Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Brady looks like he should retire

Wow he looks terrible-an interception already and 2 BAD overthrows. Seems like NE was/is to insistent on running the ball-but maybe Big Bill knows that Brady is old and done.

2 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Wow he looks terrible-an interception already and 2 BAD overthrows. Seems like NE was/is to insistent on running the ball-but maybe Big Bill knows that Brady is old and done.

I'll bet on him winning yet another.

2 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

He does have a great team around him, I'll give him that.

True, he has always had the best receivers and RBs in the league. Every year.

3 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Wow, that fumble-he looks like he's 75 years old back there. Who is NE's backup QB?

I am. You'll see me in the 2nd half

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Boy, Brady is having a bad game and only winning by 7 at half. He must be the worst. 

Only 17-24 for 192 and a rushing TD. Where his best receiver is the great Jakobi Meyers.

Dang, he does suck.

Okay, now that we all finished watching the WNBA finals, we can settle in for the 2nd half.

The patriots are looking at an easy, no doubts, just skip ahead AFC title game appearance. However, I do think there’s a chance a long season wears down the 42 yr old QB. They have destroyed cream puffs so far and towards the end they face their gauntlet of eagles, chiefs, Texans, Bills and cowboys. It’s fair to worry that Tom feels like Rockys slab of meat by seasons end. 

Yeah I don’t think so.  

• Thanks 1

He looked fine to me. It was really windy, and his offense is decimated. He still looks a lot better than most qbs would look missing much of the oline and two of the top 3 receivers on the team. 

5 hours ago, tanatastic said:

The patriots are looking at an easy, no doubts, just skip ahead AFC title game appearance. However, I do think there’s a chance a long season wears down the 42 yr old QB. They have destroyed cream puffs so far and towards the end they face their gauntlet of eagles, chiefs, Texans, Bills and cowboys. It’s fair to worry that Tom feels like Rockys slab of meat by seasons end. 

They've had an "easy, no doubts, just skip ahead AFC title game appearance" for like 20 years now.  Sure, blame the Bills, Jets and Dolphins but the facts are the facts.  It couldnt be any easier.  Put the Pats in any other division(almost) and the fortunes would be different.  Oh well.

As for the "gauntlet" of good teams they have to still face....ummm.... like who?  The Bills?  Nah - inspiring defense but TERRIBLE offense.  Texans?  Pretenders every year.  Chiefs?  Yeah, right.  They have ONE good player.  Maybe.  Mahomes is a fantasy machine and thats about it.  Cowboys?  Whos buying their BS this year...again???  They're an 8-8 team at best and collapse when they play anyone good.  Eagles?  What?  Please.

The entire league sucks so reality says NE will finish 16-0, blow out their playoff opponents and cruise to a 7th SB title without breaking a sweat.  Yawn.  Boring.  Wake me when the rest of the league doesnt suck.  Pats are luckiest team ever.  May as well milk it.  Sorrry but this is how things are.  Eventually it'll end and then football is worth maybe watching again.

A few of his passes appeared to be off target simply because of the wind.  There were two in the first half alone that you could see the wind definitely impacted.  Gordon was injured early, leaving him with a not-fully-healthy Edelman and White.  Plus, they don't exactly have a good offensive line.  Isn't the LT a 3rd Stringer currently?  lol   I think they need to win these early games as the end of the season is a much rougher stretch and I can see them losing a few of those.  I can also see Bill B working some magic and getting Brady another WR at the deadline, or a TE.  Imagine how much someone like OJ Howard could open up that offense with his speed.....  I bet a 3rd round pick would get it done as he's wasting away in Tampa. 

11 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

He does have a great team around him, I'll give him that.

Dang. Brady only finished 31 of 41 for 344 on an extremely windy night. Only a 76% completion % to those great players around him the likes of Jakobi Meyers, Gunner Olszewski, and Ryan Izzo.  I bet they are out there right now scouting for a fill replacement at QB off the waiver wire just to get that bum Tom Brady off the field ASAP.

First half he looked drunk out there, NE homer, and you know it. And yes, you do have to be pretty darned good to play in NFL, especially NE where they don't keep many marginal players around. For instance-I can tell you're too young to remember him, but NE picked up a guy named Randy Moss when everyone else thought he was done, he did (look his name up) pretty good there, and that's not the only "washed up" player they've revived to greatness. It's the system-Russel Wilson or Phil Rivers could have those rings if they'd have played in NE. I'm not NE homer like you, just a football "observer". Now run along and have a good day.

2 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

They've had an "easy, no doubts, just skip ahead AFC title game appearance" for like 20 years now.  Sure, blame the Bills, Jets and Dolphins but the facts are the facts.  It couldnt be any easier.  Put the Pats in any other division(almost) and the fortunes would be different.  Oh well.

As for the "gauntlet" of good teams they have to still face....ummm.... like who?  The Bills?  Nah - inspiring defense but TERRIBLE offense.  Texans?  Pretenders every year.  Chiefs?  Yeah, right.  They have ONE good player.  Maybe.  Mahomes is a fantasy machine and thats about it.  Cowboys?  Whos buying their BS this year...again???  They're an 8-8 team at best and collapse when they play anyone good.  Eagles?  What?  Please.

The entire league sucks so reality says NE will finish 16-0, blow out their playoff opponents and cruise to a 7th SB title without breaking a sweat.  Yawn.  Boring.  Wake me when the rest of the league doesnt suck.  Pats are luckiest team ever.  May as well milk it.  Sorrry but this is how things are.  Eventually it'll end and then football is worth maybe watching again.

Yep kinda like pittsburg did for years, they always had easiest schedule.

49 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Yep kinda like pittsburg did for years, they always had easiest schedule.

Its happened more than once to other teams for sure but sustained mediocrity has been the AFC East MO for 20+  years now.  The Bills and Dolphins havent been good since Kelly/Marino left.  The Jets had a few spurts of decent seasons here and there but mostly have also sucked.  Hey - Give NE credit...they are taking advantage. 

1 hour ago, RoadLizard said:

Its happened more than once to other teams for sure but sustained mediocrity has been the AFC East MO for 20+  years now.  The Bills and Dolphins havent been good since Kelly/Marino left.  The Jets had a few spurts of decent seasons here and there but mostly have also sucked.  Hey - Give NE credit...they are taking advantage. 

I agree 100%. NE does have easiest conference, kinda like alabama does in the sec.

I didn't realize until yesterday how easy the Patriots schedule is this year.  Holy Shiit!  They play creampuffs for the first 8 or 9 games!  and then a few more sprinkled in the next 8 games.

No wonder they look like world-beaters.

• Like 1