Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Wednesday non-political thread - Brainteaser

You are very right, I have been slacking---had to burn some vacation time so I've been sleeping in and doing lots of nothing, but clearly there is no vacation from this place, so:

On Monday Little Johnny leaves his house at 8:00 AM and walks to school at a rate of 95 meters per minute and arrives at school 1 minute late.

On Tuesday Little Johnny leaves his house at 8:00 AM, walks to school at a rate of 105 meters per minute and arrives at school 1 minute early. 

On Wednesday, Little Johnny leaves his house at 8:00 AM and arrives at school exactly on time.   

Two part question - What times does school start and what speed did Little Johnny walk on Wednesday to arrive exactly on time?  Answer correctly and you get to ask the next question.

All I know is once Johnny leaves I arrive and me and Mommy have about 6 hours to enjoy ourselves

:banana::banana::banana:

Just now, Strike said:

All I know is once Johnny leaves I arrive and me and Mommy have about 6 hours to enjoy ourselves

:banana::banana::banana:

What do you do with the other 5 hours and 45 minutes?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You are very right, I have been slacking---had to burn some vacation time so I've been sleeping in and doing lots of nothing, but clearly there is no vacation from this place, so:

On Monday Little Johnny leaves his house at 8:00 AM and walks to school at a rate of 95 meters per minute and arrives at school 1 minute late.

On Tuesday Little Johnny leaves his house at 8:00 AM, walks to school at a rate of 105 meters per minute and arrives at school 1 minute early. 

On Wednesday, Little Johnny leaves his house at 8:00 AM and arrives at school exactly on time.   

Two part question - What times does school start and what speed did Little Johnny walk on Wednesday to arrive exactly on time?  Answer correctly and you get to ask the next question.

How about using American? What's this meters crap? 

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

What do you do with the other 5 hours and 45 minutes?

Well, there's breakfast, and at lunch she makes me a sammich.......

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

8:20   and    100 meters per minute.

Both answers need to be exactly correct---so I can not pass this answer.   

FFS---no metrics....friggin US centric educations.   Next time I do a brainteaser I'll make sure it's on a subject that Americans know about...like donuts or shaggin Moms.  

There is no such thing as meters per minute.

The meter is the base unit of measuring distance in the metric system. Examples of scaling up and down in the metric system are kilometer, millimeter, centimeter, etc.  The second is the base unit of measuring time in the metric system.  Example of scaling up and down in the metric system of time is kilosecond, millisecond, etc.  The metric system of time does not include the "minute" (or the hour, day, etc).

The correct wording would be "meters per 60 seconds" or "3.28084 feet per minute".  Saying "meters per minute" is only something an uneducated troglodyte would say. 

15 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

FFS---no metrics....friggin US centric educations.   Next time I do a brainteaser I'll make sure it's on a subject that Americans know about...like donuts or shaggin Moms.  

Thanks. 

53 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

8:20   and    100 meters per minute.

close

I am getting 8:20 and 99.75 meters per min

the school is 1995 meters away which is the 1st factor that 95/105 share

that gets you there at 821 and 819 respectively

1995/20 mins = 99.75

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

close

I am getting 8:20 and 99.75 meters per min

the school is 1995 meters away which is the 1st factor that 95/105 share

that gets you there at 821 and 819 respectively

1995/20 mins = 99.75

You are 100% correct!   :banana:

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

School starts at 8:20am and he walked 100 meters per minute to get there on time.

I see was just just off.

I see I was an hour late, but I got it:

x = minutes

95(x+1) = 105(x-1)

95X +95 = 105X -105

200 = 10x

X=20 min. School starts at 8:20

95 m/min x 21 min = 1995m, or 105m/min x 19m = 1995m

1995m/20min = 19.75 m/min

I showed all my work. I win :banana:

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

I see I was an hour late, but I got it:

x = minutes

95(x+1) = 105(x-1)

95X +95 = 105X -105

200 = 10x

X=20 min. School starts at 8:20

95 m/min x 21 min = 1995m, or 105m/min x 19m = 1995m

1995m/20min = 19.75 m/min

I showed all my work. I win :banana:

I didn’t even do it that way. I multiplied 105x95 and divided it by 4. When that wasn’t a whole number I divided by 5 and saw the number was 1995. I then divided it by 105 and got 19. 1995 by 95 was 21

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I didn’t even do it that way. I multiplied 105x95 and divided it by 4. When that wasn’t a whole number I divided by 5 and saw the number was 1995. I then divided it by 105 and got 19. 1995 by 95 was 21

You just blew my mind. I don't know if you lucked into it, or you're Rainman :o

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

You just blew my mind. I don't know if you lucked into it, or you're Rainman :o

Somewhere in between when it comes to math. All the multiplications and divisions I did in my head. I’m stupid like that

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Somewhere in between when it comes to math. All the multiplications and divisions I did in my head. I’m stupid like that

Alright, Raintard, you get to post the next riddle.

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

if your mom and your sister are home alone, which one do I bang first?

The dog. I knocked those 2 whores out when they focked up breakfast and the morning blowy 

27 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Here is some trivia for you.  Brett Favre turns 50 today.  Who did Favre complete his NFL first pass to?

No clue bit, I'll guess Sterling Sharpe.

57 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Here is some trivia for you.  Brett Favre turns 50 today.  Who did Favre complete his NFL first pass to?

Wasn't it himself?