Sign in to follow this  
GoonCrew

McCaffery trade

Standard non-ppr league. McCaffery owner is 1-4. I am 4-1 but thinking about trying to pry CMC away from him. He is hurting at QB mainly. Thinking about trading a combination of D Henry, M Evans and Kyler Murray for CMC and a few throw ins. I start Brady normally, so Kyler is expendable. Henry and Evans I start but I also have Cook & Hopkins as my others. So this is basically a 2 for 1  in my eyes (Henry/Evans for CMC). Do I stand pat and keep chugging away or roll the dice to shake things up? I have visions of CMC and Cook leading my team going forward.

If you're 4-1 you probly don't need to fix what ain't broke, but I can't imagine another owner trading away Christian McCaffrey, the single-most valuable player in fantasy football this year, for an upgrade over whatever QB he's currently starting for the privilege of acquiring Kyler Murray.  If it's not a huge league, he can probly pick up someone like Minshew or Mariota off waivers and get 2-3 pts per week less than Murray offers.

I guess it never hurts to ask, but I think you'd have to be dealing with an orangutan to get him to hit that "Accept" button.

Keeper league? 

For reference, his QB's are Darnold & Trubitsky. Most of the decent QB's are gone. My thought is him picking up 3 viable starters for one may entice. I know McCaffery's value (have him in another league) but even I think the trade is not a total rip off based on his needs.

At 1-4 in a redraft, most owners are in panic mode.  One more loss and he's out for the season.  I'd make him a decent offer tonight and try for your guy.  I normally put out feelers for trades when an owner is 1-3, but at 1-4, it's not atypical to see the owner make a change simply for the sake of making a change.  Go for it.

40 minutes ago, GoonCrew said:

For reference, his QB's are Darnold & Trubitsky.

Yeah, if I had Darnold, I wouldn't panic right now.  He's only played 1 game, and he has games coming up against teams like the Giants, Oakland, Washington, Cincinnati, Baltimore, and 2 games against Miami.

I certainly wouldn't be trading away the best player in fantasy football for an upgrade to Kyler Murray, but then, not every owner is Axe Elf; your mileage may vary.

Non-ppr is the defining thing for me in this trade. Henry isn't too far behind CMC & by throwing in Evans you might find you traded away more points than you can get from CMC straight up...

When winter hits NE, you might find that Brady isn''t running in two 1-yards TD's as often. You may wish you still had Murray.

JMHO

I would try to get Mccaffery, just not so sure even at 1-4 if I would give him up.  

Guess it depends on the return, and I would want back another rb stud for him.