Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Preston Williams worth a pick up and start

He has been targeted 19 times over the last 2 games. One of my flex spots is weak because of byes. Preston Williams is available on the WW, but I would have to drop E Sanders or M Williams either one has done much. Preston has a great matchup vs Washington. I really need a win. Would he be worth the gamble or do I play Sanders, Mike Williams or Howard?

Im starting him...i dropped OJ howard for him....

Basically my high stakes league is 4 receivers to start...with a flex so you can start 5 potentially...its a 12 teamer...but TEs and WR are mixed so no mando TE

I have TY, Waller on bye and Engram out...so Im really hurting

4 minutes ago, bobby heenan said:

Im starting him...i dropped OJ howard for him....

Basically my high stakes league is 4 receivers to start...with a flex so you can start 5 potentially...its a 12 teamer...but TEs and WR are mixed so no mando TE

I have TY, Waller on bye and Engram out...so Im really hurting

Would you start him over the other 3  I mentioned?

4 minutes ago, gitrdun said:

Would you start him over the other 3  I mentioned?

well i do own mike williams too lol...but i dont know if that game is gonna be like theirs last week so im not sure he will see the volume of targets like he did last week...but hopefully thats a trend in the right direction for williams....

i played against sanders last week and he had what? 1 catch for 9 yards?

I think preston is as good of a play as either guy really.....and howard? OJ?!?!?! lol...i dont think i need to explain him....i mean...such an immense talent but I should have known arians offense was going to waste him......arians offense doesnt isnt designed to force balls or funnel targets to guys...its basically a read based system where the defense dicatates where the ball goes.....

5 minutes ago, bobby heenan said:

well i do own mike williams too lol...but i dont know if that game is gonna be like theirs last week so im not sure he will see the volume of targets like he did last week...but hopefully thats a trend in the right direction for williams....

i played against sanders last week and he had what? 1 catch for 9 yards?

I think preston is as good of a play as either guy really.....and howard? OJ?!?!?! lol...i dont think i need to explain him....i mean...such an immense talent but I should have known arians offense was going to waste him......arians offense doesnt isnt designed to force balls or funnel targets to guys...its basically a read based system where the defense dicatates where the ball goes.....

Thanks, the other option was Jordan Howard.

2 minutes ago, gitrdun said:

Thanks, the other option was Jordan Howard.

ahh...i probably should have read into that......i havent paid too much attention  to how good that minny defense is against the run but howard is kinda hot right now isnt he?

2 minutes ago, bobby heenan said:

ahh...i probably should have read into that......i havent paid too much attention  to how good that minny defense is against the run but howard is kinda hot right now isnt he?

Yes he is. That is who I have in the flex spot, but the Vikings are tough against the run.

1 hour ago, gitrdun said:

He has been targeted 19 times over the last 2 games. One of my flex spots is weak because of byes. Preston Williams is available on the WW, but I would have to drop E Sanders or M Williams either one has done much. Preston has a great matchup vs Washington. I really need a win. Would he be worth the gamble or do I play Sanders, Mike Williams or Howard?

Sanders

I might drop Mike Williams just for a speculative add of Preston--but I would still probably start Emmanuel Sanders this week in PPR or Jordan Howard if it's standard scoring.

Preston Williams will go off one of these weeks. This is the perfect match up. I am starting him with confidence due to byes and injury

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I am starting him with confidence due to byes and injury

The "due to byes and injury" part makes it sound more like you are starting him with fingers crossed than with confidence, because if not for byes and injury, you wouldn't be starting him at all.

I am starting him with deep trepidation and helpless regret, but the points count the same if I started him with confidence...

24 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The "due to byes and injury" part makes it sound more like you are starting him with fingers crossed than with confidence, because if not for byes and injury, you wouldn't be starting him at all.

Im confidently starting him with my fingers crossed

I picked him up in 2 leagues, but have decided to watch him one more week. Flexing Chris Thompson and Malcolm Brown instead.

Hope he goes off though!

