Sign in to follow this  
edjr

How many times have you been to MCD's in the past 10 months?

I think maybe once?

Had not been in a long time. The menu board doesn't have any prices anymore. So I ordered a quarter pounder with cheese combo and a Jr double cheeseburger or whatever their equivalent is. The total was close to $12. I said no thanks. I'm sorry, I'm too old to pay that much money for McDonalds.

20 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Had not been in a long time. The menu board doesn't have any prices anymore. So I ordered a quarter pounder with cheese combo and a Jr double cheeseburger or whatever their equivalent is. The total was close to $12. I said no thanks. I'm sorry, I'm too old to pay that much money for McDonalds.

It’s expensive cause you’re ordering lunch for 2.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

It’s expensive cause you’re ordering lunch of 2.

:lol:

seriously. a good ol number 1 with a medium is what 8 bucks? :dunno:

slap on 3 dollar menu items and then you're in the 12 range

9 that's hysterical. A quarter pounder. Which isn't actually a quarter pounder. Plus a little half-dollar sized cheeseburger is lunch for 2 now? 

Honestly, there are far too many burger joints out there that offer a third , half pound handcrafted Burger 4 roughly what Mickey D's is charging for a freaking gross quarter pounder with cheese combo.

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

9 that's hysterical. A quarter pounder. Which isn't actually a quarter pounder. Plus a little half-dollar sized cheeseburger is lunch for 2 now? 

Honestly, there are far too many burger joints out there that offer a third , half pound handcrafted Burger 4 roughly what Mickey D's is charging for a freaking gross quarter pounder with cheese combo.

This. 

Outside of 5 Guys, I haven't eaten a fast food hamburger in 30 years. 

once or twice.  might hit other ff once every 3 weeks.

Just once. It was immaculate. :wub:

There's one in the airport in Kunming. I went there on my way to Thailand.

Oh, I never told you guys, but the first one even will open in Panzhihua in the very near future. We already have three KFCs and a Pizza Hut.

Oh, and a German restuaraunt! It was real German food. God, I have a new favorite restaurant, I'll eat there every time I go downtown from now on (except if I feel like going to McDonalds, Pizza Hut or KFC but the German restaurant'll be the top of the list upwards of 85% now).

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I go all the time. Of course, my options are pretty limited here in China, and it's one of the only western options near my house. 

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Just once. It was immaculate. :wub:

There's one in the airport in Kunming. I went there on my way to Thailand.

Oh, I never told you guys, but the first one even will open in Panzhihua in the very near future. We do have three KFCs and a Pizza Hut.

what are your favorite items not on US menus?

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

I dunno. I go there so infrequently that I deliberately ignore the options not on US menus. I crave madly US food, it's the entire point of going.

• Like 1

I go once or twice a week and get an unsweet tea and double cheeseburger no bun.  Usually after diving when I want something quick for lunch.

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

My wife likes this "German" burger. Basically a quarter pounder with a bratwurst and spicy mustard. I don't care for it.

Other than that, they like to have weird buns, like black ones, pink ones. I stick to the classics. 

And the chinese breakfast menu blows. 

• Like 1

Dunno if it's been said yet, but their Milkshakes are incredibly good. 
Only 2 better that I like are Wendys and Del Taco.  Yes, Del Taco has great damn milkshakes.  They sure brought this boy to their yard. 

4 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I thought about my original response and I take it back. Partially.

It was about sixteen years ago, the KFC in Guiyang, where I was at the time, had a Mexican chicken wrap that was really good. For the same price, you could chose either that or the Dragon Boat chicken wrap. So then one day,  i go in there wanting to get the Mexican chicken wrap and they didn't have it so I got the Dragon Boat wrap. Aw, it was awful. So then the next time after that i went in, the Mexican chicken wrap wasn't even on the menu, just the Dragon Boat one.

I haven't tried any Chinese menu options at KFC or at any of these places since. Fock it, it's out of the way and if I go, I only want US menu options.

The one exception is fruit pizza. It's been on the menu since I've been in China. I never ordered it. Give me vegetable toppings and a met or two. That's what I want. I just want US style pizza only. In China, they have all these whack pizzas, sometimes there are no good options. Sometimes one. I always get the one.

So anyway, I had this adult class and they knew I liked pizza. And a lady in the class brought a pizza in. Well wouldn't you know: pineapple, blueberry, strawberry, peach, what have you. I ate a slice to be polite. It was focking good! It's like a breakfast food. So now, if it's lunchtime, especially on days when I run late and skip or have too small a breakfast, I get the fruit pizza.

So, I changed my answer: Fruit pizza. It's the only western food that the Chinese have corrupted yet tastes good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I thought about my original response and I take it back. Partially.

It was about sixteen years ago, the KFC in Guiyang, where I was at the time, had a Mexican chicken wrap that was really good. For the same price, you could chose either that or the Dragon Boat chicken wrap. So then one day,  i go in there wanting to get the Mexican chicken wrap and they didn't have it so I got the Dragon Boat wrap. Aw, it was awful. So then the next time after that i went in, the Mexican chicken wrap wasn't even on the menu, just the Dragon Boat one.

I haven't tried any Chinese menu options at KFC or at any of these places since. Fock it, it's out of the way and if I go, I only want US menu options.

The one exception is fruit pizza. It's been on the menu since I've been in China. I never ordered it. Give me vegetable toppings and a met or two. That's what I want. I just want US style pizza only. In China, they have all these whack pizzas, sometimes there are no good options. Sometimes one. I always get the one.

So anyway, I had this adult class and they knew I liked pizza. And a lady in the class brought a pizza in. Well wouldn't you know: pineapple, blueberry, strawberry, peach, what have you. I ate a slice to be polite. It was focking good! It's like a breakfast food. So now, if it's lunchtime, especially on days when I run late and skip or have too small a breakfast, I get the fruit pizza.

So, I changed my answer: Fruit pizza. It's the only western food that the Chinese have corrupted yet tastes good.

Fock that noise. I hate when they fock with pizza.

When I go to the local pizza place, like you say, every one has weird sh!t like squid or durian or tuna or some sh!t on it. The only exception is what the call 美国 (meiguo) pizza, which I'm sure you know means American pizza. It's pepperoni. Well, not really, but it's a half ass approximation of pepporoni anyway.

We just got a dominos, and thank God, they have most of the normal American menu. 

14 hours ago, wiffleball said:

This.  I dont understand it.  Compared to real food it isnt any cheaper.  At least around here the wait in line is a good 15 minutes.  

I get it if it is in a pinch on the road.  But otherwise slide into a real establishment for a half hour.  Mcds is quite nasty.  Most of a double cheese is a cheap bun.  

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

This.  I dont understand it.  Compared to real food it isnt any cheaper.  At least around here the wait in line is a good 15 minutes.  

I get it if it is in a pinch on the road.  But otherwise slide into a real establishment for a half hour.  Mcds is quite nasty.  Most of a double cheese is a cheap bun.  

The MCD near me is totally renovated including a 2-station drive-thru ordering system which moves things hella fast.  Interestingly, across the street is a BK.  I tend to like their lunch menu items more but they are slow as molasses so I never go there anymore.  

We all seem to agree that the breakfast stuff is good and the lunch/dinner stuff is last resort, or edjr using his kid's happy meal as an excuse.  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I would never consider eating at mcdonalds, pizza hut, or KFC in the US. Sadly here I have few choices. 

My students sometimes say they don't like American food. I tell them they've never had it.

I really wish I could bring some American Chinese food and show them. 

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

That was my opinion 5 years ago, wait till you have kids.

1 egg mcmuffin

10 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Daughter wanted In-n-Out tonight. 

Now that sh!t is straight up crack cocaine. Nom...nom.

Its been 5+ years since I've been to Mickey D's.  I like their breakfast menu. The rest of the stuff does nothing for me. Plus if I see a McD there are usually better options in the area.  But for the most part I've been trying to cut back on the fast food and attempting to eat healthier. 

On 10/8/2019 at 9:57 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'd say 10. I have to bribe the kids with something.  When I do go I keep it to a double cheeseburger and a small coke. Their Fockin Coke is awesome for some reason. 

MDC, proven liar once again. 

15 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Daughter wanted In-n-Out tonight. 

she on facebook?

23 minutes ago, edjr said:

she on facebook?

she's not GF.

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

she's not GF.

you GFY

I'll hit it up in the AM on my way skiing sometimes.  Usually we have enough time to actually go sit down at a breakfast place but if traffic sucks we'll shoot through a MCDs drive through for breakfast.