Jump to content
riversco

will the 2019 patriots go undefeated?

Recommended Posts

The Patriots have the #1 defense in the NFL.  Their top 2 leading tacklers on that defense are LB Jamie Collins and CB Devin McCourty.  Both players were starters on the 2017 Browns that went 0-16. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, riversco said:

The Patriots have the #1 defense in the NFL.  Their top 2 leading tacklers on that defense are LB Jamie Collins and CB Devin McCourty.  Both players were starters on the 2017 Browns that went 0-16. 

Well, with that being said, the Patriots entire schedule is filled with creampuffs and bottom-of-the-standings teams that are not even competitive.  Out of their entire schedule, there's about 4 or 5 games where it might be competitive.  Any team with the Patriots schedule would have the #1 DEF in the league.  Thru the first 7 weeks the teams the Pats have played have a combined 11-31 record.  That's utterly ridiculous. 

I have no idea if the Patriots are actually any good because all they've been doing is beating up on teams that couldn't beat a college team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. shut up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, riversco said:

The Patriots have the #1 defense in the NFL.  Their top 2 leading tacklers on that defense are LB Jamie Collins and CB Devin McCourty.  Both players were starters on the 2017 Browns that went 0-16. 

Devin McCourty has never played for any other team but the Patriots.

Maybe you meant Jason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Devin McCourty has never played for any other team but the Patriots.

Maybe you meant Jason?

Oops, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe 18-1..................Dak is coming. :ninja:.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Patriots only have 1 game left on their schedule against a team with a strong pass rush:  the Bills. 

The Patriots last home loss was October 1st, 2017, 33-30 to the Panthers.  They have won 16 straight at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, riversco said:

The Patriots only have 1 game left on their schedule against a team with a strong pass rush:  the Bills. .

Dallas has 4 more sacks than BUF this year.

We can rush the passer (especially with Quinn) - we just can't stop the run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They legit haven't played a single NFL team yet.

 

8    Sun, Oct 27    Cleveland                    
9    Sun, Nov 3    Baltimore                    
10    BYE WEEK                        
11    BYE WEEK                        
12    Sun, Nov 24    @Dallas                    
13    Sun, Dec 1    @Houston                    
14    Sun, Dec 8    Kansas City                    
15    BYE WEEK                        
16    BYE WEEK                    
17    BYE WEEK                    
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 12:55 AM, riversco said:

will the 2019 patriots go undefeated?

Until they lose, yes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Dallas has 4 more sacks than BUF this year.

We can rush the passer (especially with Quinn) - we just can't stop the run.

Ok I was wrong I'll give credit to the Dallas pass rush. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, edjr said:

They legit haven't played a single NFL team yet.

 

8    Sun, Oct 27    Cleveland                    
9    Sun, Nov 3    Baltimore                    
10    BYE WEEK                        
11    BYE WEEK                        
12    Sun, Nov 24    @Dallas                    
13    Sun, Dec 1    @Houston                    
14    Sun, Dec 8    Kansas City                    
15    BYE WEEK                        
16    BYE WEEK                    
17    BYE WEEK                    
 

So dumb 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look on the bright side.  If they go undefeated and 19-0 this time, I bet both Brady and Belichick hang it up.  Nothing left to prove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, drobeski said:

So dumb 

Maybe, but he's 100% accurate.

Put it this way, if you gave the Pats schedule to any other team in the league they would also be 7-0 and have they best defense in the league.  When you play creampuffs, you look real, real good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, riversco said:

Look on the bright side.  If they go undefeated and 19-0 this time, I bet both Brady and Belichick hang it up.  Nothing left to prove.

They would still love to win one without the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Maybe, but he's 100% accurate.

Put it this way, if you gave the Pats schedule to any other team in the league they would also be 7-0 and have they best defense in the league.  When you play creampuffs, you look real, real good.

Everyone of those teams would have had to face the pats under your scenario,  therefore they'd have one loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Everyone of those teams would have had to face the pats under your scenario,  therefore they'd have one loss. 

Negative.  They'd be undefeated.  The Pats are nothing but pretenders at this point.  The only reason they look so dominant is because they're basically playing against high school teams.

