Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Winston has proven to be a bust.

3 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Not his fault.  A lot of lazy route running by Evans.

5x times not his fault. None of the sacks were his fault either.

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Solid fantasy qb. Bad real life qb. Like it has always been

The solid fantasy QB is a moot point once he gets benched. Winston is in a contract year and you never ever see QBs play out their rookie contract and not even sniff an extension.

Winston is clearly on borrowed time. Once Arians has a better option at the position he will make the change I assume.

44 minutes ago, nobody said:

Is this some kind of throw back thread to 2016?

This is the “I told you so” thread for anyone that didn’t have Winston as their sexy sleeper late round QB for 2019. 

He is who we thought he was.

Blew it big time with Winston I had him and Mayfield and dropped Bake hoping Winston would get it together...fantasy numbers weren't horrible just from garbage time but how many sacks were there....my options rest of season are Winston, Josh Allen, Cousins, Minshew, or Kyle Allen

I think this ship sailed a while back

Some QBs take longer than others. But this guy is a now a career backup.

10 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yep. Him and mariota both blow. Both teams will be drafting anew next year. 

MM looked so bad yesterday that I cannot imagine the Titans wanting to give him another shot.  It was flat out sickening.  Winston just doesn't seem to be able to read a defense.  Agreed that both teams will be looking elsewhere this offseason.  TN has too good of an all around team to be this bad, outside of the QB position.  Winston just seems to throw the ball and hope for the best.  lol

The one sack where he ended up rolling to his right, he held the ball forever. One of the worst sacks we could see. Kyler on the other hand threw it at his receivers feet multiple times to avoid making a throw into coverage 

Winston is not the answer.. that's obvious. Whats more interesting it that Evans kind of sucks now.. he is making rookie mistakes.

21 hours ago, loonecho said:

Yes. My goodness does he look awful.  You know who he reminds me of? Byron Leftwich.  Funny.

I don't understand the comment.  They look nothing alike.  Leftwich only threw more than 10 Interceptions once, his rookie season.  He was overly cautious with the ball was usually getting grief from commentators for not throwing deep, or throwing it away.  That's the polar opposite of Winston.  Byron's third year in the league was not bad.  Keep in mind he played for a team that was much worse than Tampa is today.  The 2005 Jaguars were lousy.  He had 15 TD's against only 5 Interceptions.  That doesn't look like Winston at all.  Then he was injured and never came close to playing a full season again.  Winston has had years of 15, 18, 11, 14, and already 10 Interceptions this year.  Byron never turned out to be "good" due to injury.  Winston is just an idiot. 

39 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I don't understand the comment.  They look nothing alike.  Leftwich only threw more than 10 Interceptions once, his rookie season.  He was overly cautious with the ball was usually getting grief from commentators for not throwing deep, or throwing it away.  That's the polar opposite of Winston.  Byron's third year in the league was not bad.  Keep in mind he played for a team that was much worse than Tampa is today.  The 2005 Jaguars were lousy.  He had 15 TD's against only 5 Interceptions.  That doesn't look like Winston at all.  Then he was injured and never came close to playing a full season again.  Winston has had years of 15, 18, 11, 14, and already 10 Interceptions this year.  Byron never turned out to be "good" due to injury.  Winston is just an idiot. 

Actually I think it was 2003 when they were bad, but I'm with you that Leftwich was nothing like Winston.  From 2003-2005 aside from everything you cite, Del Rio was the coach and they had Fred Taylor.  So it was about play D, ball control on offense handing it off to Taylor 20 times a game.  So Leftwich asked to basically be a game manager and take care of the ball. That suited his style anyway unlike Winston slinging it all over the field w/reckless abandon.

• Like 1

And he has two great wr's and a te with all the potential in the world. Looked like he was force feeding Evans the ball. This might be his last year if he doesn't improve and reduce the turnovers. 

Winston's stat line has to be the weirdest ever recorded by a QB......400 Passing Yards, 1 TD and 5 INT's ....and in all honesty , the only reason he was able to accumulate those stats is his arse would've been BENCHED, if Fitzmagic or any other half -decent QB were there !