Sign in to follow this  
browns2626

Thielen for OBJ and James Connor?

I was offered Connor and OBJ for Thielen. 

WR wise I have Hopkins, Thielen, Fuller, Tyrell Williams, John Brown, Sterling Shepherd, and Brandin Cooks. 

RB wise I have Damien Williams, Michel, Hyde, and Kareem Hunt stashed as a potential future flex player when he returns from suspension. 

For RBs they have Aaron Jones, Keryon Johnson,   James Conner, Melvin Gordon and Saquon.  
For WRs they have Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, OBJ, Hollywood Brown, and Calvin Ridley. 

1 hour ago, browns2626 said:

WR wise I have Hopkins, Thielen, Fuller, Tyrell Williams, John Brown, Sterling Shepherd, and Brandin Cooks. 

RB wise I have Damien Williams, Michel, Hyde, and Kareem Hunt stashed as a potential future flex player when he returns from suspension. 

For RBs they have Aaron Jones, Keryon Johnson,   James Conner, Melvin Gordon and Saquon.  
For WRs they have Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, OBJ, Hollywood Brown, and Calvin Ridley. 

I would do it. You get a RB which you probably need!!! Can you look at mine the Matt Ryan trade?

You need a RB, but I'd do it for pretty much any one of their other RBs (well, maybe not Kerryon) rather than Conner.  Conner competes with Samuels in the backfield and the PIT offense is struggling in general.

If you could get Gordon or Jones, it would be swell.  I wouldn't even care about getting OBJ back (although I wouldn't turn him down)--he's been sucking for air lately.  If they needed to go down to Marvin, Brown or Ridley in order for you to get Gordon or Jones, I'd still be up for that.

6 hours ago, browns2626 said:

J Samules will be missing time. 

I love Thielen a lot more then I even like Beckham. 

But you need Conner, so yes take it. 

Good luck. 

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You need a RB, but I'd do it for pretty much any one of their other RBs (well, maybe not Kerryon) rather than Conner.  Conner competes with Samuels in the backfield and the PIT offense is struggling in general.

If you could get Gordon or Jones, it would be swell.  I wouldn't even care about getting OBJ back (although I wouldn't turn him down)--he's been sucking for air lately.  If they needed to go down to Marvin, Brown or Ridley in order for you to get Gordon or Jones, I'd still be up for that.

Pretty much what he said. I'm not a connor fan with Pittsburgh sucking arse lately.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:05 PM, AxeElf said:

I offered Thielen and Brown for Jones. You think that’s a fair offer or too much?

42 minutes ago, browns2626 said:

I offered Thielen and Brown for Jones. You think that’s a fair offer or too much?

If they were so anxious to get Thielen that they were willing to give you Conner AND OBJ for Thielen alone, I think I would have started lower, like offering Thielen for Aaron and Marvin Jones, Thielen for Aaron Jones and Hollywood Brown, or even Thielen for Aaron Jones straight up.  You could have even explored their feelings about Melvin Gordon or Saquon Barkley instead of Aaron Jones.  You had a lot of negotiating room before you jumped straight into offering the player they wanted AND another player on top of that to get half of what he was offering in the first place.

So yeah, too much.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

If they were so anxious to get Thielen that they were willing to give you Conner AND OBJ for Thielen alone, I think I would have started lower, like offering Thielen for Aaron and Marvin Jones, Thielen for Aaron Jones and Hollywood Brown, or even Thielen for Aaron Jones straight up.  You could have even explored their feelings about Melvin Gordon or Saquon Barkley instead of Aaron Jones.  You had a lot of negotiating room before you jumped straight into offering the player they wanted AND another player on top of that to get half of what he was offering in the first place.

So yeah, too much.

Yeah, see my other posts about getting A Jones for Evans... If I had Thielen in my exact same situation I wouldn't have even considered it. Take that with a grain of salt. 

I like the original trade. Buying low on OBJ sounds like a no brainer to me, I know he’s done little so far but his upside is higher than Thielen in a run-first offense. And you’re getting an RB you really need chucked in. 

By all means explore getting a better RB but seems a good deal to me