Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Name something Chiner does right.

One child policy.

I would go with 2, but 2 is the limit. after #2 we cut out ya insides. Men and Women. 

General Tso :thumbsup:

They aren't afraid to discipline their children.

• Like 1

Keep the Muslims in line.....

2 hours ago, edjr said:

One child policy.

I would go with 2, but 2 is the limit. after #2 we cut out ya insides. Men and Women. 

In short: Too many males, not enough females and not enough children to care for the old people as the population ages.

They are very accurate in predicting the future via hidden messages in cookies.

6 hours ago, edjr said:

One child policy.

Was repealed a few years ago.

Having lived here for five years, there are very few things id say they do better than we do...

1. Mobile payments - I never carry cash here. Neither do most people. Pay for everything with your phone. Never heard of a single instance of fraud.

2. The train system is nice... 

3. Medical care is really really cheap.

4. Their immigration laws are better, and in an immigrant.

Thats all I got. 

They've raises a billion people out of poverty in the course of two generations.

Their history and cultural traditions are cool and super-interesting; they like and respect their country, it's history, and it's culture.

They don't teach their boys to be girls or their girls to be boys and disdain rather than promote alternate lifestyle values.

I can respect that the schooling is rigorous (but then I must gloss over the problems, such as what my son deals with).

Few fatties and the girls are gorgeous.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

They've raises a billion people out of poverty in the course of two generations.

Their history and cultural traditions are cool and super-interesting; they like and respect their country, it's history, and it's culture.

They don't teach their boys to be girls or their girls to be boys and disdain rather than promote alternate lifestyle values.

I can respect that the schooling is rigorous (but then I must gloss over the problems, such as what my son deals with).

Few fatties and the girls are gorgeous.

I'll agree with much of what you say, with some caveats. 

As to the culture, they tend to over respect it. By which I mean they cling to things long after they are proven wrong, just because it's traditional Chinese. See most Chinese medicine. 

As regard to schooling, it is rigorous, but in a mindlessly repetitive way that is mostly for show. Every school I've worked at (4 now) has 2 goals and two only... Impress the parents, and score well on tests. Actual learning anything? Irrelevant. 

They also are, Imho, extremely immature, as a people. This comes from the utter regementation of their lives from cradle to the grave I imagine. They never really learn how to socialize and be normal. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

A couple questions...whats the deal with the tranny hooker thing or is that just a Thai/Indonesian thing?  How often do you see gheys/trannies in China?  You say theres disdain for it.  So there must be like a near 100%  suicide rate for those people, right?  As far as culture, how much have you assimilated?  What would happen if you hung an American flag up at your house?

27 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

A couple questions...whats the deal with the tranny hooker thing or is that just a Thai/Indonesian thing?  How often do you see gheys/trannies in China?  You say theres disdain for it.  So there must be like a near 100%  suicide rate for those people, right?  As far as culture, how much have you assimilated?  What would happen if you hung an American flag up at your house?

I occasionally see a ghey couple or a couple of lesbians. They are usually very young. I'd bet money they end up marrying who their parents tell them to and spawning like a good little Asian in the end. I've never seen a tranny here.

I have not assimilated at all. It really isn't even possible anyway. I don't care if you speak fluent chinese, own a business that employs Chinese people, have a wife and kids that have chinese blood... You will always be a laowai.

Conversely, if you were of Chinese descent, you are chinese. Even if your family moved to Canada three generations ago and you don't speak a word of Chinese.

As for the American flag thing... Most of the time,  nobody would care. But when some bs happens, like trumps tariff or whatever, you may get some stinkeye.

Supposedly the cops went to the biggest international school in town here and warned people to have nothing NBA or south park in lessons or on school computers. And absolutely nothing rendering to Hong Kong at all. Not just the protests, but it's existence 30 miles away. But the guy who told me that is a notorious liar.

And for what it's worth, the smell in the wind here... Both foreign and Chinese, is that they are about to lay the goon hand on Hong Kong. There are lots of troops here in Shenzhen. Our bosses warned us to stay away from there, and theyre connected. 

5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I occasionally see a ghey couple or a couple of lesbians. They are usually very young. I'd bet money they end up marrying who their parents tell them to and spawning like a good little Asian in the end. I've never seen a tranny here.

I have not assimilated at all. It really isn't even possible anyway. I don't care if you speak fluent chinese, own a business that employs Chinese people, have a wife and kids that have chinese blood... You will always be a laowai.

Conversely, if you were of Chinese descent, you are chinese. Even if your family moved to Canada three generations ago and you don't speak a word of Chinese.

As for the American flag thing... Most of the time,  nobody would care. But when some bs happens, like trumps tariff or whatever, you may get some stinkeye.

Supposedly the cops went to the biggest international school in town here and warned people to have nothing NBA or south park in lessons or on school computers. And absolutely nothing rendering to Hong Kong at all. Not just the protests, but it's existence 30 miles away. But the guy who told me that is a notorious liar.

And for what it's worth, the smell in the wind here... Both foreign and Chinese, is that they are about to lay the goon hand on Hong Kong. There are lots of troops here in Shenzhen. Our bosses warned us to stay away from there, and theyre connected. 

Digby is in China now? Since when? 

12 hours ago, Fireballer said:

That's Thai. They're not in China. It seems to me that China is more along the lines of how the US was when I was growing up before disgusting perverts became mainstream.

When we went to Thailand we went with a tour group from China which was a bad idea and also besides the point. Anyway, we saw a couple of Thai Trannies in full drag outside a tourist trap shopping place. You could go to them and pay some to have your picture taken with them. They weren't aggressively coming up to and rubbing up on people. If you kept your distance and didn't interact with them they left us alone. There was some event that the tour group went on with trannies, it was covered in the cost, so we paid for it but never attended. I've got small kids,  but I wouldn't be interested in that even as a single adult. 

You can have a single man's vacation type thing in Thailand, supposedly, wherever that was I didn't see it. Maybe cordoned off in some district somewhere because looking at it through the bus window or the bus stops, it was a normal place it seemed to me. Even the Thai massage place was totally above board, clean, and reputable.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:00 AM, Fireballer said:

BANGCOCK!!

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

BANGCOCK!!

I spent one night in Bangkok last week with my wife, dad, and brother on our way to Bhutan. Jesus christ, what a night.

First stop, spankys. They hand you three foot lengths of pipe insulation to spank the stripper/hookers. Dad had a top less chick in his lap the whole time.

Second stop was the ping pong show. Oh my focking God... Saw my father pulling glow in the dark ribbon from some chicks snatch... Saw a chick shoot a toothpick through a straw out of her poosay and pop a balloon.. Saw a chick smoke a cigarette with her cooch... It was focked up...

Last stop was another bar. Watched two Thai guys beat the crap out of each other three feet from me, while strippers all around.

Was a good time. Bangkok rules. 

7 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I spent one night in Bangkok last week with my wife, dad, and brother on our way to Bhutan. Jesus christ, what a night.

First stop, spankys. They hand you three foot lengths of pipe insulation to spank the stripper/hookers. Dad had a top less chick in his lap the whole time.

Second stop was the ping pong show. Oh my focking God... Saw my father pulling glow in the dark ribbon from some chicks snatch... Saw a chick shoot a toothpick through a straw out of her poosay and pop a balloon.. Saw a chick smoke a cigarette with her cooch... It was focked up...

Last stop was another bar. Watched two Thai guys beat the crap out of each other three feet from me, while strippers all around.

We had different experiences.

15 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I spent one night in Bangkok last week

27 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

A family that plays puzzy sports together stays together.