Pearmiser

D Adams. news?

Any news if he plays this week?  My best backup is G Tate, who I don't want to play but have to make the decision TH.  

7 hours ago, Pearmiser said:

Any news if he plays this week?  My best backup is G Tate, who I don't want to play but have to make the decision TH.  

With Shepard concussed, I would just start Tate on Thursday and not worry about Adams this week.

Turf toe, even if he playes, he’s going to suffer. 

That’s a tough one to come from and to be as productive as he was in the past.  

Trade him now. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

Turf toe, even if he playes, he’s going to suffer. 

That’s a tough one to come from and to be as productive as he was in the past.  

Trade him now. 

lol trade him now.  Just out of curiosity, what kind of return would "Weepaws" be looking for in a Devante Adams trade?   

On 10/9/2019 at 6:03 AM, Canadianfan said:

lol trade him now.  Just out of curiosity, what kind of return would "Weepaws" be looking for in a Devante Adams trade?   

Don’t own him, but as a said, if I did I would trade him, he’s not playing again. 

Turf toe is no joke. 

Nut now the time to trade him as passed, his value now is nothing, we’ll atleast to me. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Don’t own him, but as a said, if I did I would trade him, he’s not playing again. 

Turf toe is no joke. 

LOL

It's not fun, but players don't usually go on IR from Turf Toe, either.  It's just a ligament strain from hyperextending the toe.  If he had torn the ligament completely and required surgery, then it would be a little more serious--but he didn't.

He'll play again soon... probly miss 2-3 weeks.

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

LOL

It's not fun, but players don't usually go on IR from Turf Toe, either.  It's just a ligament strain from hyperextending the toe.  If he had torn the ligament completely and required surgery, then it would be a little more serious--but he didn't.

He'll play again soon... probly miss 2-3 weeks.

LOL

He’s not playing again was for this weekend. 

Not for the entire season. 

Turf toe is no joke, but also no ir. 

But the performance level of a player playing with turf toe well be limited based on that person ability to play with the discomfort and pain related to that Injury. 

I would have had him on the trade block when it was announced that he had that type of injury. 

16 hours ago, unclemercy said:

weepaws over here with a hacksaw ready to amputate man geez.

Wanna do a bible study? 

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

He’s not playing again was for this weekend.

Ok, you meant "again, he's not playing," and I read it as you wrote it--"he's not playing again."  Fair enough.

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Wanna do a bible study? 

You wouldn't like it if we did.

On 10/13/2019 at 8:23 AM, unclemercy said:

weepaws over here with a hacksaw ready to amputate man geez.

Lol Have to admit that was funny.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Ok, you meant "again, he's not playing," and I read it as you wrote it--"he's not playing again."  Fair enough.

You wouldn't like it if we did.

I already axe you if you wanted to participate in one, and I would love it.  

Plant another seed 

Hey thanks for the reply 

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

Wanna do a bible study? 

no thanx. will read axe elf football takes if i need new light fiction.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinesprings said:

i have Davante and JuJu.....its been a banner season. geez....the odds

You want to hear about the odds against bad luck?  Last year I had 46 total leagues; 18 were managed leagues and the rest were Draft Master leagues.  The following were my most common player targets, with the number of leagues in which I owned them in parentheses.

Greg Olsen (40) - Played through his foot injury in 7 games; appeared in 2 more where he got hurt right off the bat.

Larry Fitzgerald (35) - Suffered through pretty much the worst season of his 15-year career with bad QBing.

Pierre Garcon (35) - Averaged 7 pts per game through 8 games, then out for the rest of the season.

Jay Ajayi (34) - Averaged 13 pts per game through 3 games, went down for the season in Week 4.

Chris Thompson (32) - Top 10ish PPR RB through the first month, then he got hurt and played sporadically the rest of the season.

Jordan Howard (31) - Matt Nagy turned a top 10ish RB into a barely top 20 RB.

Jack Doyle (28) - Got hurt in Week 2 and Eric Ebron went on to 13 TDs.  (Played in 4 mid-season games and got hurt again.)

Carlos Hyde (26) - Top 12 RB through 6 weeks with Cleveland, then was traded into obscurity.

Demaryius Thomas (20) - Put up disappointing, but still WR3 numbers through Week 8, then was traded into obscurity.

Jordy Nelson (19) - Never really clicked with Carr.

Doug Baldwin (17) - Never really got right from his preseason ankle injury.

Marshawn Lynch (15) - Averaged 16 pts per week through 4 weeks, 2 more scrubby weeks, and went out for the season.

Marvin Jones (15) - Out for the season after 9 games.

Kelvin Benjamin (14) - Suffered through one of the worst years for an NFL offense in recent memory, then was traded into obscurity.

Devonta Freeman (13) - Got hurt in Week 1, tried to play Week 4, out the rest of the season.

Dalvin Cook (10) - Missed 5 weeks of October.

I LIVED on the waiver wire, having to replace one or two key players after another, seemingly every week all season long.  And of course all the losses in the Draft Master leagues couldn't be remedied--no waivers or trades in those.  I think I cashed in 3 managed leagues last season (and won none), and did not cash in any Draft Master leagues.  It was pretty much the low point of Axe Elf's 25 year fantasy football career.

