Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Future Stud Alert

Whenever CeeDee Lamb enters the NFL, he should be drafted #1 overall in every rookie draft, and in the third round of every redraft league.

That is all.

This could be one of the better draft eligible WR classes in recent memory. Jeudy, Lamb, Higgins, Ruggs and the Colorado guy are just the headliners. For fantasy it could depend on where they end up.

Yeah, because the depleted UT secondary in a conference noted for traditionally playing poor defense is they way to just NFL success.  

27 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

Yeah, because the depleted UT secondary in a conference noted for traditionally playing poor defense is they way to just NFL success.  

Does the 8 for 109 and a TD against Alabama in the Orange Bowl last year count?

4 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

He was surrounded by 5 guys - literally surrounded, and they came up with air on that flea flicker touchdown.  I was already intrigued, but that sold me on him.  That's professional quickness and explosion.

15 hours ago, NAn said:

He should silence any critics.

Well, I saw what you did there at least...

😎

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:15 PM, AxeElf said:

Whenever CeeDee Lamb enters the NFL, he should be drafted #1 overall in every rookie draft, and in the third round of every redraft league.

That is all.

Considering you aren't a Dalvin Cook fan, this should make you happy.  Friday, I traded Dalvin Cook in my oldest Dynasty League, which is a PPR League.  I got L. Jackson (I had no QB's as I had Andrew Luck and Big Ben and had been rolling with Jacoby B.), Cee Dee Lamb (we have a devy draft for college players) and the other owner's #1 rookie draft pick in the Spring.  The trade was prior to him blowing up on Saturday, but I had him only behind JJ as the top WR in college football, so wanted the deal done asap.  I now may consider moving him even with JJ.  Between Ruggs, JJ & Lamb, the WR's entering the draft will be one of the better classes we've seen in years. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:41 PM, jgcrawfish said:

You haven't watched him play, obviously.  Regardless of the competition, he always seems to get open or come down with the ball.  It's almost insane.  The entire UT defense knew he was the star WR, and they bracketed him with 2 players at all times, but it still didn't slow him down.  On a few of the plays, if you go back and watch the highlights of the game, he had 2 CB's and a Safety on him.  He still won.  He's a special WR and was ranked as the 2nd or 3rd best WR prospect prior to this weekend by pretty much every Scouting organization out there.  It's a toss-up between he and JJ, in my mind, but I made a deal for Lamb on Friday.  Anytime the WR comes down with the ball, or gets open when the QB is staring him down the entire time, that's something special.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Considering you aren't a Dalvin Cook fan, this should make you happy.

I don't know where you got the idea that I'm not a Dalvin Cook fan.  I'm not a fan of losing my RB1 for half the season or more, but Cook's a stud when he's healthy.

Good deal getting Lamb, though.

It was after this play that I created this post:

5 catches on 6 targets (both were 2nd-most on the team) for 59 yards (10.9 fantasy points) in his first outing as the rookie WR3 for the Cowboys.

Thank you, Axe Elf!

Own him in every league. Don't think anyone needed an elf to reveal that this guy was gonna be an NFL star. 

Hopefully, he can continue to build upon his debut. Losing Jarwin for the season certainly didn't hurt his prospects.

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

5 catches on 6 targets (both were 2nd-most on the team) for 59 yards (10.9 fantasy points) in his first outing as the rookie WR3 for the Cowboys.

Thank you, Axe Elf!

Looked good, but that’s not exactly 3rd round WR value.

1 minute ago, stonewall said:

Own him in every league. Don't think anyone needed an elf to reveal that this guy was gonna be an NFL star.

Perhaps, but people probly thought he would develop into an NFL star at some point.  I doubt if anyone would have drafted him #1 overall in dynasty or in the 3rd round of a redraft league without my heads-up regarding his immediate stud status.

It kind of backfired though; once everyone heard that Axe Elf was backing CeeDee Lamb, he was going for prices I didn't want to pay in my auction drafts.  So I ended up with five leagues this year and no shares of my favorite rookie WR.

7 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Hopefully, he can continue to build upon his debut. Losing Jarwin for the season certainly didn't hurt his prospects.

Agreed.  

And I just read that about Jarwin. 

11 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Looked good, but that’s not exactly 3rd round WR value.

According to Fantasy Football Calculator, here are the WRs with a 3rd round ADP:

3.02 Kenny Golladay - 0 PPR fantasy points.

3.05 Mike Evans - 7.2 PPR fantasy points.

3.07 Adam Thielen - 31.0 PPR fantasy points.  (Did I mention that I drafted him in all five of my leagues?)

3.09 DJ Moore - 9.4 PPR fantasy points.

3.10 Odell Beckham, Jr. - 5.2 PPR fantasy points.

3.11 Allen Robinson - 12.3 PPR fantasy points.

3.11 Juju Smith-Schuster - plays tonight.

AVERAGE:  10.85

CeeDee Lamb - 10.9

I'd say he is EXACTLY a third-round value at this point; he might get even better.

