Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Why did "the people" get on Ellen's case for sitting by George Bush?

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

almost

"If you are a liberal when you are young, its cause you have a heart, if you are a liberal when you're old its cause you have no brain"

Mines better :dunno:

I don't really care who Ellen hangs out with. And people should be friends with people even if they disagree with their politics. But honestly, her explanation bothered me a lot more than the original photo. Not because of the politics, but because of all the ridiculous name dropping. Her friend, whose dad owns the Cowboys, invited her and her celebrity wife to the owner's suite, where she sat next to a former president and secretly cheered for the Packers because she's friends with their QB. 

Everyone should have a brother or a coworker or a barber whose politics they disagree with. No individual or party or political philosophy has a monopoly on truth. But when rich people get together and hang out like all those political squabbles they get into are just a game, that's when I get offended.

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Well, I would differentiate "afraid of catching the ghey" with "had a religious objection to tacitly endorsing a ghey marriage."  But that's just me.

I dont see making a cake as tacitly endorsing gay marraige.  I see what he did as denying his business service to a portion of the community...ie discriminating.  Though I cant remember, was he asked to make a cake or just a cake with two grooms on it.  Generally if you are denying a person something based on your religious beliefs, you are probably a crap person.  

6 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I dont see making a cake as tacitly endorsing gay marraige.  I see what he did as denying his business service to a portion of the community...ie discriminating.  Though I cant remember, was he asked to make a cake or just a cake with two grooms on it.  Generally if you are denying a person something based on your religious beliefs, you are probably a crap person.  

You are welcome to that opinion but that isn't the point.  A majority of the court sided with him so it is a scenario worth debating, not "afraid to catch the ghey," which was my point, not the validity of the ruling.

6 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Generally if you are denying a person something based on your religious beliefs, you are probably a crap person.  

Why

11 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Generally if you are denying a person something based on your religious beliefs, you are probably a crap person.  

And I could also say, generally, if you are willing to sue someone for not providing a service to you because it goes against their religious beliefs, you are probably a crap person.

I am not a religious person FWIW.

15 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

So if you disagree with someone, they are a bad person?

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

You are welcome to that opinion but that isn't the point.  A majority of the court sided with him so it is a scenario worth debating, not "afraid to catch the ghey," which was my point, not the validity of the ruling.

afraid to catch the the gay, i would say, is a generalization related to reasons why people deny gay rights

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

afraid to catch the the gay, i would say, is a generalization related to reasons why people deny gay rights

And that's obviously a ridiculous statement by you.  it's just another attempt to demonize the other side without actually trying to understand where they're coming from.

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Why

Im not religious.  You are welcome to your beliefs on your time.  On business time its imposing your beliefs.

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Im not religious.  You are welcome to your beliefs on your time.  On business time its imposing your beliefs.

I'm not religious either. AT ALL. I'm also pro choice. No shoes , no shirt, no service. My business, my rules. 

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

And I could also say, generally, if you are willing to sue someone for not providing a service to you because it goes against their religious beliefs, you are probably a crap person.

I am not a religious person 

this might be true, but I have never been in the position of being denied services

7 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I'm not religious either. AT ALL. I'm also pro choice. No shoes , no shirt, no service. My business, my rules. 

your business, your rules...not quite sir

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

So if you disagree with someone, they are a bad person?

not sure what you mean relative to my post..?  disageeing is fine..denying service not fine.

• Like 1

Just now, Herbivore said:

are you registered with the chamber of commerce

No, I'm a registered American capitalist that says fock you, go somewhere else. Market decides if that's a good idea or not. Not your feelings. 

Just now, shorepatrol said:

No, I'm a registered American capitalist that says fock you, go somewhere else. Market decides if that's a good idea or not. Not your feelings. 

so you dont have a business

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

What does that private organization have to do with it? 

5 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

:lol: Oh, I'm waiting for your point. 

what?  read my last post as a question.

Just now, Herbivore said:

what?  read my last post as a question.

I did. What does it matter was the question. 

8 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

:lol: Oh, I'm waiting for your point. 

Herbivore seems to think the COC is some sort of government regulatory agency. 

2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

"was he asked to make with male genitals"?

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

just answer

You are clown shoes. You aren't answering why it matters. Because it doesn't. 

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

You are clown shoes. You aren't answering why it matters. Because it doesn't. 

just answer

12 hours ago, The Observer said:

I've changed my mind on a lot of social issues too. It's called growing up and opening your mind.  You're trying desperately to make a 'but Obama' point, but you're looking like a fool.  :wave:  It must be hard when I come back. I continually take you behind the tool shed.

