Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

The New York Jets' Defense

25 minutes ago, zftcg said:

You’re taking a victory lap after that performance by the Jets D? Child, please!

If it wasn't for himself, how would we know how great he thinks he is?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

If it wasn't for himself, how would we know how great he thinks he is?

Make fun all you want, but I just went on to the FFToday Betting Markets, bought Axe for what he’s worth, then turned around and sold him for what he thinks he’s worth. Made an absolute killing. 

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

You’re taking a victory lap after that performance by the Jets D?

That's what one does after a victory.

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

That's what one does after a victory.

The only thing that would be dumber than this would be Adam Gase taking a victory lap.

For the record, nowhere in this thread did you recommend starting the Jets over the Pats this week. You recommended them as a ROS pickup. Jury's officially still out on that one, but it ain't looking good.

On 10/9/2019 at 1:54 PM, AxeElf said:

...even if you have one of the three defenses that are currently doing better than the Jets, those teams all have tough matchups coming up in weeks where the Jets could bail you out.

3 hours ago, zftcg said:

For the record, nowhere in this thread did you recommend starting the Jets over the Pats this week.

That's because I didn't write the thread for this week; I wrote it a month ago to cover the rest of the season for owners who had questionable defenses, and to cover tough matchups for owners who had one of the top defenses by providing a more attractive option.

So no, I didn't specifically say one should start the Jets over the Patriots in Week 9, but the blanket recommendation obviously implied, through the application of some basic critical thinking skills, that one should use the Jets when the Pats played a solid offense.

If you want someone to bench the Pats defense, you need to specifically say that if you want credit for it.

10 minutes ago, nobody said:

If you want someone to bench the Pats defense, you need to specifically say that if you want credit for it.

Axe Elf doesn't "want" credit; Axe Elf receives credit for all that is good about fantasy football.

49 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Axe Elf doesn't "want" credit; Axe Elf receives credit for all that is good about fantasy football.

Well, you certainly give yourself alot of credit.

58 minutes ago, nobody said:

But then he couldn't adopt the "Nostradamus method" of making vague predictions and then, when something tenuously related to that vague prediction happens, claiming he saw it coming the whole time.

I hereby predict that, this coming Sunday, an NFL team that many people are expecting to win will actually LOSE!

I'll come back here on Monday to crow about how prescient I was. Appreciate the congrats.

• Like 1

We could all fill pages of threads with the many "predictions" the Gnome has gotten wrong. I'll start he talked all season about how great Shady was going to be or currently is. You couldn't sell shady today for Marcus Mariota...