Sign in to follow this  
sderk

I must be the only person on Earth that didn't know Hunter Henry was back in full today.

Been out on vacation and off the grid for 23.75 hours a day. I played Olsen instead of Henry this week. :cry: 

I played Jimmy Graham thinking the same thing.  Henry was my highest scoring player.  My bench loved those points.....  😫

Three of us so far.  I checked the injury updates an hour before kickoff and completely forgot I had Henry on my bench.  Noah Fant started in his place and I lost by just enough that with Henry I would have had the win.  My bad for forgetting about the guy. 

My entire league must've forgotten about him, as I was able to grab him this week. I guess he was dropped after week 1 or something. I did the "wait and see" approach and kept him on my bench this week. I watched Delanie Walker underwhelm again, but luckily it didn't hurt me. From now on, though, it's Henry for me.

I picked him up as a free agent last week and sat him obviously thinking he would get a few snaps to ease in. Instead he’s the best te in the league already. 

Had him on the bench as they kept saying he'd be eased in. Went with Vance instead. Good thing I had already won. Will be nice to have a decent TE in the lineup from here on out tho.

39 minutes ago, Kelvarr said:

Is he worth blowing the #1 waiver pick on? Dissly is my TE. 

Probably, at this point in the season and if you don't have any legitimate backup to Dissly, yes.

Not starting Henry this week was absolutely a good process. Guys coming off leg fractures don’t normally put up 100/2. Just “bad” results  

In my league no one even picked him up. I don’t really need a TE (have Waller) but am debating using a claim on him because a) he may be better than Waller, b) we start a WE/TE flex, and c) I want to block anyone else from getting him. 

3 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Not starting Henry this week was absolutely a good process. Guys coming off leg fractures don’t normally put up 100/2. Just “bad” results  

In my league no one even picked him up. I don’t really need a TE (have Waller) but am debating using a claim on him because a) he may be better than Waller, b) we start a WE/TE flex, and c) I want to block anyone else from getting him. 

I'm glad to see someone else who understands that the best decisions don't always lead to the best results.  Must be another poker player...

And heck yeah you pick him up!

When he is healthy, he is a top 3 TE. And so what if he gets hurt from time to time, just ride him when the gettin is good. This week was more of a wait and see for me. Next week, he is my starter. Can't wait for Herndon to get back as well.

11 minutes ago, sderk said:

Can't wait for Herndon to get back as well.

Herndon's 5.3 pts per week are going to be a real difference-maker.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Herndon's 5.3 pts per week are going to be a real difference-maker.

Just like J. Williams is "fool's gold"? :lol:

38 minutes ago, sderk said:

Just like J. Williams is "fool's gold"? :lol:

EXACTLY like that--the thrill of the unknown makes him look like a good prospect, but after a few weeks of 5.3 points, everyone can see that the glitter was just an illusion.

Axe Elf just has the benefit of foresight to see it in advance.  Some have the wisdom to listen and learn from his discernment, and others have to learn the hard way.

4 hours ago, Kelvarr said:

Is he worth blowing the #1 waiver pick on? Dissly is my TE. 

Of course.  

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Axe Elf just has the benefit of foresight to see it in advance. 

Well, after you called J. Williams fools gold, Williams went off for 136 total yards and a TD, so I would hope you are just as correct about Herndon. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, sderk said:

When he is healthy, he is a top 3 TE. And so what if he gets hurt from time to time, just ride him when the gettin is good. This week was more of a wait and see for me. Next week, he is my starter. Can't wait for Herndon to get back as well.

Top three te week end and week out of he’s healthy, naw, come on man. 

10 hours ago, sderk said:

Well, after you called J. Williams fools gold, Williams went off for 136 total yards and a TD, so I would hope you are just as correct about Herndon. :thumbsup:

No.

Someone said they were putting in a claim for Williams based on the Monday night game.  His glittering performance is what I called fool's gold, since it was an isolated incident and not an indicator of weekly strong performances to come.