They COULD be good, but we won't know until they actually play a team that hasn't given up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Negative.  They'd be undefeated.  The Pats are nothing but pretenders at this point.  The only reason they look so dominant is because they're basically playing against high school teams.

They COULD be good, but we won't know until they actually play a team that hasn't given up.

:lol: good one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Negative.  They'd be undefeated.  The Pats are nothing but pretenders at this point.  The only reason they look so dominant is because they're basically playing against high school teams.

They COULD be good, but we won't know until they actually play a team that hasn't given up.

So are you saying they might not be a good team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

So are you saying they might not be a good team?

Nah ...average 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, edjr said:

They legit haven't played a single NFL team yet.

 

8    Sun, Oct 27    Cleveland                    
9    Sun, Nov 3    Baltimore                    
10    BYE WEEK                        
11    BYE WEEK                        
12    Sun, Nov 24    @Dallas                    
13    Sun, Dec 1    @Houston                    
14    Sun, Dec 8    Kansas City                    
15    BYE WEEK                        
16    BYE WEEK                    
17    BYE WEEK                    
 

They beat the still-with-Roethlisberger Steelers  badly and found a way to eek it out against Buffalo on the road. Those were impressive wins. Even when a bad team, like their other wins, arrive you still have to show up. But yeah, you've highlighted some potential second half stumbling blocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

So are you saying they might not be a good team?

I have no idea.  They could be good.  They could be average.  Who knows so far?  All they've played is creampuffs this year.   It's hard to tell how good they really are until they play, y'know, actual professional teams and/or teams with a better record than 0-7, 1-6 or 2-5.

Think of it as the Patriots are a transgendered dude competing in women's sports and "dominating".   In fact, that's the perfect analogy.  The Pats are transgendered.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I have no idea.  They could be good.  They could be average.  Who knows so far?  All they've played is creampuffs this year.   It's hard to tell how good they really are until they play, y'know, actual professional teams and/or teams with a better record than 0-7, 1-6 or 2-5.

Think of it as the Patriots are a transgendered dude competing in women's sports and "dominating".   In fact, that's the perfect analogy.  The Pats are transgendered.  :lol:

If they’re transgendered, it’s in a not-yet-Caitlyn Jenner 1976 sort of way.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I have no idea.  They could be good.  They could be average.  Who knows so far?  All they've played is creampuffs this year.   It's hard to tell how good they really are until they play, y'know, actual professional teams and/or teams with a better record than 0-7, 1-6 or 2-5.

Think of it as the Patriots are a transgendered dude competing in women's sports and "dominating".   In fact, that's the perfect analogy.  The Pats are transgendered.  :lol:

Well if that's the case they might as well change their name to Aaron 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Well if that's the case they might as well change their name to Aaron 

Aaron Carter?  Sure!  Why not.  I guess that makes the Pats the NFL's version of a sugary sweet, androgynous Boy Band!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week here, at Baltimore, is a good week to pick up an L. I won't say they will, I'd say the Pats are the favorites. I think they'll be favorites in every game all year, but games like this on the road against solid teams are just the sort of landmines that derail perfect seasons.

They picked up quality wins at home vs Pitt and on the road vs Buff, but a lot of this 8-0 has been taking care of business vs teams that aren't very good. NEP at Baltimore, both in midseason form, is going to be one of the top games this regular season has to offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This week here, at Baltimore, is a good week to pick up an L. I won't say they will, I'd say the Pats are the favorites. I think they'll be favorites in every game all year, but games like this on the road against solid teams are just the sort of landmines that derail perfect seasons.

They picked up quality wins at home vs Pitt and on the road vs Buff, but a lot of this 8-0 has been taking care of business vs teams that aren't very good. NEP at Baltimore, both in midseason form, is going to be one of the top games this regular season has to offer.

