Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

JuJu Smith Schuster

So at this point are we trading him even at cents on the dollar?

I'm pretty solid at wide receiver right now with Evans, Ridley, Anderson, Jones Jr. and Diggs coming in a trade where I sent Breida to someone. (At RB we only play 2 and I have McCaffrey, Fournette, Carson, and Hyde yet)

Tight ends are not great with Walker and Jimmy Graham. I'm thinking of trying to upgrade to that second tier of tight ends if possible, but Smith-Schuster has limited value

In the leagues I own Ju Ju, you aren't getting anything for him, unless it's a dynasty/keeper league.  His value is flat out DEAD in redraft with the QB situation in Pitt.  I'd trade him if I could, but would end up with someone I could have picked up on the waiver wire. 

Yeah you definitely aren't getting much for him. That's why I was asking if there is a spot people think they can get something for him.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah you definitely aren't getting much for him. That's why I was asking if there is a spot people think they can get something for him.

On a more positive note, Rudolph said before his last game he was going to make an effort to get JuJu more involved in the games.  The problem is JuJu is running routes that take just a bit longer than the other WR's.  A younger QB wants to dump the ball as quickly as they can.  If Rudolph makes him a priority, he could turn things around and hit WR3 numbers.  That's better, at least, than what we've been getting. 

I would agree, if you can get a good return for him on a te I would take it.  

And I’m sorry about this issue, juju as truly been a big disappointment. 

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would agree, if you can get a good return for him on a te I would take it.  

And I’m sorry about this issue, juju as truly been a big disappointment. 

It hasn't hurt me too much yet because I'm pretty good on depth but it sucks having your #1 not doing anything. If Anderson can find some connection with Darnold it would work well for me. Evans/Ridley/Diggs/Anderson/Jones Jr. can get the job done even playing 3 receivers every week. It just requires some more roster manipulation than I would like to have to do at this point. I want to be getting to "set it and forget it" style

Anderson will keep clicking with Darnold.  I took him late in fantasy drafts and without Darnold, it was a major disappointment.  With him, I think Robby can be a top 25 WR from here on out, provided he remains healthy.  The only downside is he faces the Patriots and Bills.  Those two weeks are iffy.... 

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

It just requires some more roster manipulation than I would like to have to do at this point. I want to be getting to "set it and forget it" style

Set it and forget it is a "blessing" I would rather not have--it just means that you only have 3 good WRs and the others are bad enough to never warrant consideration.

I prefer to have teams with 5-6 WRs who are good enough to play the matchups week to week--even if that means that sometimes you get 20 points out of the one you started over the one on the bench who gets 25.

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Set it and forget it is a "blessing" I would rather not have--it just means that you only have 3 good WRs and the others are bad enough to never warrant consideration.

I prefer to have teams with 5-6 WRs who are good enough to play the matchups week to week--even if that means that sometimes you get 20 points out of the one you started over the one on the bench who gets 25.

In some ways I agree. What I was referring to is I'd like to have my first two receivers (Smith Schuster and Evans) as being set guys and then rotating Jones Jr./Anderson/Ridley through that third spot which is what I've been doing. I actually traded Matt Breida for Stefon Diggs- the trade was proposed before Diggs went off this week and was seen late- so I added into that receiver quagmire by bringing in another guy to rotate through the system.

Breida was expendable because I have McCaffrey/Fournette/Carson/Hyde additionally. I saw very limited chances of Breida jumping those guys on a given week.

20 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Anderson will keep clicking with Darnold.  I took him late in fantasy drafts and without Darnold, it was a major disappointment.  With him, I think Robby can be a top 25 WR from here on out, provided he remains healthy.  The only downside is he faces the Patriots and Bills.  Those two weeks are iffy.... 

Yeah I'm still a believer in Anderson and I think having Thomas and Crowder there helps him a lot. Obviously Darnold being back as well. I have no problem using him in that wide receiver turnstile