Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

College football: Week 7

Some good games on today. USC upset Georgia. LSU and Florida comes on at 8. Clemson already up 14-0. Bama losing to A&M 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Some good games on today. USC upset Georgia. LSU and Florida comes on at 8. Clemson already up 14-0. Bama losing to A&M 

USC plays Notre Dame...

8 minutes ago, posty said:

USC plays Notre Dame...

No southern cal is playing notre dame. USC played Georgia 

16 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

No southern cal is playing notre dame. USC played Georgia 

To everyone but South Carolinans, USC is Southern Cal.  HTH

• Thanks 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

Nah. I won’t ever give them that. USC was a school before California was even a state. Just because they “trademarked” USC and acted like whiny b1tches about it Doesn’t mean I’ll call them that. That’s like Lebron James trademarking Taco Tuesday. Someone else thought of it and implemented it. But some who had nothing to do with it wants to trademark it as their own 

I understand where you are coming, people in Wyoming call the school U dub, people in Montana call it UM and MSU, however when talking to anyone else in the country you say the full name.

USC is in California.

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Nah. I won’t ever give them that. USC was a school before California was even a state. Just because they “trademarked” USC and acted like whiny b1tches about it Doesn’t mean I’ll call them that. That’s like Lebron James trademarking Taco Tuesday. Someone else thought of it and implemented it. But some who had nothing to do with it wants to trademark it as their own 

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNS4YlxEeBqq4ojN05vOeK_AGUzgsg%3A1570919063221&ei=l1KiXdyMDeX99APDibboCA&q=usc+university&oq=usc+university&gs_l=psy-ab.3..35i39j0i273l2j0i67j0l6.29141.29141..32058...0.2..0.136.136.0j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.6O5G7GH3NFQ&ved=0ahUKEwictO_F4ZflAhXlPn0KHcOEDY0Q4dUDCAs&uact=5

Scoreboard.  :dunno:

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

I understand where you are coming, people in Wyoming call the school U dub, people in Montana call it UM and MSU, however when talking to anyone else in the country you say the full name.

USC is in California.

Nah. I ain’t gonna let it go. I still say it was a b1tch move by California. It was really over the initials SC which if you asked someone where they thought SC was they would say South Carolina. Not Southern California. Hell, it’s the dam abbreviation for South Carolina 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

As I said, it doesn’t mean anything for a google search. Google is based on California. Southern Cal is in California. Naturally, they would side with them. But refer to my statement above

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This is correct...  You go down the street other than South Carolina and say USC, they will say the California team, not the SEC one...

1 minute ago, posty said:

This is correct...  You go down the street other than South Carolina and say USC, they will say the California team, not the SEC one...

And what of what the trademark was about? The initials SC? Or you gonna just skip over that and proclaim victory? 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Nah. I ain’t gonna let it go. I still say it was a b1tch move by California. It was really over the initials SC which if you asked someone where they thought SC was they would say South Carolina. Not Southern California. Hell, it’s the dam abbreviation for South Carolina 

Hell yeah, me too as an MSU grad. We have just as much of a right to that name. The rest of the country may think I am dumb but screw them.

MSU = Montana state

Just now, crackattack said:

USC = Southern California. Sorry.

Nope sorry bro. Not at the real home of USC. 

still, it’s not enough for me to even get the slightest bit upset over cause I pull for Clemson. I just think southern cal acted like whiny b1tches over the initials SC and wanted to trademark it 

If you can state your case as to why southern cal should be called USC and South Carolina not be called USC then I might can understand you. But if you just have “cause that’s just what they are called” then sorry you lose for not having the slightest intelligent response 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Nope sorry bro. Not at the real home of USC. 

still, it’s not enough for me to even get the slightest bit upset over cause I pull for Clemson. I just think southern cal acted like whiny b1tches over the initials SC and wanted to trademark it 

That could all be well and true, but to most college football fans, USC is Southern California. Just is what it is. :dunno:

That could all be well and true, but to most college football fans, USC is Southern California. Just is what it is. :dunno:

All up until 2010 I believe South Carolina was called USC and was listed so on tv. Hasn’t even been a decade 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

If you can state your case as to why southern cal should be called USC and South Carolina not be called USC then I might can understand you. But if you just have “cause that’s just what they are called” then sorry you lose for not having the slightest intelligent response 

They both can be called USC, but when I hear USC in reference to NCAA football, southern California comes to mind first. Not South Carolina.

• Like 1

They both can be called USC, but when I hear USC in reference to NCAA football, southern California comes to mind first. Not South Carolina.

Which is why I said southern cal acted like whiny b1tches throwing a tantrum over someone else using it who established it before them. 

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Watching ASU forget how to play defense vs. Wash St.  :wall:

Alaska state has a football team?

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Alaska state has a football team?

But to be clear, he was referring to the real ASU - Appalachian State University

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

But to be clear, he was referring to the real ASU - Appalachian State University

Ha! I almost went to college there 

Arizona State is I believe the only power 5 "ASU".  So suck it.

Also, forks up!!! Devils win 38-34.  🌵

:pointstosky: