Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Why did "the people" get on Ellen's case for sitting by George Bush?

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Since Mdc didn’t respond maybe you will. You would agree we should force Jews to make swastika cakes?  We should force gheys to make die phag cakes?  You should be able to force me to set up my business in Compton?  I provide a service to all Of southern Cali so I should be forced to right?

I didn’t get a notification from you. But your questions are dumb beyond belief so I probably would’ve ignored them even if I did. :dunno: 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

I didn’t get a notification from you. But your questions are dumb beyond belief so I probably would’ve ignored them even if I did. :dunno: 

Your inclination to give up liberties is really appalling....

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Because I think Raiders questions are dumb? 

22 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Serious question here. Not trolling or arguing against you here.

Back in the 60s, in Ollie's BBQ and heart of Atlanta motel, SCOTUS ruled that restaurants and hotels cannot refuse service based on race.

Agree with that or not? 

(I'll go ahead and throw out that the reasoning was weak. They used the commerce clause, saying that of blacks can't eat and sleep in hotels, they cannot travel, and thus, interstate commerce is impeded.)

I agree you should not be able to discriminate based on race

however, a restaurant owner should be allowed to not serve a bunch of gang bangers, just like he should be able to not serve a bunch of Hells Angels

16 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Being a bigot isn't a liberty  hth

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

newbie throwing out catch words, what a shock

fwiw you guys created this garbage we see where trannies are dressed in drag reading to 5 year olds, 11 year old boys are stripping in bars.  Nobody believed in slippery slopes, its obviously the case with every agenda the left has pushed

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

You said yourself that discrimination for race is wrong. So why do you feel discrimination against gays is fine?

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

You said yourself that discrimination for race is wrong. So why do you feel discrimination against gays is fine?

they arent discriminating against being gay, they will make them a cake, however they have a right to draw a line at what type of cake they want to make, or it wont end

this whole cake thing was such a fiasco just to generate media attention

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

fwiw you guys created this garbage we see where trannies are dressed in drag reading to 5 year olds, 11 year old boys are stripping in bars.  Nobody believed in slippery slopes, its obviously the case with every agenda the left has pushed

Truth. I once scoffed at the slippery slope notion. I was obviously wrong. Its real and has to be accounted for. Look at how we deal with dogs now. Started out with vets with it's being able to bring a decent g most places. Now everyone can, damn near everywhere.  

12 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

please tell me how? 

I’m not sure what they have to do with Ellen, for one thing. Also I’m assuming the gay or Jewish baker has a blanket policy against making cakes with offensive symbols or slogans. Enforcing those policies is different than denying a customer service on the basis of their race, religion, sexual orientation etc. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m not sure what they have to do with Ellen, for one thing. Also I’m assuming the gay or Jewish baker has a blanket policy against making cakes with offensive symbols or slogans. Enforcing those policies is different than denying a customer service on the basis of their race, religion, sexual orientation etc. 

they weren't denied service, they were denied in being made a specific cake

they didnt walk in and say hey I am gay can I buy that cake

"No get out of here phags"

they said will you make us a custom cake representing our gayness, the owner has every right to say no

offensive slogans or symbols vary from person to person

I find nothing offensive in this world at all

you find a reason for everything to be offensive

15 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

they said will you make us a custom cake representing our gayness, the owner has every right to say no

I think this is a very lawyerly argument that wouldn’t stand up to scrutiny in court, since the cake is really no different except that there are two dudes names on it and the baker in this case is denying service on the basis of his religious believes toward gay marriage. How it would turn out depends on whether the gays are a protected class in the state. :thumbsup: 

Anyway, I still don’t see what this has to do with Ellen or wtf Ray’s point is. 

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Except that doesnt work because if you block all beliefs on business time you are imposing atheism.  It is impossible to not impose beliefs on business time.  If you have 5 different groups at work with 5 different beliefs and 5 different definitions of right and wrong, one of them MUST impose on the others or else you have total dysfunction.  Get over it.

no..we have laws

It seems some do not know the definition of the word bigot. Coming down on the baker actually makes one a bigot. 

big·ot
/ˈbiɡət/
noun

1. a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

19 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

offensive slogans or symbols vary from person to person

I find nothing offensive in this world at all

you find a reason for everything to be offensive

mdc covered this from basically my point of view..as in why I didnt respond to you

30 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Ray thinks support for the civil rights act = handing over liberties, boycotts are economic terrorism, and criticism on Twitter is a violation of the 1st amendment. 

