@bal w

@phi w?

dal w

@hou w

KC w?

@cin w

buf w

mia LOL

if they were gonna go undefeated, this would be the schedule to do it for sure.  no juggernaut in the AFC and the really good teams in the NFC are in the other 3 divisions that the pats arent playing.  might happen!

• Haha 2

My Boys got this one!

even though we could lose to the Jets lol

Possible but I see 5-6 games on that remaining schedule that they could lose. Law of averages says they have a bad week at least once during that stretch.

There are 4 teams there that could win. Not unless all of their offensive weapons come back before the schedule gets harder after next week. 

Easiest schedule in the NFL this year, so yeah, seems plausible.....

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

Can we wait until they play just one team that isn't horrible or a quarterback that isn't a backup or a rookie?

I think they will be in the playoffs so we have to wait until that happens.....

Probably, when you have the greatest qb and coach in the history of the game along with a really really really great, maybe legendary defense,  it gives you a chance. 

The Giants have no pass rush. The Giants were getting there last night. Pats need to get that figured out.  

Umm, no.  Defense is solid. Lots of playmakers and they are built to stop a Chiefs team.

Offense is struggling.  Lack of playmakers at WR who can get separation.  The line is a mess.  Left tackle is really bad and the hope that Wynn comes back from IR and contributes is not based in reality.  What has the kid done so far to warrant that hope.

TE is a mess as well.  If they could coax Gronk into coming back (< 5%), then they might be in better shape.  Probably a trade coming for a WR, but I still think that line is the problem as, if you can get to Brady with just 4 rushers, you can beat them. 

This part of the schedule is full of cupcakes.  It gets tougher on the back half with 5 legit games (@ Ravens, @ Eagles, Cowboys, @ Texans, Chiefs).

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

We will almost certainly see a winless team this year I think. 

The possibility is there, but with them all playing each other, I don't think it will happen...

Dolphins play Redskins, Jets (x2), Bengals
Jets play Dolphins (x2), Bengals, Redskins
Bengals play Jets, Dolphins
Redskins play Dolphins, Jets

18 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Probably not.  A hobbled Giants team gave em a decent test last night. 

Pats won by 21. With receivers the likes of Jakobi Meyers,  Gunner Olszewski, and Ryan Izzo. 

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Giants have no pass rush. The Giants were getting there last night. Pats need to get that figured out.  

Maybe the Pats can coax MDC's wife out of retirement to play o-line?

• Haha 1

They'll lose a few, that offense isn't great.  They'll be the 1 seed though, I think the AFC is down this year.  I'm not convinced the NFC is great either though.

Bottom line, Pats could win it all this year.  I don't think they are a great team but, I'm not sure there is a better team out there.

16 minutes ago, sderk said:

Pats won by 21. With receivers the likes of Jakobi Meyers,  Gunner Olszewski, and Ryan Izzo. 

The Giants hung with them for 3 quarters with a 3rd string RB replacing Barkley, who’s a top 5 offensive player in the league.   They were also without heir second best offensive player Evan Engram 

They also had a rookie QB who completed half his passes and threw 3 picks.  

Even still, they had a real shot at winning that game going into the 4th quarter.  

even the 85 bears lost a game.

11 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

The Giants hung with them for 3 quarters with a 3rd string RB replacing Barkley, who’s a top 5 offensive player in the league.   They were also without heir second best offensive player Evan Engram 

They also had a rookie QB who completed half his passes and threw 3 picks.  

Even still, they had a real shot at winning that game going into the 4th quarter.  

And also without their #1 receiver.  Pat's best player last night was the rookie QB from the other team. Take away the defense TDs and the Pats pulled out a squeaker. And this was at home.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

And also without their #1 receiver.  Pat's best player last night was the rookie QB from the other team. Take away the defense TDs and the Pats pulled out a squeaker. And this was at home.  

Looks like I wasn't the only one who actually watched the game. 

3 hours ago, The Observer said:

Can we wait until they play just one team that isn't horrible or a quarterback that isn't a backup or a rookie?

Game against Buffalo was a close one.  Would have been interesting to see how it would've played out if Josh Allen wasn't knocked out of the game.  Instead NE had to deal w Matt Barkley. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

Which defensive TD we taking away? 