Any thoughts on Trump suddenly becoming pro life?   I bet not.

most politicians dont have beliefs.  they just say whatever it takes to advance their career.  most get this, which is why coming across as authentic is such a huge plus.  there were many voters that would have voted trump or bernie but no one else, simply because they came across as authentic for repeating the same talking points for 3 decades.

I might want to sit next to George Bush if I had ebola or tuberculosis or measles or a really bad case of gas.

Why? 

Because the left is a hissy fit writ large. 

Don't like something? Resist. Boycott. Haraunge, insult, shout, and destroy.

Fock freedom. "equality" is all that matters, and of course, just like animal farm, that means some animals are more equal than others.

You cant have civil discourse anymore.

For example... I am a regular poster at a travel forum. They regularly ban people for using words that have obscure racist origins (like gypsy) even though it is a commonly accepted word and nobody is aware of the origin.

Today, some chick asked about an itinerary to go to Europe... With her four month old baby, which at the moment is still in utero.

Pages and pages of praise for “exposing your child to such wonderful experiences so young."

That is retarded of course. A four month old baby is basically a noisy, stinky vegetable. Anyone who takes such on a transoceanic flight and then drags it all over a Continent is merely a selfish doosh. I started to type it... But I knew I'd get banned, so I didn't. The lefties own most of the internet, and they don't tolerate dissent. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Reality said:

The left is disgustingly intolerant.  Shame she had to 'explain herself'.  Normal people get it. 

This sums it up

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I might want to sit next to George Bush if I had ebola or tuberculosis or measles or a really bad case of gas.

I disagreed with most of Obama’s policies. I would love and be honored to sit next to him at a sporting event (although it would probably be a NBA game 😞)

See, I have the ability to put politics aside, or at least not let them dominate my life. 

• Like 1

Those focking f@ggots were simply looking for attention. I'm glad they couldn't have cake or eat it. I hope they die of AIDS. 

The SCOTUS heard arguments yesterday regarding some f@gs that want to be included as part of the civil rights act. :lol: No way the conservative court will side with them on this and hopefully this starts a trend where we as Americans can start discriminating for anything we want like the good old days. 

8 hours ago, Herbivore said:

I have a business. I'm not registered with "Chamber of Commerce" lol. Who gives a fock.

And, my business my rules, just like shorepatrol said.  

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Why? 

Because the left is a hissy fit writ large. 

Don't like something? Resist. Boycott. Haraunge, insult, shout, and destroy.

Fock freedom. "equality" is all that matters, and of course, just like animal farm, that means some animals are more equal than others.

You cant have civil discourse anymore.

For example... I am a regular poster at a travel forum. They regularly ban people for using words that have obscure racist origins (like gypsy) even though it is a commonly accepted word and nobody is aware of the origin.

Today, some chick asked about an itinerary to go to Europe... With her four month old baby, which at the moment is still in utero.

Pages and pages of praise for “exposing your child to such wonderful experiences so young."

That is retarded of course. A four month old baby is basically a noisy, stinky vegetable. Anyone who takes such on a transoceanic flight and then drags it all over a Continent is merely a selfish doosh. I started to type it... But I knew I'd get banned, so I didn't. The lefties own most of the internet, and they don't tolerate dissent. 

Titans nails it again.  This dude lives in China and gets it, blows me away that people here don't.

10 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Except that doesnt work because if you block all beliefs on business time you are imposing atheism.  It is impossible to not impose beliefs on business time.  If you have 5 different groups at work with 5 different beliefs and 5 different definitions of right and wrong, one of them MUST impose on the others or else you have total dysfunction.  Get over it.

10 hours ago, Herbivore said:

not sure what you mean relative to my post..?  disageeing is fine..denying service not fine.

Since Mdc didn’t respond maybe you will. You would agree we should force Jews to make swastika cakes?  We should force gheys to make die phag cakes?  You should be able to force me to set up my business in Compton?  I provide a service to all Of southern Cali so I should be forced to right?

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Since Mdc didn’t respond maybe you will. You would agree we should force Jews to make swastika cakes?  We should force gheys to make die phag cakes?  You should be able to force me to set up my business in Compton?  I provide a service to all Of southern Cali so I should be forced to right?

Serious question here. Not trolling or arguing against you here.

Back in the 60s, in Ollie's BBQ and heart of Atlanta motel, SCOTUS ruled that restaurants and hotels cannot refuse service based on race.

Agree with that or not? 

(I'll go ahead and throw out that the reasoning was weak. They used the commerce clause, saying that of blacks can't eat and sleep in hotels, they cannot travel, and thus, interstate commerce is impeded.)