Sign in to follow this  
Mile High Magic

Kareem Hunt

He has been on waivers all year so what week would you target him. I am thinking next week before the bye as a stash. Hard though because we have a short bench. Just don't know if he will be worth it.

Trying to decide if it's time to move Chubb. Worried about how much production Hunt will take away...

Chubb deserves the job.  He's doing well without a good line in front of him and a struggling QB.  Hunt is a darn good player though, so it will be interesting to see how this is handled.  Is Hunt one of the GM's "boys" or will they let Chubb maintain the workload he's been receiving?

Hunt is Dorsey's guy. Chubb is Coach Kitchens guy and he loves him. I wouldn't worry about Chubb. Watch a Browns game and focus on the snaps Hilliard and others are in the game. Those will go to hunt. 

Hunt is a very talented player, he’s going to bite into  Chubbs usage. 

But just how much , only the Lord can say. 

But if Hunt comes out and is having a very good game it would be hard to remove him, so game situations I’m sure will dictate their usage. 

It’s a touch situation. 

Having two excellent RBs is the kind of thing a good, well coached team would make the most of, and it's the kind of thing a bad, poorly coached team would make a mess of.

Which one do you think describes the Browns?

If you watch Browns games you would see that Chubb's work is already cut into. For example he only was in on 69% of the snaps. The other 31% went to Hilliard and whoever else. Those snaps will go to Hunt eventually, probably not until week 12. If say Hunt turns his five carries into 80 yards and a touchdown and Chubb is getting stuffed, that would probably change the situation in that game, but you can say that about a lot of players. Chubb owners should worry more about Baker and the offense then Hunt.

4 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Having two excellent RBs is the kind of thing a good, well coached team would make the most of, and it's the kind of thing a bad, poorly coached team would make a mess of.

Which one do you think describes the Browns?

Lol. 

Great post. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mile High Magic said:

He has been on waivers all year so what week would you target him.

The week that I lose every other viable starting RB option.

4 hours ago, Mile High Magic said:

He has been on waivers all year so what week would you target him. I am thinking next week before the bye as a stash. Hard though because we have a short bench. Just don't know if he will be worth it.

Depends on what you would be expecting in return. 

Who would it be that you would be giving up for Hunt?  

I don't own Hunt in any league, but the owners in some of my leagues are doing their best to hype him up for a trade.  One guy posted on the league message board he would part with Hunt for nothing short of a mid WR2.  I'm not even certain what that is, but in no way would I be parting with a decent player, or any player, for Hunt this season.  I'm not 100% sold he's going to see the field a ton, and when he does, it likely isn't going to be enough to make him fantasy relevant on a weekly basis.  A guy who has one good game, followed by a horrible game, does you no good as he's typically on your bench when he blows up. 

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I don't own Hunt in any league, but the owners in some of my leagues are doing their best to hype him up for a trade.  One guy posted on the league message board he would part with Hunt for nothing short of a mid WR2.  I'm not even certain what that is, but in no way would I be parting with a decent player, or any player, for Hunt this season.  I'm not 100% sold he's going to see the field a ton, and when he does, it likely isn't going to be enough to make him fantasy relevant on a weekly basis.  A guy who has one good game, followed by a horrible game, does you no good as he's typically on your bench when he blows up. 

Both of the public Trade Value Charts (CBS and Fantasypros) don't even list Hunt as having a trade value, while guys like Royce Freeman and Tariq Cohen apparently do. Chubb averages 5.2 yards a carry, its not like Chubb is playing like a Devonte Freeman, he is the Browns only reliable offensive player. This Hunt hype is just that hype. Everyone remembers KC Hunt. That guy isn't going to be the one that shows up week 10, especially with a team playing mediocre football.

I would be a tad worried, because in today's society its completely acceptable and even encouraged for a KHunt to replace your Chubb. 

• Haha 1

Chubb is a MAN playing some darned good football, Hunt is a WOMAN BEATER who might be fresh but doesn't deserve ANY kind of break unless Chubb is or get's hurt. Chubb-MAN, Hunt-PUNK.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I would be a tad worried, because in today's society its completely acceptable and even encouraged for a KHunt to replace your Chubb. 

If you don't want Khunt, you probly like Chubb.

