zftcg

Week 6 streaming DSTs

Dallas @ NYJ seems to be the chalk pick this week, but I'm wary. They've had a bunch of cake match-ups early in the season and haven't delivered much. Plus Darnold seems likely to return this week. I agree that if Falk is still in, that makes them a lot more attractive.

In one of my leagues, GB (vs Detroit) is available. Lions aren't a great match-up, but I view GB as mostly a bet on talent. I think they've shown they're one of the league's top defenses.

Beyond that, not a whole lot. If LAC is out there, playing against Pitt's third-string QB, that's a good pickup. But Yahoo has them at 89% ownership.

I want no part of either side in the Washington-Miami Tank for Tua Bowl.

Tenn @ Denver is an OK defense with an OK match-up. Philly @ Minn is an interesting test of strength vs. strength (Cook vs. Philly run D) but don't expect another 35-point outburst from the Eagles.

Dallas should be ok against the Jets.  If Darnold doesn't play, it's a no-brainer.  If he does, the Jets will be a different offense as they get Herndon back as well.  I'd still like the Cowboys chances of creating a turnover to go along with a couple of sacks.  Green Bay has looked very good.  Until they went into Prevent Mode against Dallas, they were simply shutting them down on all fronts. 

I picked up Baltimore late in the week not to start, but for week 6 at home against the putrid Bungles. If available, I think they are the play...

Either the Steelers or the Packers or I might just keep the Panthers one more week vs the Bucs. 

Those are the best choices I have.  

4 hours ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

Washington gets Miami this week and should be widely available. 

🤮🤮🤮

Expanding on this a bit more, I don't know who will win that turdfest of a game on Sunday, but the smart fantasy play is to stay far, far away from all of it, fantasy-wise. McLaurin if he's healthy. Maybe Peterson or Preston Williams if you're desperate with byes and injuries. But for God's sake, don't start either QB or either defense. At least one of those may have a good game. But do you really want to bet your fantasy fate on knowing which one it will be?

4 hours ago, mgirgent said:

The Saints.

Last three: 17, 16, 12.

Next three: Jax, Chi, Ari. All rookies or backups. 

I picked the Saints up a week early specifically bc of this. 

Anyone else considering SF after tonight’s performance? Not a great matchup (@LAR) but Rams aren’t as scary as they used to be. And Niners look legit

Also if anyone drops Buffalo during their bye week and you have room on your roster for two Ds, they host Miami the following week

I'm not taking the Patriots out of my lineup

6 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I'm not taking the Patriots out of my lineup

Pretty sure this thread topic is irrelevant to you

7 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

Pretty sure this thread topic is irrelevant to you

Pretty sure he just did it to brag (which I can kind of respect, tbh).

In my league that uses standard DST scoring, Pats have 100 points through five games. Second best D is the Bears, who have 56. Amazing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zftcg said:

Anyone else considering SF after tonight’s performance? Not a great matchup (@LAR) but Rams aren’t as scary as they used to be. And Niners look legit

I posted this weekend SF should of been the streaming pickup for week 5, and I was right.. They will still be a decent D against the Rams who weekly have given up several sacks & ints...SF possible in DL & LB talent might be the toughest test for Goff and a shaky OL who Pro Football Focus ranked last so far in the NFL this season....Note....week #7 SF will get the soft Redskins,  

echo packers for this week...also anyone picking up saints for next few weeks. definitely grab bills if anyone drops them.  they are a longterm hold.

Same for me, I was able to pick up the Packers vs the Lions. 

Good luck 

On 10/7/2019 at 9:43 AM, mgirgent said:

The Saints.

Last three: 17, 16, 12.

Next three: Jax, Chi, Ari. All rookies or backups. 

agree. I grabbed them for the same reasoning. 

Wondering how the experts on this board feel about the Hawks at Cleveland in week 6?  

6 hours ago, FFer said:

Wondering how the experts on this board feel about the Hawks at Cleveland in week 6?  

I don't follow the NBA that much.