Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Have to travel to Baltimore for a couple days. Where to stay without getting shot?

Im pretty flexible where to stay, I just need to get into downtown and park on a Sunday morning.  Theres tons of hotels near BWI, and about a 20 min drive downtown.  How is the airport area after dark?

I've stayed near the airport a few times; lots of hotels supporting Northrop Grumman.  Perfectly safe.  Nothing particularly "local" about it though.  :dunno:

Quit being such a pvssy, there’s many perfectly safe neighborhoods in that city as in every city. Christ Johns Hopkins University is there! You think all those people live in the slums? :doh:

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Quit being such a pvssy, there’s many perfectly safe neighborhoods in that city as in every city. Christ Johns Hopkins University is there! You think all those people live in the slums? :doh:

No sh!t Sherlock.  Thanks for the PSA.  I work in crime infested ghettos, with multi million dollar homes across town. When I visit a place Im not familiar with, I do research to make sure I dont end up in those places. The point is to not find yourself in a place you dont wanna be and get carjacked or worse. If you dont, good for you.

5 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Home

This 

BWI area is fine, but secluded with very little to do. 

In the city, I’d recommend anything in Harbor East. Marriott, Four Seasons, Hilton Garden, Courtyard Marriott... Nicest part of the city and very safe. 

BTW, Hopkins University and Hopkins Hospital are both located in not the greatest of areas.  

• Thanks 1

Traveled to Baltimore today for work.  Staying at The Hampton Inn in the Inner Harbor.  Very nice and a lot better then so-  called 3/4 star hotels in the city.   The Kimpton Monaco is awesome too, one of my favorite places to stay.  Obviously Four Seasons is great but that can run you over $1000 per night. Avoid Hilton Embassy Suites here, just a dump and the rooms smell like cigs and feet.  

Favorite is Kimpton Monaco.  Beautiful and great staff.  B & O is the restaurant bar there and you’ll meet the friendliest, coolest bar staff there. Ask for Ghengis 👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

BTW, Hopkins University and Hopkins Hospital are both located in not the greatest of areas.  

We would have to take worms if we were walking around Hopkins at night.  Someone to toss at them, while we ran.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Traveled to Baltimore today for work.  Staying at The Hampton Inn in the Inner Harbor.  Very nice and a lot better then so-  called 3/4 star hotels in the city.   The Kimpton Monaco is awesome too, one of my favorite places to stay.  Obviously Four Seasons is great but that can run you over $1000 per night. Avoid Hilton Embassy Suites here, just a dump and the rooms smell like cigs and feet.  

Favorite is Kimpton Monaco.  Beautiful and great staff.  B & O is the restaurant bar there and you’ll meet the friendliest, coolest bar staff there. Ask for Ghengis 👍👍👍

In my experience embassy suites always sucks. I get the impression it’s what they rebrand a better hotel after its gone to the weeds 

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

In my experience embassy suites always sucks. I get the impression it’s what they rebrand a better hotel after its gone to the weeds 

Really depends on the city.  The one in Georgetown, DC is really nice

Chaps pitt beef is worth maybe getting shot. The strip club next door sucks

Grab a couple of packs of Newports to give out. They're like currency in that place. 

The Sheraton or the Marriot downtown are your best bet.

Heading to body more now. I'm on the top floor of the hotel. Should I wear my body armor before getting off the plane or am I safe at the airport?

12 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Heading to body more now. I'm on the top floor of the hotel. Should I wear my body armor before getting off the plane or am I safe at the airport?

Wear a Kunta Kinte shirt. You'll be good. 

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

BWI is one of the nicer airports I’ve been to. Very happy that it’s my home airport. 

where are you staying?

Hilton near the airport

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

BWI is one of the nicer airports I’ve been to. Very happy that it’s my home airport. 

where are you staying?

If he’s smart, at the airport.