Sign in to follow this  
bfros

trade Allen for Gurley

10 team, standard scoring league. I'm loaded at WR, not as much at RB. Got a guy who will deal me Gurley for K.Allen. Although I like Allen more, my feeling is that I need a bit more depth at RB come bye weeks and inevitable RB injuries. And until the KC backfield shakes out, I have no idea which Chiefs RB to use. Do I do it?

My team:

QB: Ryan

RBs: Kamara, Carson, McCoy, Damian Williams

WRs: Julio, D.Adams, K.Allen, T.Hill, Golloday, AJ Green

TE: Waller

2 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

What do you start? 3 WR or 2 WR and a Flex?

we start 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex. 

For points, by the end of the season I think both will be very close. Remember, as winter gets here teams run more than pass.

I'd stick to what you have. You have bye weeks for your RB on 9 and 11. Gurley's is 9 as well. Allen is 12. so you can move your flex around to make it work.

As for the KC running back, you only need to figure it out by week 9. Plenty of time to have things settle down in KC.

JMHO

17 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

For points, by the end of the season I think both will be very close. Remember, as winter gets here teams run more than pass.

I'd stick to what you have. You have bye weeks for your RB on 9 and 11. Gurley's is 9 as well. Allen is 12. so you can move your flex around to make it work.

As for the KC running back, you only need to figure it out by week 9. Plenty of time to have things settle down in KC.

JMHO

appreciate this. Nice job paying attention to bye weeks and rotational possibilities. The one thing, though, is that if there is an injury to Kamara or Carson, I'm screwed at RB....whereas I could sustain an injury to any of my top WRs (Julio, Adams, Hill, Allen, Golloday) and still be okay making substitutions. And tbh, I'm expecting RB injuries. It always happens. 

Yeah, you're kind of stacked at WR.

Player for player, I think you might be losing a little in the deal, so it's not a great trade--but I think it makes your team more balanced, so I wouldn't say DON'T do it.  Your team, your call.

4 hours ago, bfros said:

10 team, standard scoring league. I'm loaded at WR, not as much at RB. Got a guy who will deal me Gurley for K.Allen. Although I like Allen more, my feeling is that I need a bit more depth at RB come bye weeks and inevitable RB injuries. And until the KC backfield shakes out, I have no idea which Chiefs RB to use. Do I do it?

My team:

QB: Ryan

RBs: Kamara, Carson, McCoy, Damian Williams

WRs: Julio, D.Adams, K.Allen, T.Hill, Golloday, AJ Green

TE: Waller

Quickly 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Quickly 

that was my sense. I feel a regression for Allen is coming (and this is NOT a ppr league) with Williams back, Ekeler catching more as Gordon comes in, and Henry back soon. 

I think you're trading one flex for another, either of which will be sitting for Hill once he and Adams are both back. If you had a crystal ball to know who was going to get injured it might be easier but if I had to bet on any of those players getting hurt it would be Gurley actually since he already seems to have a bum knee. 

I'm not a Gurley buyer right now, so if I were you I'd hold. 

yea also think it would balance  your team at rb ,,, How did you end up with Kamara , julio, adams ,allen and hill then still get carson my god the first 4  went in the first 2 rounds in my 10 team  league