Cruzer

Ft. Worth PD, shoot and kill woman in her home.

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I'm not sure which technical category this call falls under - but several of the news outlets are reporting the call as a welfare check.

I'm sure it's wrong, but that's what many are calling it.

It is. A wellness or a welfare check is what Strike described. An open door at 2 am that a neghbor called in because they think something is wrong is not. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It is. A wellness or a welfare check is what Strike described. An open door at 2 am that a neghbor called in beciase they think something is wrong is not. 

What would you call it?

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It is. A wellness or a welfare check is what Strike described. An open door at 2 am that a neghbor called in because they think something is wrong is not. 

Yea for sure.

I've only seen a couple links that have reported it as an 'open structure call', most are calling it a welfare check.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

What would you call it?

A field investigation for a possible crime. 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

A legitimate reason for police to be on site. 

Oh they could be “on site,” no doubt about that. But what you do is go up and knock on the door or ring the doorbell. Maybe very cautiously if you think there might be something ongoing. And if in the course of doing that you hear screaming or a gunshot or what have you, now you’ve got your exigent circumstances and you rush on in.

What you don’t do is sneak in through the back gate for no damn reason whatsoever then shoot the resident through the window.

Is there some focking reason we’re even debating this? :doh:

18 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Oh they could be “on site,” no doubt about that. But what you do is go up and knock on the door or ring the doorbell. Maybe very cautiously if you think there might be something ongoing. And if in the course of doing that you hear screaming or a gunshot or what have you, now you’ve got your exigent circumstances and you rush on in.

What you don’t do is sneak in through the back gate for no damn reason whatsoever then shoot the resident through the window.

Is there some focking reason we’re even debating this? :doh:

Well, doesn't look like you have ever responded to a call like this. By yourself no less.  But yeah, just walk right into it. No need to take a look around first. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, doesn't look like you have ever responded to a call like this. By yourself no less.  But yeah, just walk right into it. No need to take a look around first. 

Sure but constitutionally speaking you’ve crossed a line when you enter the curtilage of the home, and it sounds like that’s exactly what this fella did.

Also he was not by himself. And they parked the police car a block away then snuck up through the gated backyard. 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Sure but constitutionally speaking you’ve crossed a line when you enter the curtilage of the home, and it sounds like that’s exactly what this fella did.

Also he was not by himself. And they parked the police car a block away then snuck up through the gated backyard. 

He absolutely had the right to be on the curtelige. Why wouldn't he? Why don't you give us a scenario when a cop can? 

He absolutely had the right to be on the curtelige. Why wouldn't he? Why don't you give us a scenario when a cop can? 

For a “former cop” you sure don’t know much. Curtilage is considered part of the home itself, erego just like with a house the cops can’t go in unless they’re invited in or they have a warrant or there are exigent circumstances.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtilage

So, it turns out this woman pointed a gun at the cop, according to her nephew? Looks like it's a good shoot then. 

For a “former cop” you sure don’t know much. Curtilage is considered part of the home itself, erego just like with a house the cops can’t go in unless they’re invited in or they have a warrant or there are exigent circumstances.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtilage

Yeah, unless they think a crime may be in progress. Give it up Matlock, you don't know what you're talking about. 

So, it turns out this woman pointed a gun at the cop, according to her nephew? Looks like it's a good shoot then. 

Yeah that’s why they fired him and charged him with murder :doh:

She had no idea he was a cop and had no reason to suspect the person sneaking through her backyard was a cop because, again, HE WASN’T SUPPOSED TO BE THERE.

Yeah, unless they think a crime may be in progress. Give it up Matlock, you don't know what you're talking about. 

You’re the worst fake cop that ever lived :lol:

Just now, IGotWorms said:

She had no idea he was a cop and had no reason to suspect the person sneaking through her backyard was a cop because, again, HE WASN’T SUPPOSED TO BE THERE.

There wasn't a 911 call to the location? 

So what?  She didn't know he was a cop because:

1)  He never announced himself.

2)  He didn't park his cop car anywhere near her house so she might notice it. 

3)  He was in the dark outside her window creeping around the house. 

The last time I checked it was legal for a person who is legally entitled to own a gun to handle it inside their own house.  The cop created this situation and should be held accountable. 

Wow.  We need to have a fake cop vs. fake lawyer contest.  I call it a toss up.

Nah, I was pretty Fockin good real cop, in one of the biggest shitholes this country has. I've probably spent more time in court than you 

Nah, I was pretty Fockin good real cop, in one of the biggest shitholes this country has. I've probably spent more time in court than you 

Obviously not, you have no concept of basic fourth amendment law.

