Sign in to follow this  
edjr

How many times have you been to MCD's in the past 10 months?

Was checking my Amex (only card I use, I never use cash) to post about my Amazon addiction and then saw how many Mcd's were on there.

in my defense, I do have a kid that just turned 6 :dunno:

01/07/2019  Mon                5.35
01/18/2019  Fri                5.35
01/23/2019  Wed                8.44
01/28/2019  Mon                9.82
02/08/2019  Fri                5.02
02/18/2019  Mon                12.37
02/22/2019  Fri                1.07
02/28/2019  Thu                17.1
03/16/2019  Sat                11.11
03/19/2019  Tue                9.62
03/28/2019  Thu                5.35
04/11/2019  Thu                9.3
04/18/2019  Thu                16.56
05/11/2019  Sat                21.26
05/18/2019  Sat                13.34
05/25/2019  Sat                11.75
05/30/2019  Thu                14.21
06/04/2019  Tue                7.79
06/07/2019  Fri                11.86
06/16/2019  Sun                12.9
06/28/2019  Fri                11.55
07/26/2019  Fri                5.66
08/02/2019  Fri                20.19
08/16/2019  Fri                7.16
08/22/2019  Thu                7.8
08/31/2019  Sat                5.98
09/17/2019  Tue                16.88

Zero.  I ain't goin' anywhere near Fishtown.  :nono:

I'd say 10. I have to bribe the kids with something.  When I do go I keep it to a double cheeseburger and a small coke. Their Fockin Coke is awesome for some reason. 

Yeah, in your defense it looks like you got fatter about 3/4 of the time you stopped "for your kid."  :lol:

Breakfast maybe 6 times. 

Lunch - zero. 

1 minute ago, Mookz said:

Zero.  I ain't goin' anywhere near Fishtown.  :nono:

I actually read it this way the first time.  Was thinking of a spinoff thread.  :thumbsup:

A few weeks ago I drove to LA and back.  On the way out I got a few egg mcmuffins to start the trip.  On the way back I stopped at BK for some big king burger with bacon.  I actually didn't eat too poorly in LA, but I managed to gain like 5 pounds in a few days.  

Otherwise I'm like bostonlager, a few times per year for breakfast if I'm heading somewhere early.

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, in your defense it looks like you got fatter about 3/4 of the time you stopped "for your kid."  :lol:

:nono:

1 minute ago, edjr said:

:nono:

04/18/2019  Thu                16.56
05/11/2019  Sat                21.26
05/18/2019  Sat                13.34
05/25/2019  Sat                11.75
05/30/2019  Thu                14.21

Well then your kid has a, um, healthy appetite.  :unsure:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I actually read it this way the first time.  Was thinking of a spinoff thread.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I wasn't brave enough to sperm 'er off.  :(

With two young kids we get food from there maybe two times a month.  We get Dairy Queen a lot more though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well then your kid has a, um, healthy appetite.  :unsure:

That's not bad over a year? 

Maybe 1? My son doesn’t really like it. We will stop there if we’re on a road trip though. I like the sausage egg McMuffin especially if they have tobasco.

I will get McD's about once a month for lunch and about as often for breakfast.  Unless I am in Vegas.  There is a McD's in the Lobby of The D and I will eat it once or twice per trip.  Wife usually sleeps in and if we don't have breakfast planned I will just have that.

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Maybe 1? My son doesn’t really like it. We will stop there if we’re on a road trip though. I like the sausage egg McMuffin especially if they have tobasco.

I like the big fluffy biscuit with sausage and egg :wub:

it's so dry I need 1/2 a gallon of water to choke it down

Not any.  But not against it.   Thing is the competition runs some pretty great $5 lunch specials.

Wendy's, BK, Taco Bell, heck even KFC.  I don't see MCD doing that.

ETA: Crap, I just realized I go there everyday, for their $1 coffee.   So, everyday

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

I like the big fluffy biscuit with sausage and egg :wub:

it's so dry I need 1/2 a gallon of water to choke it down

That is what I get too and you're not kidding. Dry as all hell. 

Went on Saturday because the (hungover) wife specifically requested it.  First time in a long time.  No cashiers, everything was order and pay at video stations. And took 15 minutes after that to get food.  Never again. (except maybe breakfast)

Once a month sounds about right.  Sometimes a McDouble and a small fry sounds phenomenal.

They have a decent grilled chicken bacon and ranch salad also.  I'm not sure if it's still on the menu but, they still sell it. 

