Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Future Stud Alert

Just now, nobody said:

Vacated the title.  Purse rolled over to the following year.  Fortunately I was on my game that year and took down the championship.

Nice.

17 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Well, this was 11 months ago, so I was only a month late to the party.

Still haven't seen any other recommendations like mine, but apparently they're out there, since everyone already knew to draft Lamb #1 overall in rookie drafts and in the 3rd round of redraft leagues by last September, but I never met a bandwagon I didn't like!

I picked him 3rd in my dynasty draft.

Very WR needy team, got him along with Ruggs and Jeudy.

People often shy away from drafting rookie WRs because they don't tend to provide immediate value. In dynasty though, you have to be patient. WRs pay off in the long run.

Didn't have the best of games, but Lamb was serviceable. He will certainly have some big plays, big games, not too far down the road.

Good call

On 8/22/2020 at 10:55 AM, jrokh said:

It's too bad he is the 4th option in that offense, or he might actually be a breakout candidate....

22 hours ago, jrokh said:

At least wait until He has a better than pedestrian game before crowing about a player everyone else already knew was good over a year ago...

So which is it, everyone already knew he was a stud a year ago, or he's not a breakout candidate because he's the 4th option on the offense?

Pick one side of your mouth, and talk out of it.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:15 PM, AxeElf said:

Whenever CeeDee Lamb enters the NFL, he should be drafted #1 overall in every rookie draft, and in the third round of every redraft league.

That is all.

sure looks like you may have made the right call when you called this one last fall.

Too early to say for sure, but right now it looks like you hit the nail on the head.

Whenever Ja'marr Chase enters the NFL, he should be drafted #1 overall in every rookie draft, and in the third round of every redraft league.

Axe, we are all able to google mock drafts.   But thanks champ!

45 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

Whenever Ja'marr Chase enters the NFL, he should be drafted #1 overall in every rookie draft, and in the third round of every redraft league.

This is your second nonsense post of the day.

Are you ok?

50 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

Agreed, I will also add Travis Etienne to that mix. He will be awesome. It's like anyone who watches college football can play Nostradamus with future fantasy predictions...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Agreed, I will also add Travis Etienne to that mix. He will be awesome. It's like anyone who watches college football can play Nostradamus with future fantasy predictions...

You said it would depend on where he ended up last year.  You certainly didn't indicate it was a no-brainer.

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

You said it would depend on where he ended up last year.  You certainly didn't indicate it was a no-brainer.

Your missing the point. Also not sure who you are referring to.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

But only one can be the legend that is Axe Elf.

15 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

But only one can be the legend that is Axe Elf.

In his own mind, double true...

CeeDee Lamb is only the 2nd player since 1970 to catch at least 5 passes in each of his first 5 games.

Still high on him with the prescott injury? Thinking of throwing an offer for him as a 9th rd keeper next year. Hoping owner is in panic mode.

Future stud alert: That Trevor Lawrence guy is going to be good. Heard it here first. I'll be sure to check back in a year or two to insure everyone knows how smart I am...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Future stud alert: That Trevor Lawrence guy is going to be good. Heard it here first. I'll be sure to check back in a year or two to insure everyone knows how smart I am...

You can cherry-pick consensus #1 overall draft picks if you like; Axe Elf will continue with the relevant alerts on players not selected in the top half of the first round of the NFL draft or the top half of most fantasy drafts.

Axe Elf will also be here to prepare the crow to order when YOUR "future stud" Ryan Leafs his way out of the NFL in one season.

36 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You can cherry-pick consensus #1 overall draft picks if you like; Axe Elf will continue with the relevant alerts on players not selected in the top half of the first round of the NFL draft or the top half of most fantasy drafts.

Axe Elf will also be here to prepare the crow to order when YOUR "future stud" Ryan Leafs his way out of the NFL in one season.

I don't know man, a lot of prognosticators had Lamb as the #1 WR off the board, so your prediction is like me saying future stud alert, Calvin Ridley 2018. Or future stud alert Michael Thomas 2016... 

32 minutes ago, rallo said:

I don't know man, a lot of prognosticators had Lamb as the #1 WR off the board

Not in October of 2019.

