Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Why did "the people" get on Ellen's case for sitting by George Bush?

And she had to explain herself to "the people" because they were shaming her. 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/george-w-bush-ellen-degeneres-friendship

Like which "people" was upset that she was sitting next to Bush, and what was there reason?   Like I didn't think "people" liked to discriminate or hate or be mean?     Now all of the sudden same "people" are doing it and a celeb has to try to control the mob of people that disagree with sitting by someone? 

It is today's society...  If you disagree with someone's politics, you can't be friends with them...

It’s amazing how the left thinks they are tolerant. If you don’t think like them they are incredibly intolerant.

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

It’s amazing how the left thinks they are tolerant. If you don’t think like them they are incredibly intolerant.

There's really not that much tolerance from anyone anymore, regardless of politics.

I am on the opposite side of this. When I was watching the game and saw them, I asked myself, why is W sitting with that dyke?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I am on the opposite side of this. When I was watching the game and saw them, I asked myself, why is W sitting with that dyke?

Boom...exactly....If your voice was something more than white noise, and you said that...the people would be all over you like sh!t on stick, probably threatening to kill your family and destroy your house.  

Why would a (former) President of the USA ever want to be seen with a piece of garbage mutation like Ellen?  

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There's really not that much tolerance from anyone anymore, regardless of politics.

I have seen many people say they have cut ties with friends and family if they voted for Trump. I don’t recall anyone doing that for any other politician.

1 minute ago, Mr. Hand said:

I have seen many people say they have cut ties with friends and family if they voted for Trump. I don’t recall anyone doing that for any other politician.

I've heard stories about some doing that and I find it a bit ridiculous.  I'm guessing most of those relationships were on the fence already though.

It’s only liberals that are upset. But what else is new. They are always upset over something 

• Thanks 2

Only reason I can think of would be if Bush was anti-LGBT. I don't remember what his opinion was on that stuff. Other than that, I've always said he was a bad president but a cool guy. I'd have a beer with him any day of the week.

• Like 2

Obama was against gay marriage. But that's ok because he's black and stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Obama was against gay marriage. But that's ok because he's black and stuff. 

Early on in his career he was.  And Trump was pro choice up until the day before he went down the elevator. Point?

Just now, The Observer said:

Early on in his career he was.  And Trump was pro choice up until the day before he went down the elevator. Point?

Early on in his career? Like when he ran for president? Man, you really need to start paying attention to what's going on. 

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Other things Trump opposed include deficit spending, meeting with enemies w/out preconditions, executive orders and golfing. :thumbsup: 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Early on in his career? Like when he ran for president? Man, you really need to start paying attention to what's going on. 

I've changed my mind on a lot of social issues too. It's called growing up and opening your mind.  You're trying desperately to make a 'but Obama' point, but you're looking like a fool.  :wave:  It must be hard when I come back. I continually take you behind the tool shed.

Any thoughts on Trump suddenly becoming pro life?   I bet not.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Other things Trump opposed include deficit spending, meeting with enemies w/out preconditions, executive orders and golfing. :thumbsup: 

🤣

It's easier to be fooled than to admit you've been fooled.

43 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Let’s just stick with this incident. Were there any conservatives pressuring GW to explain himself?

Of course not. It’s absurd to think liberals doesn’t own the intolerance title. 

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

I've changed my mind on a lot of social issues too. It's called growing up and opening your mind.  You're trying desperately to make a 'but Obama' point, but you're looking like a fool.  :wave:  It must be hard when I come back. I continually take you behind the tool shed.

Any thoughts on Trump suddenly becoming pro life?   I bet not.

You made the claim it was "early" in his career. And I'm the one who looks foolish? Ok. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You made the claim it was "early" in his career. And I'm the one who looks foolish? Ok. 