Herndon has been sleeper-hyped all summer, but the only thing he really has going for him is the thrill of the unknown--a promise that likely won't be delivered upon, if his history of 5.3 fantasy points per week is any indication--i.e., he's fool's gold too.

So, being Axe Elf and all--yes, I expect to be correct about both Herndon and Williams.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

No.

Someone said they were putting in a claim for Williams based on the Monday night game.  His glittering performance is what I called fool's gold, since it was an isolated incident and not an indicator of weekly strong performances to come.

Herndon has been sleeper-hyped all summer, but the only thing he really has going for him is the thrill of the unknown--a promise that likely won't be delivered upon, if his history of 5.3 fantasy points per week is any indication--i.e., he's fool's gold too.

So, being Axe Elf and all--yes, I expect to be correct about both Herndon and Williams.

So far you are 0 for 1. Let's see if you can bounce back and get to .500.

2 hours ago, sderk said:

So far you are 0 for 1. Let's see if you can bounce back and get to .500.

In regards to Williams after his MNF game and Herndon in 2019--the only two things we've been talking about--I am 0 for 0 at the present time.

Some of us already know that I'll be 2 for 2 when the season is over; for skeptics like you, time will tell.

Let's see if you can bounce back and stay on topic.

29 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

In regards to Williams after his MNF game and Herndon in 2019--the only two things we've been talking about--I am 0 for 0 at the present time.

Some of us already know that I'll be 2 for 2 when the season is over; for skeptics like you, time will tell.

Let's see if you can bounce back and stay on topic.

0 for 1. Check Williams Monday night's stats. It's ok man, we all miss one here or there.

the entire industry missed on henry last week.  don't sweat it.  be happy to have him and plug him in as long as he stays on the field.

3 hours ago, sderk said:

0 for 1. Check Williams Monday night's stats. It's ok man, we all miss one here or there.

The Monday night game is what caused @DEEZNUTS to put in a waiver claim for Williams in the first place, which is what inspired me to respond by calling Williams' Monday night stats "fool's gold."  The outcome of that proclamation will be decided by whether or not Williams continues to put up stats similar to Monday night's in the future, or if it was just a one-game glittering aberration--the outcome cannot be decided until then.

So 0 for 0, until Williams has a few more games that we can compare to the one which I called "fool's gold."

It's ok man, we can't all have the reading comprehension of Axe Elf.

Started Henry last week with Waller on bye.. Thought in a limited role he would be better than McDonald or Fant as a filler. Got a lot more than expected.... But what now Henry or Waller ROS?

1 minute ago, Byrdman5 said:

Started Henry last week with Waller on bye.. Thought in a limited role he would be better than McDonald or Fant as a filler. Got a lot more than expected.... But what now Henry or Waller ROS?

First world problems.

On 10/14/2019 at 9:53 PM, zftcg said:

This.  

You should never assume a player (even a stud) will light it up in the first game back.

sometimes you will start them anyways because you dont have a choice due to other injuries, byes, or bad team.    But normally I sit a player the first week back from injury unless I dont have a better option.

in this case you lost out, but I dont think your decision making was wrong.

2 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

Waller. 

8 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

I have the same choice. For now I'll see how things play out (this week, Henry seems to have the higher consensus ranking, but it's close, I think TE5 vs TE7).

We have a WR/TE flex, so I could start them both, but considering that my WRs are Thomas/Thielen/Chark/JBrown, I'm not sure it will make sense to start a TE at my flex.

More likely, if both look like they will be solid producers, I may try to move one to a TE-needy team and upgrade elsewhere (which, incidentally, is how I ended up with Thomas; traded Andrews and JuJu for him).

In fact, if you feel confident right now that you know which of the two TEs you want, you could offer the other one right now to the Dissly owner. I'm just not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on that one yet.

I’m over the moon to have gotten Henry for free. Last week I was weak at QB and TE. This week I have Russ Wilson the MVP candidate and Henry who goes off his first game back.

I got him because I had the top waiver pick.  I was kicking myself for passing up on Fuller and Waller.  I feel better about that now, but I should have seen he was available sooner and got him for free.