Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

Mahomes

Any Mahomes owners a little tiny bit concern, his last two games where his third and forth worst based on ff points.  

Anyone else think that the league might be catching up to him, I mean the Colts really.  

Mmm 

No one is catching up to a great qb. His team is really affected by injuries, and he has a sprained ankle that he can barely put weight on without wincing. I think "figure out" doesn't happen when talking about great qbs. That's like saying the Giants figured out how to beat Tom Brady by pressuring him a ton. Yeah..... That goes for literally any qb. 

He was limping all night last night.  The ankle is playing a factor.  Something to keep an eye out.

Sammy Watkins might be out a while and with Damien Williams back, they might want to run the ball a bit more.

That Indy D is very solid, and Frank Reich seems like a very good head coach. I wish he was coaching the Bears.

Andy Reid did what made sense, he attacked Indy without their top two safeties. It just didn't work, and in typical arrogant Andy Reid fashion, he didn't adjust. I didn't see any effort to get the short pass game going. 

Would agree he was hurt last nights game, but that’s two games with only one td pass. 

Anyway im just asking a question on how owners of Mahomes might be feeling

Mahomes is having a great season, but just for fun, just asking if anyone that owns him is a little bit worried about his last two games. 

I mean one td in two games isn’t good, right? 

Based on ff today Qb scoring , he is 11th best Qb this week and 13tn last week, mmm. 

It was bound to happen. That is him slowing down a little. I don't think he's going to lose his spot atop the QB ratings though

He wont lose a top ranking I don’t doubt that, but is he worthy of a first round ff draft pick right now. 

But again just wondering out loud how owners of Mahomes feel about now. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

He wont lose a top ranking I don’t doubt that, but is he worthy of a first round ff draft pick right now. 

But again just wondering out loud how owners of Mahomes feel about now. 

Ha! It's like every season by this point, the first round would look a lot different than it did on draft day.

I don't know if he's a first rounder but I don't think he's fallen past the 2nd

I don’t know, a Qb that’s early just doesn’t make sense to me. 

I don't think I would take him either but somebody would

He’s on pace for 35tds/5800yds even w/his 1 TD past 2 games.  That’s a very good FF season.  
Now doesn’t sound like it coming off a 50td season but hopefully no one was expecting that from him again. Only done 3 times totaI in history of NFL (Peyton, Brady other two).

I don’t think teams are so much catching up as (1) his injury is limiting him and (2) Just a regression after a historic season.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

He doesn’t have a lot of weapons right now. 

Thanks, that’s another great point. 

27 minutes ago, NAn said:

He’s on pace for 35tds/5800yds even w/his 1 TD past 2 games.  That’s a very good FF season.  
Now doesn’t sound like it coming off a 50td season but hopefully no one was expecting that from him again. Only done 3 times totaI in history of NFL (Peyton, Brady other two).

I don’t think teams are so much catching up as (1) his injury is limiting him and (2) Just a regression after a historic season.

35tds and 5800 yards, in your opinion does that make him worthy of a round one ff pick?  

Those number where what I was predicting about 30-33 tds , so that would bring him make towards the other top qbs, and that’s why I know many looked at him as a round one pick, I didn’t. 

So again just another fun topic while we get to enjoy the crappy games that the nfl keeps,providing week end and week out. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

35tds and 5800 yards, in your opinion does that make him worthy of a round one ff pick?  

Technically I'd say yes, but not the best person to ask as I'm camp that would likely never (I haven't since my very first year in FF) take a QB in rnd1.

Injuries happen. His game is built around avoiding pressure and improvising. A little early to gloat there Weeps....let's see how that ankle heals up. FWIW, I would take him in first round all day long. Buy low if anyone is silly enough to sell.

Hindsight is 20/20 FF guys are the best guys.   Right up there with the guy who offers 3 of his bench players for your superstar.......then rips into you when you say No

They have been without their #1 RB who just came back.  Without their all-world WR in HIll and even lost Watkins early last week.  Colts displayed the formula for beating the Chiefs last week, but that won't work when Williams, Hill and Watkins are back.  It's a hiccup, he will get back on track.  

Doesn't Mahomes have more fantasy points this year through 5 games than last year? I just eyeballed it but I'm pretty sure he does but its close either way. And consider he hasn't had Hill, Williams (who I dont know if he helps) and Watkins. Don't get nervous now.

On 10/7/2019 at 4:55 PM, weepaws said:

Mahomes is having a great season, but just for fun, just asking if anyone that owns him is a little bit worried about his last two games. 

I mean one td in two games isn’t good, right? 

The Mahomes owner in my top Dynasty League is sort of freaked out.  He's lost 2 games in a row.  His roster is ok, but not great, outside of Mahomes.   I have tried to buy him low in leagues, but there is no buying Mahomes low.  lol   I think he will be fine in the long run, but I have enjoyed watching owners freak out over these last 2 games.  

