Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Giants at Patriots: In-Game Discussion

Inactives

Giants: RB Saquon Barkley, LB Tae Davis, TE Evan Engram, RB Wayne Gallman, WR Sterling Shepard, OG Chad Slade, OT Eric Smith

Patriots: RB Rex Burkhead, RB Damien Harris, OT Korey Cunningham, CB Joejuan Williams, DT Byron Cowart, QB Cody Kessler, WR Phillip Dorsett

14 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

I have a feeling starting Edelman is gonna bite me in the ass this week....

I don't see how it possibly could, unless he aggravates his chest injury--but he seems pretty much over that--or gets injured anew.

It's basically just Edelman and Gordon divvying up 30 passes from Brady tonight against one of the most generous pass defenses in the league.  I'll be amazed if Edelman doesn't surpass 20 points.  I've got him locked and loaded in 12 out of 20 leagues myself.

The only mystery is whether or not Edelman outscores the Patriots' DST.

11 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

I have a feeling starting Edelman is gonna bite me in the ass this week....

I came in here to ask a wsis question about him. :lol:

I'm starting Brady but benched Edelman earlier in favor of Will Fuller. 
I hope you're wrong and he does have a great night, but the feelings of a blow out and starters resting early seem way too likely, right? 

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

I don't see how it possibly could, unless he aggravates his chest injury--but he seems pretty much over that--or gets injured anew.

It's basically just Edelman and Gordon divvying up 30 passes from Brady tonight against one of the most generous pass defenses in the league.  I'll be amazed if Edelman doesn't surpass 20 points.  I've got him locked and loaded in 12 out of 20 leagues myself.

You're prolly correct. :cheers:

7 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

I came in here to ask a wsis question about him. :lol:

I'm starting Brady but benched Edelman earlier in favor of Will Fuller. 
I hope you're wrong and he does have a great night, but the feelings of a blow out and starters resting early seem way too likely, right? 

That doesn't worry me. Belichick has been emphasizing 60 mins of football for the last couple of weeks. No taking quarters off.

But that doesn't mean they won't run in the entire 2nd half...

1 minute ago, RabidSeaCows said:

That doesn't worry me. Belichick has been emphasizing 60 mins of football for the last couple of weeks. No taking quarters off.

On the first statement, he's been doing that for a lot longer than the last 2 weeks...Seems more like the last 6 years :D

Truth on the second part, though. 
Just gotta hope Edleman gets his early. I know what you're saying. 

13 minutes ago, RabidSeaCows said:

9 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Just gotta hope Edleman gets his early.

Axually, going all ball control in the 2nd half plays to Edelman's strength.  Given that Michel kind of sucks, they're not going to be able to run EVERY down if they want to keep moving the chains and maintain possession of the ball, so every third or fourth play is going to be one of those patented quick-hitting slants across the middle for 6-10 yards that Brady and Edelman can do in their sleep.

Just now, AxeElf said:

Axually, going all ball control in the 2nd half plays to Edelman's strength.  Given that Michel kind of sucks, they're not going to be able to run EVERY down if they want to keep moving the chains and maintain possession of the ball, so every third or fourth play is going to be one of those patented quick-hitting slants across the middle for 6-10 yards that Brady and Edelman can do in their sleep.

Fine for PPR,  but I don't have him in a ppr league.  Valid point, tho.

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

Good lord is NFL Network slobbing all over Patriot knob. 🤮

Something you are well versed with, I'm sure.  (Knob slopping in general) :wave:

• Haha 1

Jones is starting to annoy me. Stop forcing the ball. He needs to calm down. 

51 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Something you are well versed with, I'm sure.  (Knob slopping in general) :wave:

It's "slobbing" :overhead:

Cool. Tate on my bench and I'm gonna lose Gordon. FML 

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I KNEW I shoulda started the Giants DST this week...

Ha, was thinking the exact same thing either that or looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...

The blueprint against New England seems to be drop everyone into coverage and just make Brady hold the ball until he gets sacked.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

The blueprint against New England seems to be drop everyone into coverage and just make Brady hold the ball until he gets sacked.

The blueprint won't come until they play a good team. After this game, it's coming. 

Sony Michel is soooo meh.

Vision, speed, elusiveness, breaking tackles, catching passes. He doesn’t do anything overly well.

Idk what the patriots saw when they used a 1st round pick on him.

20 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Sony Michel is soooo meh.

Vision, speed, elusiveness, breaking tackles, catching passes. He doesn’t do anything overly well.

Idk what the patriots saw when they used a 1st round pick on him.

Looks like he’s running in molasses, the line doesn’t really open holes, and he’s not getting goal line carries. Awesome night for Michel drafters! 🤬

3 minutes ago, uwmalcolm said:

Looks like he’s running in molasses, the line doesn’t really open holes, and he’s not getting goal line carries. Awesome night for Michel drafters! 🤬

Hey, it could be worse. You could be starting Sony and Nugent. :wall:

Just now, Thornton Melon said:

That was a TD

No diggity.  Hopefully they trust Nugent to bounce this extra point off the left goal post again.

1 minute ago, Thornton Melon said:

That was a TD

Was hoping I would get another chance to watch Michel get vultured, but I agree.

Sony Michel looks like he's trying to be leVeon Bell, but he doesn't have that kind of wiggle.