:dunno: 

45 minutes ago, MDC said:

Because I think Raiders questions are dumb? 

No

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Ray thinks support for the civil rights act = handing over liberties, boycotts are economic terrorism, and criticism on Twitter is a violation of the 1st amendment. 

The misrepresentation might work elsewhere, but that does not sell here. You know you  are falsifying, we can speculate on why you do it, but doing it only makes you look less intelligent.

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

My favorite is when people say that if you aren't tolerant of bigotry, then you are the bigot. 😂

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The misrepresentation might work elsewhere, but that does not sell here. You know you  are falsifying, we can speculate on why you do it, but doing it only makes you look less intelligent.

You said right here that thinking a baker should have to serve a protected class is “throwing my liberties away” and you’ve said in the past that public boycotts are economic terrorism, so ...? :dunno: 

Why did "the people" get on Ellen's case for sitting by George Bush?

Wow - I was a million miles away from the answer---I figured Ellen didn't share her nachos or something like that.   

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

You said right here that thinking a baker should have to serve a protected class is “throwing my liberties away” and you’ve said in the past that public boycotts are economic terrorism, so ...? :dunno: 

No, never said anything actually, while that might be want you want to have said to justify the denial of liberties to people, I wont sit by while you pretend to know what anyone thinks or believes.

Just now, RLLD said:

No, never said anything actually, while that might be want you want to have said to justify the denial of liberties to people, I wont sit by while you pretend to know what anyone thinks or believes.

Holy irony.

26 minutes ago, The Observer said:

My favorite is when people say that if you aren't tolerant of bigotry, then you are the bigot. 😂

People don't say  that. It's a fantasy in your meathead. Now go find the one idiot in all of the internet that said that. 

Nobody shouid be denied service becisee of their race, creed, color, love of cack etc. But they also shouldn't be able to demand what goes on the menu. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

People don't say  that. It's a fantasy in your meathead. Now go find the one idiot in all of the internet that said that. 

bostonlager. About ten posts up.  When are you going to learn that I embarrass you every time you try this? Even a f*cking monkey stops going back to the place where he continues to be slapped.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nobody shouid be denied service becisee of their race, creed, color, love of cack etc. But they also shouldn't be able to demand what goes on the menu. 

Pretty sure wedding cakes are on the menu

Just now, Herbivore said:

Pretty sure wedding cakes are on the menu

And if cheeseburgers were on the menu but someone wanted cauliflower on it the restaurant could say no. You're welcome to take it home and eat it any way you like after purchase. 

Does putting same sex names on a cake require a different set of ingredients than if the names are opposite sex? :unsure: 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And if cheeseburgers were on the menu but someone wanted cauliflower on it the restaurant could say no. You're welcome to take it home and eat it any way you like after purchase. 

I don't believe there were different ingredients involved

39 minutes ago, The Observer said:

bostonlager. About ten posts up.  When are you going to learn that I embarrass you every time you try this? Even a f*cking monkey stops going back to the place where he continues to be slapped.

You clearly didn't read it or don't comprehend it, if you don't equate it with sjw libs.  :dunno:

15 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I don't believe there were different ingredients involved

So then its a speech issue. Great. We can now force people to say things? Is that what you're saying? 

28 minutes ago, MDC said:

Does putting same sex names on a cake require a different set of ingredients than if the names are opposite sex? :unsure: 

So cucks like you get to regulate what people say now? That would be awful.

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The correct answer is that there are plenty of dumb people in the world and social media provides a voice for many of them.

As does congress. Someone is electing these idiots so let's not act like it's a few internet losers. Take a look at the democratic field and tell me just a few idiots put them there. 

Hardcuck going to bat for bigotry. I thought Republicans didn’t care about gay marriage anymore? :D

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

As does congress. Someone is electing these idiots so let's not act like it's a few internet losers. Take a look at the democratic field and tell me just a few idiots put them there. 

I have a high amount of contempt for Congress.  Both sides of the aisle, though.  

40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So then its a speech issue. Great. We can now force people to say things? Is that what you're saying? 

speech?  im saying the baker should have made the wedding cake, which was on his menu, which wasnt requiring any strange ingredients.