14 hours ago, stonewall said:

Injuries happen. His game is built around avoiding pressure and improvising. A little early to gloat there Weeps....let's see how that ankle heals up. FWIW, I would take him in first round all day long. Buy low if anyone is silly enough to sell.

You know I don’t gloat, again I was just asking a question about how owners feel. 

Expecally those that paid a big price for him on draft day. 

If the owner in my league wants to sale low, heck yeah I’m buying. 

Thanks. 

10 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Watch him throw for 6 TDs and everything is ok again.

That’s what I would expect. 

8 hours ago, TheWeasel said:

Doesn't Mahomes have more fantasy points this year through 5 games than last year? I just eyeballed it but I'm pretty sure he does but its close either way. And consider he hasn't had Hill, Williams (who I dont know if he helps) and Watkins. Don't get nervous now.

Yeah he’s right on point. 

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The Mahomes owner in my top Dynasty League is sort of freaked out.  He's lost 2 games in a row.  His roster is ok, but not great, outside of Mahomes.   I have tried to buy him low in leagues, but there is no buying Mahomes low.  lol   I think he will be fine in the long run, but I have enjoyed watching owners freak out over these last 2 games.  

That’s the whole point of the question, I was just wondering. 

If you took him early good for you, but I would like to know how those that did feel after those last two outings and how those teams are doing. 

Thanks. 

Ol pat practiced today.  He a badass

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Ol pat practiced today.  He a badass

Man don't like to lose or get embarrassed on prime time TV. Somebody likely to pay this weekend.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:51 AM, NAn said:

Over the last 3 games he is throwing nearly 40 times a game with an average of about 55% completion percentage. Today he just tossed one up because of a defensive offside and Tyreek Hill amazingly pulled in a bad pass for a TD. Smart play to throw it up but it was all Hill who made that play.

He is 1-2 in his last 3.  

12 hours ago, sderk said:

Over the last 3 games he is throwing nearly 40 times a game with an average of about 55% completion percentage. Today he just tossed one up because of a defensive offside and Tyreek Hill amazingly pulled in a bad pass for a TD. Smart play to throw it up but it was all Hill who made that play.

He is 1-2 in his last 3.  

And he is now on pace for 5600/37, That pace would end up with a FF score that would have had him ranked: 7th in 2018, 2nd 2017, 6th 2016.

Stats about what I previously cited  and think what I previously cited still applies:

(1) his injury is limiting him and (2) Just a regression after a historic season.

I'll add that I'm talking Mahomes the FF QB, not the NFL QB, but if we were...

Those past 3 games here are passes v called running plays (so excluding Mahomes scrambles)

42/19

35/10

39/13

It's not that they weren't in those games throughout and  had to just throw it  either (actually ironically the 42/19 v Detroit was the most lopsided game)

As good as the kid is he can't do it himself and not using your running game can't help him either.

I don't own Mahomes or even like the Chiefs, just talking the numbers and he's still performing well, just not as well as last year.

Now if anyone was expecting last season all over again, well that's the issue there.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:57 AM, weepaws said:

That’s the whole point of the question, I was just wondering. 

If you took him early good for you, but I would like to know how those that did feel after those last two outings and how those teams are doing. 

Thanks. 

In my redraft leagues, where the owners drafted him very early, the records after this week will be:  3-3, 3-3, 4-2, 3-3, 4-2, 5-1, 3-3.  The guy who is 5-1 had a phenomenal draft, hitting on pretty much everyone he drafted.  He landed CMC at the 1.03 and took Mahomes in the Second.  His only loss was this weekend. 

In my main Dynasty Leagues, the Mahomes owners are: 3-3, 4-2, 6-0.  It's different in Dynasty as Mahomes was drafted in the late 2nd round of the all rookie drafts and was much more of a guess by the owner than any knowledge he would put up these numbers.  The guy that is 3-3 is in the middle of rebuilding his roster, but he does have 3 studs on the team that have kept him from losing too much.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

In my redraft leagues, where the owners drafted him very early, the records after this week will be:  3-3, 3-3, 4-2, 3-3, 4-2, 5-1, 3-3.  The guy who is 5-1 had a phenomenal draft, hitting on pretty much everyone he drafted.  He landed CMC at the 1.03 and took Mahomes in the Second.  His only loss was this weekend. 

In my main Dynasty Leagues, the Mahomes owners are: 3-3, 4-2, 6-0.  It's different in Dynasty as Mahomes was drafted in the late 2nd round of the all rookie drafts and was much more of a guess by the owner than any knowledge he would put up these numbers.  The guy that is 3-3 is in the middle of rebuilding his roster, but he does have 3 studs on the team that have kept him from losing too much.

Thanks, so pretty much 3-3 covers it. 

Again he’s a great Qb, but I still can’t take a Qb in the first or second round.  

23 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Suuuuuure you did.

LOL ok I was exaggerating a bit.