Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Does Foles get his job back?

23 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

If mustachio keeps playing like this does Foles get his job back?  

Too early to tell.  If Mr. Mustache keeps them in games, but doesn't win them, then no.  If they are leading the division when Foles returns, then possibly. 

I agree that it's too early to tell, but I tend to think that Foles won't get Wally Pipped.  This is why I kind of shy away from advising people to pick up Minshew as a season-long solution (although he's fine as a short-term bandaid).

However, Foles is going to be on a leash the length of a hummingbird's hummer if he doesn't perform at least as well as Minshew when he returns.

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I agree that it's too early to tell, but I tend to think that Foles won't get Wally Pipped.  This is why I kind of shy away from advising people to pick up Minshew as a season-long solution (although he's fine as a short-term bandaid).

However, Foles is going to be on a leash the length of a hummingbird's hummer if he doesn't perform at least as well as Minshew when he returns.

Humming birds actually have the largest to body ratio in the animal kingdom. 

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Humming birds actually have the largest to body ratio in the animal kingdom. 

Jeez, I didn't think I would have to be educating about the birds and the bees here as well, but...

No, they don't.

I was being figurative, but in reality, birds don't have penises at all.  Both male and female birds have a cloaca, an opening through which their ovaries and testes discharge eggs and sperm.

So in terms of my metaphor, Foles' leash would be of zero length (that's really short).

Just now, AxeElf said:

Jeez, I didn't think I would have to be educating about the birds and the bees here as well, but...

No, they don't.

I was being figurative, but in reality, birds don't have penises at all.  Both male and female birds have a cloaca, an opening through which their ovaries and testes discharge eggs and sperm.

So in terms of my metaphor, Foles' leash would be of zero length (that's really short).

Humming birds have the largest cloaca to body ratio in the animal kingdom

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know but right now, I don't think he should.

He's past 30 and is known as a great back up, not so great a starter. They have a rookie QB who is playing great.

Let him develop and you have Foles to fall back on if needed.

14 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I don't know but right now, I don't think he should.

He's past 30 and is known as a great back up, not so great a starter.

You mean other than being the MVP of Super Bowl LII?

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You mean other than being the MVP of Super Bowl LII?

Which he did as a back up after Wentz was out

33 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Which he did as a back up after Wentz was out

He was only a back up BEFORE Wentz was out; after Wentz was out, Foles was the starter--and that's when he was named the MVP of Super Bowl LII.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He was only a back up BEFORE Wentz was out; after Wentz was out, Foles was the starter--and that's when he was named the MVP of Super Bowl LII.

Yes, I'm aware of what happened

• Thanks 1

I don't think Foles would have any problem at all being the backup. He's collecting a nice paycheck and is known as one of the best backups ever. He would keep a great attitude and he would be ready if they need him.

If Minshew keeps rolling and can avoid those disastrous fumbles, there is no way Jax can turn to Foles. So what if he is collecting a lot of money? I love a Foles, but he can't do what Minshew can do. The line isn't the best, and Foles isn't fleet of foot. Minshew has 1 pick (none since he stepped in week 1), a 66% completion rate, and a very solid 7.8 ypa. He also has two games against good pass defenses, so it's not like he has had an easy sched to lean on. 

He brings an energy that Foles just doesn't have. I'm kicking myself a bit for not grabbing Minshew in my other dynasty. I didn't want to hold 3 qbs, but that may be a mistake on my part for not wanting to roll 3 deep.