Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Why did "the people" get on Ellen's case for sitting by George Bush?

Recommended Posts

And she had to explain herself to "the people" because they were shaming her. 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/george-w-bush-ellen-degeneres-friendship

Like which "people" was upset that she was sitting next to Bush, and what was there reason?   Like I didn't think "people" liked to discriminate or hate or be mean?     Now all of the sudden same "people" are doing it and a celeb has to try to control the mob of people that disagree with sitting by someone? 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is today's society...  If you disagree with someone's politics, you can't be friends with them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s amazing how the left thinks they are tolerant. If you don’t think like them they are incredibly intolerant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Hand said:

It’s amazing how the left thinks they are tolerant. If you don’t think like them they are incredibly intolerant.

There's really not that much tolerance from anyone anymore, regardless of politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on the opposite side of this. When I was watching the game and saw them, I asked myself, why is W sitting with that dyke?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I am on the opposite side of this. When I was watching the game and saw them, I asked myself, why is W sitting with that dyke?

 

Boom...exactly....If your voice was something more than white noise, and you said that...the people would be all over you like sh!t on stick, probably threatening to kill your family and destroy your house.  

 

Why would a (former) President of the USA ever want to be seen with a piece of garbage mutation like Ellen?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There's really not that much tolerance from anyone anymore, regardless of politics.

I have seen many people say they have cut ties with friends and family if they voted for Trump. I don’t recall anyone doing that for any other politician.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Hand said:

I have seen many people say they have cut ties with friends and family if they voted for Trump. I don’t recall anyone doing that for any other politician.

I've heard stories about some doing that and I find it a bit ridiculous.  I'm guessing most of those relationships were on the fence already though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s only liberals that are upset. But what else is new. They are always upset over something 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only reason I can think of would be if Bush was anti-LGBT. I don't remember what his opinion was on that stuff. Other than that, I've always said he was a bad president but a cool guy. I'd have a beer with him any day of the week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obama was against gay marriage. But that's ok because he's black and stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Obama was against gay marriage. But that's ok because he's black and stuff. 

Early on in his career he was.  And Trump was pro choice up until the day before he went down the elevator. Point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Observer said:

Early on in his career he was.  And Trump was pro choice up until the day before he went down the elevator. Point?

Early on in his career? Like when he ran for president? Man, you really need to start paying attention to what's going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Early on in his career he was.  And Trump was pro choice up until the day before he went down the elevator. Point?

Other things Trump opposed include deficit spending, meeting with enemies w/out preconditions, executive orders and golfing. :thumbsup: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Early on in his career? Like when he ran for president? Man, you really need to start paying attention to what's going on. 

I've changed my mind on a lot of social issues too. It's called growing up and opening your mind.  You're trying desperately to make a 'but Obama' point, but you're looking like a fool.  :wave:  It must be hard when I come back. I continually take you behind the tool shed.

Any thoughts on Trump suddenly becoming pro life?   I bet not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Other things Trump opposed include deficit spending, meeting with enemies w/out preconditions, executive orders and golfing. :thumbsup: 

🤣

It's easier to be fooled than to admit you've been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There's really not that much tolerance from anyone anymore, regardless of politics.

Let’s just stick with this incident. Were there any conservatives pressuring GW to explain himself?

Of course not. It’s absurd to think liberals doesn’t own the intolerance title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Observer said:

I've changed my mind on a lot of social issues too. It's called growing up and opening your mind.  You're trying desperately to make a 'but Obama' point, but you're looking like a fool.  :wave:  It must be hard when I come back. I continually take you behind the tool shed.

Any thoughts on Trump suddenly becoming pro life?   I bet not.

You made the claim it was "early" in his career. And I'm the one who looks foolish? Ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You made the claim it was "early" in his career. And I'm the one who looks foolish? Ok. 

I asked what Bush's stance was on LGBT rights. Thinking that's the only reason I could see for Ellen not wanting to sit by him. Then went on to compliment him.   For some reason (force of habit, I suppose) you did a 'but Obama'.  You have a mental issue there.  Hope you get it figured out. It doesn't even allow you to have normal conversations anymore. #gethelp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Observer said:

I asked what Bush's stance was on LGBT rights. Thinking that's the only reason I could see for Ellen not wanting to sit by him. Then went on to compliment him.   For some reason (force of habit, I suppose) you did a 'but Obama'.  You have a mental issue there.  Hope you get it figured out. It doesn't even allow you to have normal conversations anymore. #gethelp

It didn’t take you long to start insulting people. What’s the over/ under on how many days you last before getting banned again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why didnt anyone from the right complain about GB sitting with an openly gay female?