Back to kicking butt this year, thankfully, but 2018 was brutal.

20 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

i have Davante and JuJu.....its been a banner season. geez....the odds

Me too!  I doubt I could trade them away and I can't even cut them because they're on ESPN's undroppable list, at least last I checked.

thats awful drafting youve been exposed. am surprised only that you had running backs under 30 years old tho thats a real breakthru.

18 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Me too!  I doubt I could trade them away and I can't even cut them because they're on ESPN's undroppable list, at least last I checked.

It is what it is. the sad thing is most would criticize and say you drafted Davante, JuJu, Kittle, Rodgers .....I bet your running backs stink. Actually, no. Ekeler, Mccoy 2game stretch, James White, chris thompson gave me good/decent production and was a strength. My top four picks were/are my weak spot in ppr. 

I also have AJ green and Kareem Hunt waiting in the wings. I honestly thought this was one of my best drafts. Im an idiot. 2-4 lol

I don’t need an update on Adams, I can tell you he’s the walking dead if he plays. One step wrong and the toe flares up again. Can’t cut like normal or accelerate. It’s the hamstring of the foot.

• Like 1

Tom Silverstein‏ Verified account @TomSilverstein

#Packers with a lot of DNPs on their practice report (estimated): WRs Davante Adams (toe), Geronimo Allison (concussion/chest), Marquez Valdes-Scantling (knee/ankle), plus Darnell Savage (foot) and Jimmy Graham (ankle). No wonder they signed a WR.

He was dropped in one of my leagues! I grabbed him as soon as I could (for Watkins). The guy who dropped him is a little bit impulsive (I’ve already benefited from his impatience with Alshon earlier this season).

It may take a couple weeks for him to get back, and I will either have to drop Edmonds as my DJ handcuff or else Joey Slye during his bye week, but I couldn’t pass to the opportunity at a potential league winner. 

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

He was dropped in one of my leagues!

Was that the Bavarian Schoolgirl league, or the Greater Apes league?

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

He was dropped in one of my leagues! I grabbed him as soon as I could (for Watkins). The guy who dropped him is a little bit impulsive (I’ve already benefited from his impatience with Alshon earlier this season).

It may take a couple weeks for him to get back, and I will either have to drop Edmonds as my DJ handcuff or else Joey Slye during his bye week, but I couldn’t pass to the opportunity at a potential league winner. 

I love having owners that are impulsive in my league. 

Easy way to build a winner. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

I love having owners that are impulsive in my league. 

Easy way to build a winner. 

To be fair, sometimes it works out for him. A few years ago, he bailed on Roddy White after White wasted the first half of the season trying to play through a high-ankle sprain. I was psyched to grab a guy who at that point had six straight 1,000-yard seasons. But even when he came back, he had trouble getting in sync with Ryan, and he ended up rotting on my bench until blowing up in Week 16, when no one in their right mind was starting him. He never hit 1,000 yards again and in two years was out of the league.

Do I think that will happen with Adams? No, and regardless, there's no way I don't take a flier on a guy that many people were touting as the overall WR1 coming into the year. But it is a useful reminder that sometimes the end comes quickly, and even the supposedly locked-in studs can have a lost season.

To be fair I agree, but I find it works out for me a lot also.  

Its a great way to rebuild as the season goes forward.  

Im very patient when it come to drop and adds. 

Just for that very reason.  

Happens every single season, even when it’s a 31 year old league.  

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

To be fair I agree, but I find it works out for me a lot also.  

Its a great way to rebuild as the season goes forward.  

Im very patient when it come to drop and adds. 

Just for that very reason.  

Happens every single season, even when it’s a 31 year old league.  

Yeah, I'm usually the type to hang on too long rather than not long enough. For some reason it really bothers me if I drop someone and they immediately get picked up by someone else. Although I do recall one year when Antonio Gates was absolutely stinking up the joint. I finally pulled the plug on him, and when one of my biggest rivals picked him up, I was happy because now he had to deal with the headache on a weekly basis.

21 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

Pick up Lazard.

I think he's going to stick.

How long before he gets an endorsement deal with Geico?

So any medical/PT types who can share what turf-toe recoveries are typically like? I know they often shelve a guy for longer than initially thought, because the toe is such an important part of a WR's ability to make cuts and change direction. But is it like a high-ankle sprain, where guys often rush back too early and are limited? Is there a high risk of re-injury? Or is it one of those things where, once you're back, you're back?

2 minutes ago, zftcg said:

So any medical/PT types who can share what turf-toe recoveries are typically like? I know they often shelve a guy for longer than initially thought, because the toe is such an important part of a WR's ability to make cuts and change direction. But is it like a high-ankle sprain, where guys often rush back too early and are limited? Is there a high risk of re-injury? Or is it one of those things where, once you're back, you're back?

Found this article, which was helpful but doesn't really answer my question of how limited he's likely to be once he comes back.

I would imagine that they wont have him back until he is at full speed.  Would be dumb to force him back into the lineup.