34-6 and another Harbaugh crying episode.  2nd year QBs dont beat Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, drobeski said:

34-6 and another Harbaugh crying episode.  2nd year QBs dont beat Bill

I dont think Belichick has lost to any QB left on the schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, drobeski said:

34-6 and another Harbaugh crying episode.  2nd year QBs dont beat Bill

I'll be real impressed if NE wins this game on the road with Harbaugh coming of a bye week. :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

List of QBs NE has faced off with this year:

PIT - Roethlisberger

MIA - Rosen/Fitzpatrick

NYJ - Luke Faulk

BUF - J. Allen/M. Barkley

WAS - C. McCoy

NYG - D. Jones

NYJ - Darnold

CLE - Mayfield

 

Not to suggest BAL is any kind of powerhouse, but for sure L. Jax will present the Pats with a legit threat and challenge for the 1st time since week 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

List of QBs NE has faced off with this year:

PIT - Roethlisberger

MIA - Rosen/Fitzpatrick

NYJ - Luke Faulk

BUF - J. Allen/M. Barkley

WAS - C. McCoy

NYG - D. Jones

NYJ - Darnold

CLE - Mayfield

 

Not to suggest BAL is any kind of powerhouse, but for sure L. Jax will present the Pats with a legit threat and challenge for the 1st time since week 1.

Well in all fairness:

- Roethlisberger was sort of damaged goods

- Most of the NFL has shitty QB's

The Patriots defense is sort of built this year to stop teams like Baltimore, Houston and KC (mobile QB's), so let's see what happens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will they go undefeated?  As long as they are playing creampuffs they will:

Opponents Combined Record (of contending teams) thru the first 8 games of 2019:

NE (8-0): 14-42

SF (7-0): 16-35

GB (7-1): 30-29-1

NO (7-1): 32-28-1

KC (5-3): 34-25-1

Up next on the Patriots schedule is Girl Scout Troop 239, I believe.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Patriots have not lost 3 in a row since 2002.  17 years.  They lost @Chargers, @Dolphins, Packers and then Broncos for 4 straight losses.  The winning QBs were Drew Brees, Jay Fiedler, Bret Favre, and Brian Griese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 9:41 AM, Voltaire said:

This week here, at Baltimore, is a good week to pick up an L. I won't say they will, I'd say the Pats are the favorites. I think they'll be favorites in every game all year, but games like this on the road against solid teams are just the sort of landmines that derail perfect seasons.

They picked up quality wins at home vs Pitt and on the road vs Buff, but a lot of this 8-0 has been taking care of business vs teams that aren't very good. NEP at Baltimore, both in midseason form, is going to be one of the top games this regular season has to offer.

It’s definitely the greatest test they have faced (sorry, Buffalo).

But Lamar Jackson is exactly the kind of QB that belichick works his magic on. Bottle him up on the ground and make him beat you in traditional passing situations through the air—against probably the best secondary in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s definitely the greatest test they have faced (sorry, Buffalo).

But Lamar Jackson is exactly the kind of QB that belichick works his magic on. Bottle him up on the ground and make him beat you in traditional passing situations through the air—against probably the best secondary in the league.

Well, to be honest, bottling up running QBs has always been the obvious answer.  There is no magic to understand.  Running QBs run to cover up the fact they don't have good passing skills (see Vick, Kaepernick, etc..).   These QBs get exposed pretty quickly and teams catch on.  Good QBs run to supplement their passing game, not run to cover up their passing game.  If I want to pay someone to run, I'll hire a RB, not a QB.  I hate these types of QBs.

Russel Wilson is the only rarity to this example that I can think of with both the running AND passing skills - and he even doesn't run that much anymore.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a lifelong Bills fan I hate the Patriots with the intensity of a thousand (jealous) suns. 

I must say, though, that reading how their defeat of the LAR was somehow racist and got BLM/SJW panties in a bunch at least will help me tolerate another Super Bowl victory.  Don't get me wrong... Fock the Patriots.  Just looking for a silver lining a la Bobby Knight's infamous quote about being raped. 

GO BILLS! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DonS said:

As a lifelong Bills fan I hate the Patriots with the intensity of a thousand (jealous) suns. 

I must say, though, that reading how their defeat of the LAR was somehow racist and got BLM/SJW panties in a bunch at least will help me tolerate another Super Bowl victory.  Don't get me wrong... Fock the Patriots.  Just looking for a silver lining a la Bobby Knight's infamous quote about being raped. 

GO BILLS! 

Yeah, when it comes down to it, I'll be rooting for the Pats. Making libtards upset is fun. Tom Brady and Kraft love Trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×