Sign in to follow this  
bgard72

Breida or Coleman going forward...who's the back to own?

Matt Breida and Tevin Coleman looked great Monday night.  

Which one of them do you think will produce more ROS?

A guy in my league has both....and I'm looking to try to take one of them off his hands....

Thanks!

This is looking to be a 50/50 split. I think that this is, unfortunately, only going to be changed by injury to one of the players. Whomever is left standing would be a top 10 RB.

ICEMAN

Here's my take. Shanahan runs the best RBBC for fantasy purposes. This is the same system that year after year let both Freeman and Coleman be start worthy backs in Atlanta. I expect Coleman to score more TDs and handle a few more touches (20ish), so he's the 1A and firmly in the RB2 conversation going forward. Breida will have a few less touches (15ish), and likely won't see a ton of carries inside the 5, but has the big play ability and speed that was evident on Monday night. He's more of a low end RB2 high end flex in 12 team leagues.  Mostert is a cheap grab right now if you have space. I don't think he gets more than a few touches every game, but Coleman and Breida both have injury histories and this will always be a RBBC that can produce startable assets. 

• Like 1

It’s going to be impossible to predict but if I was forced to pick one it would be Tevin. But i think both will have standalone value.

1 hour ago, bgard72 said:

Matt Breida and Tevin Coleman looked great Monday night.  

Which one of them do you think will produce more ROS?

A guy in my league has both....and I'm looking to try to take one of them off his hands....

Thanks!

They have four Rbs that can play any weekend. 

I cant trust that type of situation, roster hold yes, but really when can you trust starting one, unless everyone else on your team at the rb postion is on a bye week. 

1 hour ago, ICEMAN said:

This is looking to be a 50/50 split. I think that this is, unfortunately, only going to be changed by injury to one of the players. Whomever is left standing would be a top 10 RB.

ICEMAN

That’s incorrect.  When Coleman was out Brieda got the same split if not worse with Mostert and the other goal line back. 

It’s a committee system no matter what. 

The idea that this is a 3 or 4 back committee when Breida and Coleman are healthy is wrong. Breida maintains the same role regardless of Coleman's health. When Coleman went down they used Mostert and Wilson to fill his void. Historically this is a two back committee scheme and Monday showed that seems to be the plan in place. Wilson was inactive. Mostert had 7 carries, including the last 4 of the game in mop up duty. This is a two headed committee with a third sprinkled in rarely or to fill in for Coleman. So far this committee has produced 3 top 13 RBs in week 2, two top 24 in week 3, their bye in week 4 and two top 12 backs in week 5. Week 1 was the only bad week for this RBBC. 

Not sure why you would want to trade for either one.  I would focus my resources on obtaining someone more reliable, who you could start with confidence week in and week out, like a Patriots' RB.

3 hours ago, ICEMAN said:

ICEMAN

True that

I have Breida but I think Coleman is the one to own since I expect him to get GL carries while both get work between the 20's. 

Coleman. Just based on the eye test which I usually trust more than anything, Coleman is the more explosive back. He catches well and will get the goal line carries. 

8 hours ago, erikthebassist said:

Coleman. Just based on the eye test which I usually trust more than anything, Coleman is the more explosive back. He catches well and will get the goal line carries. 

I agree with everything but the explosive part. Did you see the opening play Monday? I don't think Coleman has that kind of speed.

1 hour ago, Brutal Brutus said:

I agree with everything but the explosive part. Did you see the opening play Monday? I don't think Coleman has that kind of speed.

Coleman was one of if not the faster back in his class.  He’s a burner.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kent said:

Coleman was one of if not the faster back in his class.  He’s a burner.  

Breida was just clocked at over 22mph. The fastest time by any NFL player in the past two years. It's not a knock on Coleman, it's just a fact about Breida

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Breida was just clocked at over 22mph. The fastest time by any NFL player in the past two years. It's not a knock on Coleman, it's just a fact about Breida

He even beat Leonard Fournette's TWO top fastest speeds in 2017.  Third, fourth and fifth that year were Martavis Bryant, Marquise Goodwin and Tyreek Hill, respectively.

Go win a bar bet with that one.

Ball Carrier Speeds

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He even beat Leonard Fournette's TWO top fastest speeds in 2017.  Third, fourth and fifth that year were Martavis Bryant, Marquise Goodwin and Tyreek Hill, respectively.

Go win a bar bet with that one.

Ball Carrier Speeds

I didn't realize Breida was that fast until Monday. I see both backs having the chance to be mid-low RB 2's or high flex plays most weeks. I understand why people are hesitant to like a RBBC with Breida and Coleman, but not all RBBC systems are created equal.  Shanahan systems seem to always produce quality RB numbers for multiple backs. One of the primary reasons we know who Tevin Coleman is, is because he started off in this same system in ATL. I think Coleman and Breida are fine talent wise, but the systems is what I buy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brutal Brutus said:

COleman ran 22.25 mph in 2015 in a game and ran a 4.39 in his pro day.  I’m not saying Breida isn’t fast.  I’m saying people are waaaaaaay underestimating Coleman’s freakish speed.  He’s faster than breida.

Win a bar bet with COleman. 

6 minutes ago, Kent said:

COleman ran 22.25 mph in 2015 in a game and ran a 4.39 in his pro day.  I’m not saying Breida isn’t fast.  I’m saying people are waaaaaaay underestimating Coleman’s freakish speed.  He’s faster than breida.

22.25 mph is slower than Breida's 22.3 mph. Also, 2015 is 4 years and few injuries ago.. Coleman is fast Breida is faster. Until Coleman tops 22.3, you can't say he's faster than Breida. 

6 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

22.25 mph is slower than Breida's 22.3 mph. Also, 2015 is 4 years and few injuries ago.. Coleman is fast Breida is faster. Until Coleman tops 22.3, you can't say he's faster than Breida. 

You said you don’t think COleman has that kind of speed.  

You don’t still think that.  

8 hours ago, Brutal Brutus said:

He’s got that kinda speed. 

19 minutes ago, Kent said:

Win a bar bet with COleman. 

40 yard time pro day /combine

Coleman 4.39

Breida 4.38

Best MPH

Coleman - 22.25, 4 years ago

Breida - 22.3 4 days ago

You said Coleman is faster than Breida. You are wrong. Breida is faster than Coleman.

3 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

40 yard time pro day /combine

Coleman 4.39

Breida 4.38

Best MPH

Coleman - 22.25, 4 years ago

Breida - 2.3 4 days ago

You said Coleman is faster than Breida. You are wrong. Breida is faster than Coleman.

A tenth of a second. Cmon.  You said he doesn’t have Breida speed.  

You’re right.  A tenth of a second. 

On any given day one is faster than the other.  Could be based on what they ate for breakfast haha.

24 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Coleman 4.39

Breida 4.38

22 minutes ago, Kent said:

A tenth of a second. Cmon.

That's a hundredth of a second difference you're arguing about, not a tenth.

But the wind velocity on Coleman's pro day was 3 mph against, while the wind velocity on Breida's pro day was 6 mph with.

Accounting for wind effects, Coleman is axually 3 hundredths of a second faster than Breida.

Axe Elf:  Settling bar bets since 1963.

Are you guys really trying to figure out who Ratface Jr. is going to play at RB each week? Look no further than Ratface Sr. to figure that one out.