That's what I love about the maturity level of this Bored: I get older, it stays the same age....

• Haha 1

If this thread matters to you, then you deserve it.  This why Chub was a DND at his draft price.  Hunt will get a significant share of snaps, and neither will be more than a flex play down the stretch. 

13 minutes ago, JagFan said:

If this thread matters to you, then you deserve it.  This why Chub was a DND at his draft price.  Hunt will get a significant share of snaps, and neither will be more than a flex play down the stretch. 

I'm bookmarking this one to remind you of your foolishness "down the stretch"

On 10/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, JagFan said:

Nick Chubb's 28 points were such a burden. He is a top 5 RB in fantasy, but I am so scared of Hunt's inevitable week 13 dominance, what should I do?

My concern is if the browns aren’t in the playoff hunt. Why not toss hunt in there and save Chubb for next year?

The way Chubb is playing, why would Hunt get any playing time? And if he did, why would anyone DREAM that he'd get more than Chubb? But then again.................we are talking about Kitchens. That guys is a 100& MORON.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

My concern is if the browns aren’t in the playoff hunt. Why not toss hunt in there and save Chubb for next year?

That would be a smart move on their part-waste the douche and save the real ballplayer.

Unlike D J , the Chubb is well worth that top five ff pick.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Unlike D J , the Chubb is well worth that top five ff pick.  

I got Chubb in 2nd round-best pick (my first rd was Barkley) in my whole draft! Hunt will probably be brought in on passing downs or to run out the clock-maybe they'll (as stated above) let him have the ball (save Chubb for after firing Kitchens next year) if Browns are 2-8 by then.

As a Chubb owner I'm thinking about making a offer for Hunt and seeing what happens.  While part of me thinks Hunt was a product of a system. Another part thinks there is no harm in backing up your stud.

Thinking about offering a trade of R. Willson  & Chubb to a team for Barkley & Minshew. He also has Stafford & Allen & I have D.Watson. longshot offer but he's in last place. 

There is a scenario where it could actually help Chubb and they are both relevant. A fresh Chubb against a whiffed defense dealing with Hunt, I like that situation. More chances for Chubb to bust big ones with that speed. He can't do that so much now being in there most of the game. It could look similar to the lethal Kamara and Ingram duo the last couple of years. Kamara with the finesse, tired D, then here comes the sledge hammer. 

3 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

I would sell Chubb.

On the trade value chart only CMC, Cook, Barkley and Zeke are ranked ahead of Chubb at RB. So if someone were to offer one of those, I would definitely sell Chubb as you suggest...

This is the problem.   I have chubb and would like to move him.  Problem is his value is toward the top and there aren't that many options out there for me.

I just see this as a further muddying of the waters in Cleveland.  Truth is they have TOO many weapons.  Hunt will help Baker but hurt Chubb and even OBJ.  That offensive line is bad, and having a great outlet like Hunt has to hurt his value.  Sad because they have a killer closing schedule. 

The beauty of this hobby is you never know. I had the room and drafted Hunt in two of my leagues super late. The layoff is concerning, him pulling up lame ala Herndon, working out by himself during practice , 🙄 but Hunt has mad skills and I am interested to see how it shakes out.  I had the luxury of stashing him - figured what the hell... why grab a dime a dozen subpar WR4 late when I could gamble and wait. 

If it doesn't pan out, eh. 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

On the trade value chart only CMC, Cook, Barkley and Zeke are ranked ahead of Chubb at RB. So if someone were to offer one of those, I would definitely sell Chubb as you suggest...

If you believe his actual value is lower then you’ll have plenty of candidates to move him for. I am not in that camp, mind you, but it’s not unreasonable 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

If you believe his actual value is lower then you’ll have plenty of candidates to move him for. I am not in that camp, mind you, but it’s not unreasonable 

I'm monitoring Kamara's status actually.  Perceived value has dropped on him.

Hunt is amazing but taking a big bag of work from Chubb, I just don't see it. For one, their line is weak. Chubb is a monster and can create his own holes at times. Hunt is not that guy. A little slower, smaller and not nearly as strong upper body. Chubb can also hold his own as a receiver. Assuming it will be 70-30, 60-40 Chubb with Hunt getting mostly passes.