Been bullish on him all along, as well. Own him in 3 of 4 leagues....and his redraft value was fantastic. However, I'm not too comfortable with the Red Rifle slinging it. I see a much more Zeke-heavy approach, with Lamb/Cooper/Gallup getting that even share that everyone was expecting all along this season in Dallas

. Really a shame too.....the connection between he and Dak was really solidifying. His arrow was pointing straight up this year. Will contemplate selling now.....or at least leave him on the bench for a Kupp/Crowder-type until we see what shakes out.

42 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Not in October of 2019.

Mel Kiper had him as #8 overall... and didn't everyone know he was a stud in 2018 after that Bama game? Maybe living in Big12 country, it seemed obvious to me and my buddies, but I was under the impression that the entire country was aware of Cee Dee Lamb.

1 minute ago, rallo said:

Mel Kiper had him as #8 overall... and didn't everyone know he was a stud in 2018 after that Bama game? Maybe living in Big12 country, it seemed obvious to me and my buddies, but I was under the impression that the entire country was aware of Cee Dee Lamb.

Anyone who watched college football knew Lamb was studly. Oklahoma was always playing premium games most weeks. Kyler Murray and Jalen Hurts were exciting QBs as well. I would have been more impressed by a Justin Jefferson call...

4 minutes ago, rallo said:

I didn't say he was a complete unknown--don't be stupid--but if your stats are to be believed, Mel Kiper had him #8 overall, six months after Axe Elf's post.

So Axe Elf was like 8 times better than Mel Kiper, and like 6 times earlier.

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I didn't say he was a complete unknown--don't be stupid--but if your stats are to be believed, Mel Kiper had him #8 overall, six months after Axe Elf's post.

So Axe Elf was like 8 times better than Mel Kiper, and like 6 times earlier.

Is that you circa May 2019?https://youtu.be/51zmLvgV0B8

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Sorry, I didn't watch the whole 15 minute insult.

Could you give me the Reader's Digest version--or at least the punch line?

Just another analyst ranking Lamb in the top ten overall prior to the start of the 2019 college football season. No worries though, you do you, brother.✌

1 hour ago, rallo said:

Just another analyst ranking Lamb in the top ten overall prior to the start of the 2019 college football season. No worries though, you do you, brother.✌

And did he have him #1 like Axe Elf, or was he an inferior prognosticator?

(Again, my apologies for not wading through the full video.)

2019 I had no idea but on draft day he was the very obvious and clear top WR in the draft and I remember clowning the raiders for taking Ruggs over him.

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

2019 I had no idea but on draft day he was the very obvious and clear top WR in the draft

Two NFL teams thought otherwise.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Two NFL teams thought otherwise.

They are bad at their jobs as evidenced annually when teams reach for guys they could have had a couple rounds later. Lamb was the clear cut top WR in every ranking and mock draft I saw.

I honestly and truly believe some of these draft guys lack basic value concepts that we as FF players possess. Just like I think some teams lack basic time management skills that even madden players have.

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

They are bad at their jobs as evidenced annually when teams reach for guys they could have had a couple rounds later.

Well, that wasn't the case with the WR class this year, so let's try to stick to relevant points.

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Lamb was the clear cut top WR in every ranking and mock draft I saw.

If those were after October of 2019, then we have clear evidence of the scope and depth of Axe Elf's influence.

who is your best bet for the 2021 dynasty rookie draft.. the way im going in that league, ill have the top spot

CeeDee Lamb is on pace to finish with

93 rec, 1386 yards at 14.9 ypc, with 6 TDs

He's been locked in my lineup and I don't see him being on the bench any time soon. I see some big games and consistent WR2/flex numbers.

Low end WR1 or a strong WR2 rest of the way.

In dynasty, he's a top 5 WR

On 10/13/2020 at 12:26 PM, polecatt said:

CeeDee Lamb is on pace to finish with

93 rec, 1386 yards at 14.9 ypc, with 6 TDs

He's been locked in my lineup and I don't see him being on the bench any time soon. I see some big games and consistent WR2/flex numbers.

Low end WR1 or a strong WR2 rest of the way.

In dynasty, he's a top 5 WR

well, if he wasnt before, he sure is now.

Mmm his hands I would imagine. 

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Mmm his hands I would imagine. 

Hand, lol

32 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Hand, lol

And there you go, hand.  

Thank you. 

• Haha 1