Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

How is your "best" team doing (worst?)

I won my Dynasty League with nearly this exact team last year.  I thought for certain heading into this year I would be the odds-on favorite and easily waltz into the playoffs.  Nope.  I'm 1-4 after this weekend.  I already lost this week and my opponent still has Chubb going tonight. 

QB - Andrew Luck, Big Ben, Jacoby B., Rivers (This has been killing me since Luck retired)

RB - Dalvin Cook, Kamara, McCoy, Barber, R. Jones, Murray

WR's - Hopkins, Hilton, JuJu, Keenan Allen, McLaurin, Stills, Agholor

TE's - Witten, Walker, Waller

Def - Jax, San Fran

I won the first game of the season and set a record for most points scored in a game.  The second week of the season I broke that record, but so did my opponent as he beat me by .2 points.  Week three I lost by 1.2 points.  Week 4 I lost by 6 points and this week I'm down by 37 points and he still has a RB going tonight.  1-4 with a pretty nice set up of players.  I'm the highest scoring team in the league and have the highest score against total as well.  lol  Some years you just can't win.  I've tried making trades, but the owners are slick.  They aren't trading for Hopkins with the Texans spreading the ball out more and none want JuJu because of Rudolph the red nosed QB.  When I try to trade for a QB, the owners simply decline the offers as they aren't going to give me any ammo.  If I had a real QB, I'd likely be 4-1.  We have 25 man rosters though, with a taxi squad and an IR component as well.  There are ZERO QB's on the wire.  I have three open roster spots, but there isn't anyone worth grabbing on waivers. 

1 point PPR and we start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr's, 1te, 1flex and one defense.

How's your "best" team doing?  lol

3 leagues...2 pay leagues, 1 for fun with friends who just play casually.

Should be 4-1 in all 3 if Kittle has a decent game (10-20 points), but doesn’t go bonkers.  Have him one league, playing against him in another.

My best team is in a 24 team league where we have double-headers each week.  My team is 6-4 after this weekend.

One league I play with a friend I'm 2-3 but I have the strongest team. I just keep starting the wrong players (this week I started Ekeler in flex over Fuller  or Chark. ).

5 of us are 3-2 and the other 5 are 3-2 so that's fun.

I'm also in a $100 yahoo league where I'm 4-1

33 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My best team is in a 24 team league where we have double-headers each week.  My team is 6-4 after this weekend.

That sounds like an interesting league.  How does it work exactly?  With so many teams, can a player be owned more than once?

15 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

One league I play with a friend I'm 2-3 but I have the strongest team. I just keep starting the wrong players (this week I started Ekeler in flex over Fuller  or Chark. ).

5 of us are 3-2 and the other 5 are 3-2 so that's fun.

I'm also in a $100 yahoo league where I'm 4-1

A league with everyone at 3-2 or 2-3 is pretty competitive.  I like those leagues as everyone stays interested until the end. 

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

That sounds like an interesting league.  How does it work exactly?  With so many teams, can a player be owned more than once?

Two full, live auction drafts.  Think of it as having two 12 team leagues merged together.  Each 12 team draft is called a conference and those are broken into two divisions.  We play a few games from the the other conference during the season so there is a chance for having the same players  going up against each other.  The top two teams from each division make the playoffs and there are two wildcard teams from each conference.  Entry fee is $130 so 1st place can win close to $1000 depending on how much they spent on transactions during the year.

Last year I finished in 2nd and won over $600.  It's by far my most favorite league.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Two full, live auction drafts.  Think of it as having two 12 team leagues merged together.  Each 12 team draft is called a conference and those are broken into two divisions.  We play a few games from the the other conference during the season so there is a chance for having the same players  going up against each other.  The top two teams from each division make the playoffs and there are two wildcard teams from each conference.  Entry fee is $130 so 1st place can win close to $1000 depending on how much they spent on transactions during the year.

Last year I finished in 2nd and won over $600.  It's by far my most favorite league.

I have never played in a league like that.  It definitely sounds interesting though.  I really like having the separate conferences too.  Very cool. 

• Like 1

I haven't had any crazy weeks where my team goes nuts, but 3 of my teams are steady every week. It puts me near the top in all of them. I like that nice steady production. 

My "best" team is the highest scoring team in the league and is 2-3 after this week.  In ALL THREE losses I have had the second highest scoring total for the week only to lose to #1.  This league has been around almost ten years and this past week i had the second highest all time score in the league...of course facing Ryan, McCaffrey, Philly D.  .......

brutal.

All my teams are dynasty

I am going to be 3-2 with 3 of them and 1-4 in the other, which is a lost cause

My 3-2 teams are all capable of winning it all because I have good depth at every position, one of them I have the most total points, just had bad luck with scheduling

I moved across the country and dropped all my leagues except one that I have been in for 11 years. 4-1 and my only loss was by 3 pts. 2nd most points... just trailing Ekeler owner. 2 time champ of this league and missed the playoffs 1 time..