I’ve had him since I made that thread early September. He’s in my second flex spot this week. Also, Weepaws doesn’t even think Preston should be rostered. Unbelievable 

25 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Flexing Chris Thompson...

Thompson is an interesting play this week with Keenum back, Adrian Peterson sucking, and, of course, playing the Dolphins.

I can't decide if "interesting" means "good" or not, though.

I'm starting Thompson over Damien Williams in two leagues, mostly because I am forced to start LeSean McCoy in a couple of other leagues, so I kinda hafta root for Williams to suck and McCoy to shine.  On the other hand, I'm benching Thompson for Melvin Gordon in my K/D league, and I'm currently benching Thompson for Joe Mixon in yet another league--although I might talk myself out of that one by game time tomorrow.  I have him starting for Josh Jacobs on his bye, and sitting behind Bell and Carson (of course).

If Tyreek Hill sits out again, I may go back to Damien in those two leagues, but I pretty much have to start Thompson for Jacobs, and I pretty much can't start him over Gordon, Bell or Carson.

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I’ve had him since I made that thread early September. He’s in my second flex spot this week. Also, Weepaws doesn’t even think Preston should be rostered. Unbelievable 

Still don’t, in my 14 team non ppr league, in a non ppr his 6.5 points per game make him a Wr5 at best, and in a ppr a wr5 in a reg 12 team league, yeah I’ll still pass  

One td in four games awfull. 

In a ppr hes diffently worth a pick up as it has worked out. 

And please stop thinking about me so much, oh my soul  

Hey thanks, God Bless. And good luck this weekend. 

59 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Thompson is an interesting play this week with Keenum back, Adrian Peterson sucking, and, of course, playing the Dolphins.

Still keeping my ear to the ground about the possibility of Bryce Love coming back this season.....but crickets. He is actually eligible to come back next week and would walk into a potentially great FF situation, but they might just put him on ice for this year. However, if any whisper arises about him coming back, he will be grabbed immediately in most leagues....but just not worth a hold right now in redrafts. One of those deals.

This is the only news I have been able to glean this week from a Redskin beat writer tweet:

Ross Pierschbacher, Wes Martin, Bryce Love and Danny Johnson were on the rehab field.

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Weepaws doesn’t even think Preston should be rostered. Unbelievable 

39 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Still don’t...

He's rosterable more on potential than on what he has achieved so far.  If you watch his college highlight reel--and even his preseason plays with the Dolphins--he's doing a lot of sophisticated things that even more experienced WRs can't do.  If he can continue to build on his chemistry with Josh Rosen in a stable QB situation, he has the potential to deliver on the potential that DeVante Parker never delivered on.

• Thanks 1

Wow those three ff points today just amazing.  

He should be a wr1 come next weekend. 

15 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Wow those three ff points today just amazing.  

He should be a wr1 come next weekend. 

If Fitzpatrick is starting then he definitely could be

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

If Fitzpatrick is starting then he definitely could be

I believe that too, Fitz can light'em up-bombs away! Rosen might be okay in CFL-maybe.

Yeah he might score 5 ff points. 

Hes a stud wr1. 

I recall this chat about a certain Saints wr last season named T Smith, and he going to light up the ff world. 

Nottttt. 

Hey good night. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yeah he might score 5 ff points. 

Hes a stud wr1. 

I recall this chat about a certain Saints wr last season named T Smith, and he going to light up the ff world. 

Nottttt. 

Hey good night. 

What does one have to do with the other? 

9 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Well, you know, if one prospect doesn't work out, none of them will.

Preston Williams will work out--but like I said, he's rosterable now on potential, and not production.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Well, you know, if one prospect doesn't work out, none of them will.

Preston Williams will work out--but like I said, he's rosterable now on potential, and not production.

Sounds like some weepaws logic right there

10 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Just a comparison to those ff gurus who where trying to sale T Smith and his greatness on everyone. 

Notttt. 

I feel the same here is true. 

3 points later , it’s looking good. 

Thanks.