Sign in to follow this  
Redlegs

Trade for Matt Ryan?

I have Brees and I have Rivers. Would you trade Brees and Jordan Howard for Ryan? I know Howard is going get the ball more but what do you say?

31 minutes ago, Redlegs said:

I have Brees and I have Rivers. Would you trade Brees and Jordan Howard for Ryan? I know Howard is going get the ball more but what do you say?

By the way my other RB's are Kamara, Mixon, Damien Williams, Tevin Coleman, Ronald Jones?

No

Honestly I don't think I would, RB's are so important in my book.  I ran the table last year, scoring insane points, but lost in the Championship game. I had McCaffrey, Kamara, Gurley, Mixon, Aaron Jones, K. Johnson, I lost in the Championship game because they all sat, injured, or played very little. Howard looks really good, as a Sanders owner it pains me to say it. I would just ride out what you got!

11 minutes ago, erikthebassist said:

do you have to roll two RB's? Is it 4pt qb TD's or 6? PPR or non-PPR?

What do your WR's look like?

We start 2 WR's, 1WR/RB, 1Wr/TE/RB. We get half point for reception and QB gets 6 points for TD's!!!

I don't know man. This is a tough call in a 6pt league because your QB is really important. If you have the WR's to play 3 and can just roll with Kamara then I think having Ryan over Brees and Rivers is worth it, but if you are starting a scrub anywhere in your skill positions, then the difference between Brees when he comes back and Ryan doesn't justify getting single digit points out of another skill slot, so take that for what it's worth. 

In a half point PPR, running 3 WR's may not be the best strategy either. Without doing a ton of math or knowing more about your team I'm leaning towards holding on to Howard and finding another way to upgrade your QB until Brees comes back. 

First, I think Ryan will throw for almost 5K yards this year in garbage time IF his O-line doesn't get him killed, it's so bad. TD's though....idk if that will be more than Rivers.

I'd stick it out. Brees will be back in 2-3 weeks. Rivers has a serviceable schedule until then. Even if not, you can stream WW for Rivers replacement until then.

• Like 1

I don't know how many times I have to reiterate this iron rule of fantasy football:

You never, ever, EVER trade a player of value for a QB.

Of course, huge leagues, superflex leagues, and leagues with weird-ass scoring systems may vary, but in the vast majority of typical leagues, this rule always applies.