I know I can go on your property and take a look around if I have reasonable suspicion that a crime may be in progress. Weird that you don't know that. What are you, a patent lawyer or something? 

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I guess you've never heard of the emergency exclusion either. Shameful what they are not teaching in law school these days. You go online or something? 

I guess you've never heard of the emergency exclusion either. Shameful what they are not teaching in law school these days. You go online or something? 

You continue to entertain the thought that he's ACTUALLY a lawyer.  At best, he's still studying for his 10th bar exam.  But he spends so much time here I don't think he'll ever pass.

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He wasn't fired, he resigned. And a DA overcharging to keep the mutants quiet? You don't say. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know I can go on your property and take a look around if I have reasonable suspicion that a crime may be in progress. Weird that you don't know that. What are you, a patent lawyer or something? 

Look, I can’t explain it to you anymore than I already have. It’s clear you just don’t even have the first clue, which is unsurprising since there’s no focking way you were ever a cop.

17 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Look, I can’t explain it to you anymore than I already have. It’s clear you just don’t even have the first clue, which is unsurprising since there’s no focking way you were ever a cop.

Oh, the irony.  :lol:

27 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Oh, we can wager on that bigmouth. Name your terms. 10-1? I'm good. 

What is that again? Phoenix University online law degree at work here? Get your degree in six months and spend the rest of your life taking the bar exam while trying to find a paralegal job but never getting one?

Isn't that the route AOC took to get where she is today?

7 minutes ago, sderk said:

What is that again? Phoenix University online law degree at work here? Get your degree in six months and spend the rest of your life taking the bar exam while trying to find a paralegal job but never getting one?

Isn't that the route AOC took to get where she is today?

I suspect he went to the "University of American Samoa Law School"

https://www.breakingbadstore.com/products/better-call-saul-university-of-american-samoa-law-school-logo-adult-heather-sweatshirt

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So a cop can be called to a house, not identify themselves in any way, walk around back, peak in a window and if the homeowner pulls out a weapon to defend themselves from a possible intruder, the cop can shoot them through the window? Really?

10 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

So a cop can be called to a house, not identify themselves in any way, walk around back, peak in a window and if the homeowner pulls out a weapon to defend themselves from a possible intruder, the cop can shoot them through the window? Really?

Depends what he's called for. And yeah, you can pretty much shoot anyone pointing a gun at you. You know that though. 

Depends what he's called for. And yeah, you can pretty much shoot anyone pointing a gun at you. You know that though. 

It just fails the “reasonable” test for me. Guys will be SWAT calling all over the place. 

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It just fails the “reasonable” test for me. Guys will be SWAT calling all over the place. 

I don't know what to tell you. Are cops not supposed to take a look around when they suspect a crime? It's not like they chased someone there and knew what was going on. They had very little information. Are they supposed to just leave without investigating a little bit? What if there was a home invasion going on and they just left without checking things out? It doesn't work like that. Obviously the Fort Worth DA is being a bit overzealous with this charge this quick. Anyone who knows anything about a police shooting knows this. Murder? Give me a Fockin break.  

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don't know what to tell you. Are cops not supposed to take a look around when they suspect a crime? It's not like they chased someone there and knew what was going on. They had very little information. Are they supposed to just leave without investigating a little bit? What if there was a home invasion going on and they just left without checking things out? It doesn't work like that. Obviously the Fort Worth DA is being a bit overzealous with this charge this quick. Anyone who knows anything about a police shooting knows this. Murder? Give me a Fockin break.  

I don’t know about murder either. Seems a reach, but it is early. 

It seems like the cops could investigate the call, but you say that they already progressed to “suspecting” a crime. They should be on alert, but they must have sucked at being sneaky if she heard them. They should have been louder or announced themselves since they had no clue what was going on. Going silent was a bad idea.

WTH is wrong with these cops nowadays? Trigger happy wannabe "heroes".need to cool the fock down!

Horrible tragedy! 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh, we can wager on that bigmouth. Name your terms. 10-1? I'm good. 

1-1, $250. How we gonna settle it?

4 hours ago, Strike said:

So what?  She didn't know he was a cop because:

1)  He never announced himself.

2)  He didn't park his cop car anywhere near her house so she might notice it. 

3)  He was in the dark outside her window creeping around the house. 

The last time I checked it was legal for a person who is legally entitled to own a gun to handle it inside their own house.  The cop created this situation and should be held accountable. 

All of this. 

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

1-1, $250. How we gonna settle it?

Need a third party. I'll send my info to them. Who do you recommend? 

What is the reason why 2 cops don't go to the front door and identify themselves? I mean, you don't stand right in front of the open door, you stand to the side. Total fockup in my opinion. That would have ended the whole incident. These 2 were clueless.