The Patriots defensive is better scoring than many offenses in the league. 

Legendary,  might end up destroying all records.  

Fun to watch 

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Fun to watch 

Patriots offense has allowed more TDs than the D :lol:

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

Game against Buffalo was a close one.  Would have been interesting to see how it would've played out if Josh Allen wasn't knocked out of the game.  Instead NE had to deal w Matt Barkley. 

Barkley played better than Allen.  Allen had 3 picks by the time he took off on that run.  

42 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Fun to watch 

Do you want to list the QBs they've faced or should I?  Or maybe we should just skip it to save you the embarrassment.  🤣

44 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Do you want to list the QBs they've faced or should I?  Or maybe we should just skip it to save you the embarrassment.  🤣

Did those quarterbacks score more in their other games? :dunno:

You're probably right though ...they're just average at best. 

I’m hoping they go 18-1. Pats play a dull style of football and they’re totally unlikeable from the owner on down. 

34 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Did those quarterbacks score more in their other games? :dunno:

You're probably right though ...they're just average at best. 

The faced one quarterback all year who can even say he's above average. Roethlisberger.

The rest that they've faced:

Josh Rosen

Luke Falk (may get to face this future HoF candidate again next week)

Josh Allen

Matt Barkley

Colt McCoy

Daniel Jones

I actually think the defense may be underachieving with that cast of misfits across the ball.

This is the NFL....to think you can look at a schedule, and just simply go down it, and be like...

w

l

w

w

l

etc...

is dumb. 

Will the Patriots be favored in every game?   Most likely. 

Will the win every game?  Not likely. 

If picking games was simply "Well their db's can't ...or their run defense can't...  you'd see many many "experts" going 16-0 or 14-0 each week in their picks...and they don't.  

7 hours ago, sderk said:

Not to mention they missed some FGs.  Score should have been worse.

At 42 years old, Brady is probably better early in the season. Didn't look so great coming down the stretch last year. 

They'll lose.  They all lose. Nobody goes undefeated. Go Dolphins. :unsure:

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

At 42 years old, Brady is probably better early in the season. Didn't look so great coming down the stretch last year. 

They'll lose.  They all lose. Nobody goes undefeated. Go Dolphins. :unsure:

So he threw for 4,300 yards last year and won another SB and started the year out 6-0 this year and now he is going suck this year at some point?

1 minute ago, sderk said:

So he threw for 4,300 yards last year and won another SB and started the year out 6-0 this year and now he is going suck this year at some point?

He had a clunker or two last season. Vs Tennessee is one that comes to my mind. 

16 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

No way. Offense is not that good and defense will eventually get lit up 

Everyone looks great beating all the creampuffs in the league (three of those teams they place twice each).  That's all they've faced so far and all they will face for the first 8 or 9 weeks of this season. 

But one of those creampuffs even gave them trouble yesterday.  

Once they start playing some of the better teams they won't looks so great anymore.  Unfortunately for the rest of the NFL, the Patriots schedule is almost all creampuffs this year.  No way they make it to the super bowl, though. The better teams - who they WILL face in the playoffs - will make them look like pretenders.

They'll rest all their starters in week 17 against Miami and their backups will still win by 20.

9 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Everyone looks great beating all the creampuffs in the league (three of those teams they place twice each).  That's all they've faced so far and all they will face for the first 8 or 9 weeks of this season. 

But one of those creampuffs even gave them trouble yesterday.  

Once they start playing some of the better teams they won't looks so great anymore.  Unfortunately for the rest of the NFL, the Patriots schedule is almost all creampuffs this year.  No way they make it to the super bowl, though. The better teams - who they WILL face in the playoffs - will make them look like pretenders.

Yes that happens every year, cream puff schedule then bam ..exposed in the playoffs.  

Great point. You're a smart fella

They've made a collection of rookie and backup quarterbacks look like rookies and backups.  

And they better figure out that offensive line. Brady is still accurate with his arm and sharp with his mind at 42, but he still an old man and he's one hit away from being done.  Seems like he's taking more hits this year than I can remember in a long time. He can't absorb the same hits that a 25 year old QB can.