Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Gore or Singletary ROS?

Who would you rather have rest of the season, Gore or Singletary?  Do you think Singletary will get more work soon?  BUF’s remaining schedule vs the run is really nice.  

Singletary has more upside. Gore offers more consistent production. On a team that has a good record, the coaches are probably going to stick with steady Gore for a bit. If they start losing Singletary may start to matter more. Coaches aren't the best at adapting or changing, or even getting certain players involved even when it's painfully obvious to everyone else. 

Singletary is the more explosive back and for a team that has a good shot at the playoffs they will start to utilize him more.  I expect a 50/50 split for the next couple of weeks and if he keeps breaking off long runs and catching passes that split should trend more towards a 60/40 with Singletary having the ability to bust one for a longish TD and Gore getting the carries inside he 10.  But like you said, the upside for Devin is there.  Could perform at top 12-15 level given his ability and upcoming schedule if he can manage 14 touches a game.

I would hope that your fantasy season doesn't hinge upon the answer to this question--which would be about the only reason to dwell on it longer than it takes to shrug your shoulders.

I really don't think it matters much on a season-long basis.  One or the other will have some good weeks due to usage patterns, respective health that week, matchups, etc.  If I think I'm going to have to rely on one to flex in a larger league week in and week out, I'd probably go with Gore, but if I was just looking to stash a lottery ticket, then Singletary.

7 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Who would you rather have rest of the season, Gore or Singletary?  Do you think Singletary will get more work soon?  BUF’s remaining schedule vs the run is really nice.  

Everything points towards Singletary to out produce Gore. 

Only problem is Gore is on the field.  

Just depends if Singletary can stay on the field. 

Imo

If you're down to picking those two, then I would pick Gore.

Let's assume both are healthy, Gore has a low ceiling but a decently high floor. He should give you fairly consistent numbers week in, week out.

On one team I have Zeke and a bunch of low level RBs. One of these two have been my other starter every week.

Once Singletary went down I of course put in Gore and I don't see me sitting him as things are.

If you're looking for a big game and don't mind risking a dud, then Singletary.