2 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Too many mouths to feed in Dallas.

Bad news for Gallup owners.

33 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

According to Fantasy Football Calculator, here are the WRs with a 3rd round ADP:

3.02 Kenny Golladay - 0 PPR fantasy points.

3.05 Mike Evans - 7.2 PPR fantasy points.

3.07 Adam Thielen - 31.0 PPR fantasy points.  (Did I mention that I drafted him in all five of my leagues?)

3.09 DJ Moore - 9.4 PPR fantasy points.

3.10 Odell Beckham, Jr. - 5.2 PPR fantasy points.

3.11 Allen Robinson - 12.3 PPR fantasy points.

3.11 Juju Smith-Schuster - plays tonight.

AVERAGE:  10.85

CeeDee Lamb - 10.9

I'd say he is EXACTLY a third-round value at this point; he might get even better.

Ok, by your logic there would’ve been 36 WR’s drafted in the first three rounds.  Because that’s where he sits right now in PPR, 36th.  And 4 teams yet to play.  
The 36th best WR isn’t 3rd round value.

13 minutes ago, JagFan said:

The 36th best WR isn’t 3rd round value.

Compared to the value provided by the other 3rd round WRs in Week 1, he is.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Perhaps, but people probly thought he would develop into an NFL star at some point.  I doubt if anyone would have drafted him #1 overall in dynasty or in the 3rd round of a redraft league without my heads-up regarding his immediate stud status.

It kind of backfired though; once everyone heard that Axe Elf was backing CeeDee Lamb, he was going for prices I didn't want to pay in my auction drafts.  So I ended up with five leagues this year and no shares of my favorite rookie WR.

At least wait until He has a better than pedestrian game before crowing about a player everyone else already knew was good over a year ago...

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

At least wait until He has a better than pedestrian game before crowing about a player everyone else already knew was good over a year ago...

Well, this was 11 months ago, so I was only a month late to the party.

Still haven't seen any other recommendations like mine, but apparently they're out there, since everyone already knew to draft Lamb #1 overall in rookie drafts and in the 3rd round of redraft leagues by last September, but I never met a bandwagon I didn't like!

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

hes good but I suppose Jamison Crowder is a 1st round pick

Using my logic, Jamison Crowder returned first-round value this week, just as CeeDee Lamb returned third round value this week.  If Crowder returns first-round value all year, he'll be a 1st round pick next year.  You'll have to watch the rest of the season to find out.

But isn't it nice to have Axe Elf tell you about it a year in advance, so you can beat the rush?

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Using my logic, Jamison Crowder returned first-round value this week, just as CeeDee Lamb returned third round value this week.  If Crowder returns first-round value all year, he'll be a 1st round pick next year.  You'll have to watch the rest of the season to find out.

But isn't it nice to have Axe Elf tell you about it a year in advance, so you can beat the rush?

Lamb didnt return 3rd round value, he was WR 36

if you just include skill positions and no QBs he was flex PPR no 72 overall, which in a 12 team barely makes him a starter

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Compared to the value provided by the other 3rd round WRs in Week 1, he is.

Oh good.  You’re realizing how stupid you sound with all of this.  Progress.

edited:  Value provided to others should flow naturally.  If you keep bragging about “how big IT is”, eventually someone will ask you to prove it.  It’s just a tip.

29 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Oh good.  You’re realizing how stupid you sound with all of this.  Progress.

edited:  Value provided to others should flow naturally.  If you keep bragging about “how big IT is”, eventually someone will ask you to prove it.  It’s just a tip.

Yeah, but there are skills that can make up for a lack of endowment.

::: licks eyebrows smugly :::

My dynasty draft went

1. CEH
  2. Jonathan Taylor
  3. Juedy
  4. Dobbins
  5. CeeDee

I remembered this thread so I made sure to pick up CeeDee.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, but there are skills that can make up for a lack of endowment.

::: licks eyebrows smugly :::

There may be hope for you yet.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

My dynasty draft went

1. CEH
  2. Jonathan Taylor
  3. Juedy
  4. Dobbins
  5. CeeDee

I remembered this thread so I made sure to pick up CeeDee.

“Nobody”...it that who else is in your dynasty league?

1 minute ago, JagFan said:

“Nobody”...it that who else is in your dynasty league?

I think he means he picked 5th, and took Lamb.

Nobody, you're welcome, by the way.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I think he means he picked 5th, and took Lamb.

Nobody, you're welcome, by the way.

Ah...thank you.  That makes more sense than those being one persons 5 picks.

22 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Ah...thank you.  That makes more sense than those being one persons 5 picks.

No.  This is a 1 person dynasty league.  Big money... 1 million dollar buy in.  8 years consecutive champ.  I lost one year when I forgot to set my lineup.  Automatic disqualification for the season by league rules.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Who won that year?

Vacated the title.  Purse rolled over to the following year.  Fortunately I was on my game that year and took down the championship.