I asked what Bush's stance was on LGBT rights. Thinking that's the only reason I could see for Ellen not wanting to sit by him. Then went on to compliment him.   For some reason (force of habit, I suppose) you did a 'but Obama'.  You have a mental issue there.  Hope you get it figured out. It doesn't even allow you to have normal conversations anymore. #gethelp

Just now, The Observer said:

I asked what Bush's stance was on LGBT rights. Thinking that's the only reason I could see for Ellen not wanting to sit by him. Then went on to compliment him.   For some reason (force of habit, I suppose) you did a 'but Obama'.  You have a mental issue there.  Hope you get it figured out. It doesn't even allow you to have normal conversations anymore. #gethelp

It didn’t take you long to start insulting people. What’s the over/ under on how many days you last before getting banned again?

Why didnt anyone from the right complain about GB sitting with an openly gay female?

Oh yeah thats right, cause we don't get crazy like some

• Thanks 2

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

It didn’t take you long to start insulting people. What’s the over/ under on how many days you last before getting banned again?

You're asking me how long it'll take for someone on the right to get soft and not want any opposition. It's hard to predict. I get insulted 10:1 everyday compared to insults I give. I don't report. I'm a man.

If I upset you, report me. Pretty simple. I belong to many messageboards and social media sites. Makes no difference to me. I chat every day. Whether it's here or not. 😎

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Why didnt anyone from the right complain about GB sitting with an openly gay female?

Oh yeah thats right, cause we don't get crazy like some

LOL  Says the party defending a baker who thinks he'll catch the gay if he makes a wedding cake.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

GB the ignore feature...

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You're asking me how long it'll take for someone on the right to get soft and not want any opposition. It's hard to predict. I get insulted 10:1 everyday compared to insults I give. I don't report. I'm a man.

If I upset you, report me. Pretty simple. I belong to many messageboards and social media sites. Makes no difference to me. I chat every day. Whether it's here or not. 😎

Dude, you get banned from many sites and to get banned several times from this one says a lot about you. 

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

LOL  Says the party defending a baker who thinks he'll catch the gay if he makes a wedding cake.

I dont understand your point

• Like 1

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

It’s Newbie, of course we don’t understand him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

It’s Newbie, of course we don’t understand him. 

Pretty much summed it up perfectly...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, avoiding injuries said:

It doesn’t help when every post is quoted and responded to. 

Yeah that is the only drawback of the feature...

But eliminating some posts are better than none IMO...

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

Dude, you get banned from many sites and to get banned several times from this one says a lot about you. 

How many times do I have to repeat myself?  I'm the same online as in real life. I start nothing, but will never take sh*t. I've been banned from bars and messageboards. And I doubt there the last times. Although haven't been banned from a bar in 20 years. Small town. People learn. ;)    And yes, I agree. It says a lot about me. Wouldn't change a thing.

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

How many times do I have to repeat myself?  I'm the same online as in real life. I start nothing, but will never take sh*t. I've been banned from bars and messageboards. And I doubt there the last times. Although haven't been banned from a bar in 20 years. Small town. People learn. ;)    And yes, I agree. It says a lot about me. Wouldn't change a thing.

And there is the problem.....thinking you don’t start anything. 

• Thanks 1

The left is disgustingly intolerant.  Shame she had to 'explain herself'.  Normal people get it. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

makes sense...its a very well known straight forward point that doubts your silly "we don't get crazy" post.

13 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

makes sense...its a very well known straight forward point that doubts your silly "we don't get crazy" post.

That a baker was afraid of "catching the ghey"?  That was a real thing?  Honest question.

43 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You didn't ask. You stated he was anti LGBT. Nice try.  

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You didn't ask. You stated he was anti LGBT. Nice try.  

Only reason I can think of would be if Bush was anti-LGBT. I don't remember what his opinion was on that stuff.

Ouch

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

Let’s just stick with this incident. Were there any conservatives pressuring GW to explain himself?

Of course not. It’s absurd to think liberals doesn’t own the intolerance title. 

I haven't seen any.  Does GW have the kind of following that Ellen currently has though?  That explains it to me but that doesn't excuse them for being morons.

I was replying to supermike, to a particular back and forth series of responses.  I dont know all of the motivations of the baker.  I know I disagree with him and the ruling.  He should have made the cake.  The right was fired up about this case.  Newbs point about that replying to supermike is pretty clear.