironically, the person/family I’m referring to has a clinically diagnosed pattern of ADD. They are so unaware of how them being late affects and bothers everyone that has to get involved. 

If it's somewhere I have to be whether I want to be there or not, I'm about 5 to 10 minutes early

If it's somewhere I don't want to be at all, but I'm doing it as a favor, I'll be there... plus or minus a minute or two... within the time you told me.

If it's somewhere I want to be, I'll be there at least 15 minutes early, probably more.

Now, all of that is suspect based on whom else is going.  If I know there will be habitually late people going, I'll coordinate my arrival time with others.  No point in getting somewhere 15 minutes early if there's going to be people that are 15 minutes late.

On 10/7/2019 at 8:06 AM, RLLD said:

The discussion isn't about someone who is late like once. It's for people who are habitually late, like you obviously are. Always always ALWAYS making others wait on them. Things happen like that person is a selfish douche who doesn't have the common courtesy to make an adjustment in the way they time out their day. It's really easy to be on time.