Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Picking up M brown or hold?

Hey guys, 

1st in 10 team ppr. Currently am very deep at wr with Hopkins Evans Edelman Gallup Tyrell Williams and aj green. 

would u drop Tyrell Williams for Malcolm brown this week, with the news of Gurley likely out? Other twist is I’m playing the dark owner, and right now have Gallup at the flex. If I do pick up btown, it will be at the sake of benching Gallup. 

If you already have solid RB starters (and it sounds like you do, if you're only considering starting Brown as a flex instead of Gallup), I wouldn't drop a legitimate WR for a one-week RB fill-in who might not be as good as your other starters (or Gallup) anyway.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If you already have solid RB starters (and it sounds like you do, if you're only considering starting Brown as a flex instead of Gallup), I wouldn't drop a legitimate WR for a one-week RB fill-in who might not be as good as your other starters (or Gallup) anyway.

Do u consider me having one  of his qbs wrs helps him or hurts me more? It’s 4 pp td pass. I’m assuming it would basically make the rest of the matchups more important. 

15 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Hey guys, 

1st in 10 team ppr. Currently am very deep at wr with Hopkins Evans Edelman Gallup Tyrell Williams and aj green. 

would u drop Tyrell Williams for Malcolm brown this week, with the news of Gurley likely out? Other twist is I’m playing the dark owner, and right now have Gallup at the flex. If I do pick up btown, it will be at the sake of benching Gallup. 

Yes I would drop T will for Brown. 

I don’t foresee this being the only questionable game for Gurley going forward. 

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yes I would drop T will for Brown. 

I don’t foresee this being the only questionable game for Gurley going forward. 

Would u start Gallup or Brown at the flex? He has Prescott.  My other starting spots are all locked up. Only other option I can see is benching eckeler for brown with gordon getting more touches, but in ppr that’s risky. 

Pittsburgh gives up the most passes to Slot WR's.  I don't think I'd bench Ekeler as he will be used in that fashion.  He may not get a ton of yardage, but should get quite a few short passes.  What he does with them, who knows.  I wouldn't drop T Williams for Brown.  The Raiders just picked up Zay Jones.  That's what they've needed, someone to take a bit of pressure off of T Williams.  Even if they didn't do that, I wouldn't drop him for Brown.  The Rams have a few capable RB's.  No need to make a change that could come back to hurt you down the line.  If you don't think anyone will pick up T Williams, maybe then.....  Otherwise, don't give another owner an opportunity to better their team. 

38 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Do u consider me having one  of his qbs wrs helps him or hurts me more? It’s 4 pp td pass. I’m assuming it would basically make the rest of the matchups more important. 

I don't usually pay attention to that stuff.  It helps you and hurts your opponent when your players score, and it helps your opponent and hurts you when his players score--that's about it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I don't usually pay attention to that stuff.  It helps you and hurts your opponent when your players score, and it helps your opponent and hurts you when his players score--that's about it.

Would u go Gallup or Brown this week? I am re thinking it and kind of think Gallup might be the higher upside play as I didn’t realize how good SF was against the run. 

7 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Would u go Gallup or Brown this week? I am re thinking it and kind of think Gallup might be the higher upside play as I didn’t realize how good SF was against the run. 

If you already went against Axe Elf's advice and dropped Tyrell Williams to pick up Malcolm Brown in the first place, then why would you care what Axe Elf thinks about starting him over Gallup?

Axe Elf can only help those who want to be helped.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If you already went against Axe Elf's advice and dropped Tyrell Williams to pick up Malcolm Brown in the first place, then why would you care what Axe Elf thinks about starting him over Gallup?

Axe Elf can only help those who want to be helped.

Lol

1 minute ago, himmystyles said:

Lol

What's funny is dropping Tyrell Williams to pick up Brown for this week, and then thinking about leaving him on your bench.

If you're going to cut your own fantasy football team's wrists, don't just scratch the surface, you might as well go for the artery and start him over Gallup.

20 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

What's funny is dropping Tyrell Williams to pick up Brown for this week, and then thinking about leaving him on your bench.

If you're going to cut your own fantasy football team's wrists, don't just scratch the surface, you might as well go for the artery and start him over Gallup.

I wasn’t lol’ing at your advice it was your talking In the third person haha. I did the deed already In picking up brown, but just wanted to pick your brain on who to flex afterwards.  Always appreciate your advice tho- thanks for the help and sorry for the misunderstanding. 

10 hours ago, himmystyles said:

Would u start Gallup or Brown at the flex? He has Prescott.  My other starting spots are all locked up. Only other option I can see is benching eckeler for brown with gordon getting more touches, but in ppr that’s risky. 

Ekeler had a great ppr game last week, and might once again a Pitt. 

But me , I’m going Brown with if Gurley does indeed sit out in which I think he will. 

And Gallup vs the Jets. 

Hey good luck, and thanks for the reply 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, himmystyles said:

Well look at it this way. Assuming it’s standard league scoring, so for QBs 25yds = 1pt and TD = 4pts, WRs 10yds = 1pt, Catch = 1pt, TD = 6pts...

if Dak throws a 50yd TD to Gallup, Dak is going to score your opponent 6 points and Gallup is going to score you 12 points, so double what he’s getting. Similarly a 75yd TD would get Dak 7 points and Gallup 14.5... 

Essentially every time Gallup does anything, you’re pulling away from your opponent. Don’t overthink it.

• Thanks 1