Sign in to follow this  
chochoking

James White & Sony Michel on the same team?

Full PPR 12 Team 
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE 

What’s your opinion on having both James White & Sony Michel on the same team? 🤔

Is it advantageous or a negative?

Depends who, is being replaced. 

I was just asking in general, like last year with Alvin Kamara and Mark Ingram. If you had both James White & Sony Michel would you keep both or try to trade. NE RBs has the best schedule moving forward and I feel like you cover both the rushing and passing TDs with having both and Burkhead is hurt currently

I would try to trade one of them. 

I'd try and trade both. Michel doesn't catch enough passes for ppr and White doesn't score enough touchdowns. Maybe keep White for bye weeks but now that you're probably not getting more than 10-12 points. Or keep Michel for the bye weeks and hope he scores a touchdown.

i have michel on one dynasty.  right or wrong my sense is he should help me as cold weather comes in.  until then he can be a sometime plug in.  like yesterday when the rex news hit

Michel caught 3 passes on 3 targets last week for 32 yards. This could be a big deal. Defenses will be even be even more confused if Michel can get 4 targets a game, which will also help Michel's run game. 3 for 32 is a big deal in fantasy for a starting #2-3 running back. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sderk said:

Michel caught 3 passes on 3 targets last week for 32 yards. This could be a big deal. Defenses will be even be even more confused if Michel can get 4 targets a game, which will also help Michel's run game. 3 for 32 is a big deal in fantasy for a starting #2-3 running back. 

That was with Burkhead inactive. When Rex is back Sony will go back to his non-targeted self...

35 minutes ago, jrokh said:

That was with Burkhead inactive. When Rex is back Sony will go back to his non-targeted self...

Not necessarily. Burkhead being out (hardly a rare thing, BTW) certainly helps Michel get more overall touches. But the Pats would like him to be involved in the passing game regardless. That way it’s not blatantly obvious that they’re running when he’s in the game.

37 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Not necessarily. Burkhead being out (hardly a rare thing, BTW) certainly helps Michel get more overall touches. But the Pats would like him to be involved in the passing game regardless. That way it’s not blatantly obvious that they’re running when he’s in the game.

While I appreciate that's what Sony owners would like to believe, the data doesn't support that position. In weeks 1-3 when Rex was healthy and playing he out-targeted Sony 17-1. Is is just a coincidence that in the one game Rex missed Sony got a boost in targets and catches? Perhaps, but not bloody likely.

1 hour ago, chochoking said:

Well, I'm a play both tonight and then sell high on Michel, I'll keep White, since I'm in a Full PPR

What if Michel flops?