My spoiled brat 16 year old son won't eat it but, he also holds his breath when a car drives by because..  "lung cancer"...  He is very strict about his diet, athlete who is trying to put on muscle, yadda yadda.  At 6'1 & 165 lbs, he has his work cut out for him.

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Went on Saturday because the (hungover) wife specifically requested it.  First time in a long time.  No cashiers, everything was order and pay at video stations. And took 15 minutes after that to get food.  Never again. (except maybe breakfast)

They say the self order screens at McDs are the dirtiest thing in america. Germ city

maybe a couple times for burgers for kids. i do get burger king though sometimes after fishing trips and it's late. and we get chik fila a good amount.

Just now, Reality said:

Once a month sounds about right.  Sometimes a McDouble and a small fry sounds phenomenal.

They have a decent grilled chicken bacon and ranch salad also.  I'm not sure if it's still on the menu but, they still sell it. 

My spoiled brat 16 year old son won't eat it but, he also holds his breath when a car drives by because..  "lung cancer"...  He is very strict about his diet, athlete who is trying to put on muscle, yadda yadda.  At 6'1 & 165 lbs, he has his work cut out for him.

They've brainwashed, err trained him well at school.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

They say the self order screens at McDs are the dirtiest thing in america. Germ city

And in the McDonalds near me, only a couple of workers speak English.  Very few of the customers do.  3rd world germs.

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

They've brainwashed, err trained him well at school.

Truth.

Id say 6.  Fridays i get a sausage mcmuffin with egg and a hashbrown...guilty pleasure.  The other 2...probably a quick lunch burger and fries or a nugs and fries.

41 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'd say 10. I have to bribe the kids with something.  When I do go I keep it to a double cheeseburger and a small coke. Their Fockin Coke is awesome for some reason. 

This is about right for me.  My youngest loves their chicken nuggets and my oldest loves the Subway that's right next door.  I cook for the week on Sat or Sun so we mostly eat at home.  But when we're on the run to and from games and practices, McD and Subway are pretty easy.  

And yep. The coke there is great.  I go with a large coke, extra ice.  

Now that I think about it, guess I've been on a MDC's kick here lately.

Between the little cheeseburgers and the hot cakes and sausage breakfast - I'd say I've been more than 20. :(

Twice a month.

It went up alot with kids. A few years ago I could honestly say that I went over a year without eating there.

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

This is about right for me.  My youngest loves their chicken nuggets and my oldest loves the Subway that's right next door.  I cook for the week on Sat or Sun so we mostly eat at home.  But when we're on the run to and from games and practices, McD and Subway are pretty easy.  

And yep. The coke there is great.  I go with a large coke, extra ice.  

Before I go out to a concert or somewhere I want to drink before. Always grab a 1.00 large diet and poor in my own booze.

their fries and soda is 2nd to none

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Before I go out to a concert or somewhere I want to drink before. Always grab a 1.00 large diet and poor in my own booze.

Hopefully while you are driving.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Hopefully while you are driving.  :thumbsup:

do you think I walk?

20 minutes ago, edjr said:

Gotta be some sort of secret ingredient to their soda.  How can coke taste 10X better there than at a different place.   What are they doing to it?

24 minutes ago, edjr said:

Truth, I think there is actual cocaine in their soft drinks.  Also, they have mastered fries.

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Gotta be some sort of secret ingredient to their soda.  How can coke taste 10X better there than at a different place.   What are they doing to it?

I think most places don't use actual coke products and use knockoffs. When I owned my fake bar, we used soda on our guns, from some company that wasn't coke or pepsi. 

14 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

This is what the googler says:

https://www.myrecipes.com/news/why-mcdonalds-coke-tastes-better

There are several reasons, but this one might be the key. 

McDonald’s also mixes their syrup-to-water ratio to account for ice melt. That means the drink has a slightly higher ratio at sip number one to make sure that sips four, five, and six are supremely refreshing too. This is also why you should never order your McDonald’s Coca-Cola without ice. You’d be totally messing with the carefully designed soda experience.

Once every 2 or 3 months I'll get a hankering for chicken nuggets and stop. I know they're terrible for me but it's easy and they're good. Meh. Whatever

4 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Once every 2 or 3 months I'll get a hankering for chicken nuggets and stop. I know they're terrible for me but it's easy and they're good. Meh. Whatever

if I were 25, I would knock out a 20 piece and then wash it down with a Royale w Cheese.