Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Help at WR, Golladay or Lockett?

Which one do I start?

I am starting Amari Cooper and DJ Chark Jr.

In my flex I have Golladay and Lockett, Robert Woods is also an option but I'm leaning away from him.

Also have Gallup but don't like the idea of playing him since I'm starting Cooper, and I have Zeke.

Standard scoring, 1 pt 10 yds, 6 pt TD, no ppr

Thanks!

OMG, I have this exact same dilemma. Except my 5th man out is Ekeler instead of Galloway.

I keep rotating every 4 hours between the 4.

I just offered a trade to someone : Chark and Bobby Trees for K. Johnson... So this wouldn't be so hard.  He hasn't answered yet.

21 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I am starting Amari Cooper and DJ Clark

The DJ Clark is dead, so you might want to get him out of your lineup--but you are right to avoid starting two WRs from the same NFL team who would be competing for stats.

Golladay is a slightly better red zone target than Lockett, who is giving up TDs to Metcalf and Dissly (not to mention Carson).  Golladay is also averaging slightly more points in standard scoring already, so in non-PPR, my choice would be Golladay (though in PPR it would be Lockett).

14 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

I just offered a trade to someone : Chark and Bobby Trees for K. Johnson...

You must REALLY be desperate for a RB; that seems like a horrible trade in a vacuum.

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The DJ Clark is dead, so you might want to get him out of your lineup--but you are right to avoid starting two WRs from the same NFL team who would be competing for stats.

Golladay is a slightly better red zone target than Lockett, who is giving up TDs to Metcalf and Dissly (not to mention Carson).  Golladay is also averaging slightly more points in standard scoring already, so in non-PPR, my choice would be Golladay (though in PPR it would be Lockett).

You must REALLY be desperate for a RB; that seems like a horrible trade in a vacuum.

My RB's are Cook, Carson, Singletary & Ekeler.

WR I have Cooper, Lockett, Chark, Fuller, J Brown & Woods

You keep saying Cook is going to go down so I thought i should plan accordingly :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

You keep saying Cook is going to go down so I thought i should plan accordingly

Herd dat.

So personally, I'd likely go with Woods.  With Cooks unlikely to play, or at least not at full strength, that's when Woods tends to step up.  Look at his numbers after Kupp went down last season, he was amazing.  The 49'ers pass rush is going to give Goff trouble, but it's also going to mean man coverage on Woods most of the game. 

15 hours ago, polecatt said:

Which one do I start?

I am starting Amari Cooper and DJ Chark Jr.

In my flex I have Golladay and Lockett, Robert Woods is also an option but I'm leaning away from him.

Also have Gallup but don't like the idea of playing him since I'm starting Cooper, and I have Zeke.

Standard scoring, 1 pt 10 yds, 6 pt TD, no ppr

Thanks!

Lockett

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

He rejected the trade, Chark and Woods for Johnson, btw.

He countered with Carson for Johnson... So I'm back to figuring out who to start again. :P

Yeah, Lockett. Chark will have  Latimore on him all day.

Smart play for Jax WR is prolly Westbrook since Lockett torched NO as a slot receiver against them.

Does your league give points for kickoff & punt return yards & td's ?

Lockett is the full-time punt returner & splits kick off returns with Penny. (questionable this week) 

There's always the chance he could break one.