Sign in to follow this  
rickap7

Trade thought

I'm in a Dynasty Keeper can keep as many as we want up to full roster.

Looking for a #1 WR was thinking of offering David Johnson for Julio Jones.

I'm deep at RB(see profile) and being Johnson keeps getting these nagging injuries and he is in his 27 almost 28(Dec) years of age might be a good time to trade and get a #1 WR.

Thoughts....

2 hours ago, rickap7 said:

I'm in a Dynasty Keeper can keep as many as we want up to full roster.

Looking for a #1 WR was thinking of offering David Johnson for Julio Jones.

I'm deep at RB(see profile) and being Johnson keeps getting these nagging injuries and he is in his 27 almost 28(Dec) years of age might be a good time to trade and get a #1 WR.

Thoughts....

Julio's 30 years old and in his 9th season himself, so it's not like he has a lot of tread left on the tires, either.  It's probably about a push either way, so if you need a WR more than you need a RB, I guess it's not a horrible deal, but it's not as great as you seem to think it is from an age standpoint, either.

Obviously, it all depends on who is willing to move who for whom, but if you could start out trying to target a comparable but younger talent (like Michael Thomas or Cooper Kupp or Amari Cooper or even Chris Godwin) to a team that needed RB help, you might be happier with the long-term returns.

• Like 1

Thank you here another thought what about D.Adams-GB?

I'd opt for Julio.  Adams has a game manager for a QB.  While I understand it's a Dynasty league and don't know your standings, I would want to win now.  Adams is injured and is not contributing.

Help me out.

1 hour ago, rickap7 said:

Thank you here another thought what about D.Adams-GB?

Better than Julio or Godwin, not as good as Thomas or Kupp, about a push with Cooper.

• Like 1

I would be surprised if in a competitive Dynasty League, Johnson brings you anywhere near this return.  Dynasty is mostly what I play in and Johnson has an incredibly low value amongst dynasty owners.  In my leagues, he's on the trading block by every owner, but they can't get anything in return, so they're stuck with him.  In a redraft, he may have some value still, but in Dynasty, his value is that of a WR2, not a top tier WR.  I see no chance you get someone like Julio, Godwin, Thomas, Cooper or Kupp.  Not with his injury status, age and shoddy offensive line.  Even a RB hungry team isn't going to give you this much.  Dynasty is a different game altogether and people are going to look at his age and the team around him.  I can't imagine anyone in the league thinks he's going to get better next season when he's 28....