Oh yeah thats right, cause we don't get crazy like some

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Hand said:

It didn’t take you long to start insulting people. What’s the over/ under on how many days you last before getting banned again?

You're asking me how long it'll take for someone on the right to get soft and not want any opposition. It's hard to predict. I get insulted 10:1 everyday compared to insults I give. I don't report. I'm a man.

If I upset you, report me. Pretty simple. I belong to many messageboards and social media sites. Makes no difference to me. I chat every day. Whether it's here or not. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Why didnt anyone from the right complain about GB sitting with an openly gay female?

Oh yeah thats right, cause we don't get crazy like some

LOL  Says the party defending a baker who thinks he'll catch the gay if he makes a wedding cake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

It didn’t take you long to start insulting people. What’s the over/ under on how many days you last before getting banned again?

GB the ignore feature...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You're asking me how long it'll take for someone on the right to get soft and not want any opposition. It's hard to predict. I get insulted 10:1 everyday compared to insults I give. I don't report. I'm a man.

If I upset you, report me. Pretty simple. I belong to many messageboards and social media sites. Makes no difference to me. I chat every day. Whether it's here or not. 😎

Dude, you get banned from many sites and to get banned several times from this one says a lot about you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rats all come out when Newbs is back. Slamming the report button hard and fast. I’m telling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

LOL  Says the party defending a baker who thinks he'll catch the gay if he makes a wedding cake.

I dont understand your point

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

I dont understand your point

It’s Newbie, of course we don’t understand him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Hand said:

It’s Newbie, of course we don’t understand him. 

Pretty much summed it up perfectly...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, avoiding injuries said:

It doesn’t help when every post is quoted and responded to. 

Yeah that is the only drawback of the feature...

But eliminating some posts are better than none IMO...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Hand said:

Dude, you get banned from many sites and to get banned several times from this one says a lot about you. 

How many times do I have to repeat myself?  I'm the same online as in real life. I start nothing, but will never take sh*t. I've been banned from bars and messageboards. And I doubt there the last times. Although haven't been banned from a bar in 20 years. Small town. People learn. ;)    And yes, I agree. It says a lot about me. Wouldn't change a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

How many times do I have to repeat myself?  I'm the same online as in real life. I start nothing, but will never take sh*t. I've been banned from bars and messageboards. And I doubt there the last times. Although haven't been banned from a bar in 20 years. Small town. People learn. ;)    And yes, I agree. It says a lot about me. Wouldn't change a thing.

And there is the problem.....thinking you don’t start anything. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The left is disgustingly intolerant.  Shame she had to 'explain herself'.  Normal people get it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I dont understand your point

makes sense...its a very well known straight forward point that doubts your silly "we don't get crazy" post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

makes sense...its a very well known straight forward point that doubts your silly "we don't get crazy" post.

That a baker was afraid of "catching the ghey"?  That was a real thing?  Honest question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I asked what Bush's stance was on LGBT rights. Thinking that's the only reason I could see for Ellen not wanting to sit by him. Then went on to compliment him.   For some reason (force of habit, I suppose) you did a 'but Obama'.  You have a mental issue there.  Hope you get it figured out. It doesn't even allow you to have normal conversations anymore. #gethelp

You didn't ask. You stated he was anti LGBT. Nice try.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You didn't ask. You stated he was anti LGBT. Nice try.  

Quote

Only reason I can think of would be if Bush was anti-LGBT. I don't remember what his opinion was on that stuff.

Ouch

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

Let’s just stick with this incident. Were there any conservatives pressuring GW to explain himself?

Of course not. It’s absurd to think liberals doesn’t own the intolerance title. 

I haven't seen any.  Does GW have the kind of following that Ellen currently has though?  That explains it to me but that doesn't excuse them for being morons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was replying to supermike, to a particular back and forth series of responses.  I dont know all of the motivations of the baker.  I know I disagree with him and the ruling.  He should have made the cake.  The right was fired up about this case.  Newbs point about that replying to supermike is pretty clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×